shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Bride has ticked me off!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have been searching for some silver votive holders to accent my centerpieces and came across these amazing ones advertised in Modern Bride's 2005 Reception Style magazine. They would be the PERFECT in every way!
30.gif
30.gif
whitewed1101_08.jpg
30.gif
30.gif

Unfortunately, I've just learned that the manufacturer Two's Company hasn't been producing them for more than TWO YEARS!!
39.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
39.gif

I've been looking for an alternative while I waited for info on this item, and there isn't a single product comparable to this one in elegance or style. I'm so dissapointed in Modern Bride; not only did they put the item in the mag without checking to see if it would be available, they are still featuring it on their website!!! I feel like the biggest baby, but all I want to do is throw a fit. What makes me angrier is thatI feel like this is turning me into the
11.gif
Bridezilla
11.gif
I promised I'd never become.
Why am I obsessing over such a tiny object? Why can't I let it go?
If only I had never seen these, I wouldn't know what I'm missing.
29.gif
Bridezilla SMASH!
29.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Actually feel a little better now that I''ve vented.
emembarrassed.gif
Sorry I had to subject you all to that.
emembarrassed.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hehe.. lollybear... i''m sorry, i don''t think you meant your post to be funny, but boy i couldn''t help giggling while i read your rant... i think partly bc i would feel the EXACT SAME if i were you!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

just last night my FI said to me, "boy, i will be so glad when the wedding is over so you (meaning me) will be NORMAL again!!!!" (i had just spent the last 10 minutes talking about want to get the cutest precious moments cake topper on ebay.......)
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

good luck on the silver votives........ i''m sure you''ll find something!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry about that, I too hate it when due diligence isn''t done in advertising.

Perhaps Cost Plus might have something like that? I know they have a ton of votive holders, also maybe try Pier One.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins,
I''m glad you found it amusing; I was worried that someone might tell me to stuff it.
I also glad I''m not the only one who obsesses over details that othersmight consider insignificant. I''m sure every bride wants their wedding to be perfect and having anything less can drive even the best of us a little crazy.

jenwill,
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check them out soon.

Everyone,
Your optimism gives me hope...THANKS!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
11.gif
Just because I''ve calmed down doesn''t mean I''ve forgotten!
11.gif

payback.JPG

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

That is hilarious...I am saving it to adapt for the future when I have my own bridezilla moments!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Ha!! Lollybear ~ I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! I think it was Modern Bride that featured a wedding dress last summer that I just adored immediately... of course, its from a designer that virtually no one has ever heard of, had no web presence whatsoever until like 2 months ago... It was ridiculous!!! I was pissed that they even featured the dress if it''s near impossible to get!!!! Plus, now that the designer now has a website, the dress in Modern Bride looks nothing like any of the stuff on the website, so I''m wondering if it''s even from this decade?!?! So frustrating!!!!! And yes, I''ve found another dress that I love, but still, don''t feature items that are virtually impossible to procure!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
thats so strange. I wonder where they FIND these things to feature in thier magazines that are no longer being made, or no one has ever heard of.. I''m sorry that happened to you lolly bear! I''m sure you''ll find great favors somewhere though!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Those bastards!!!! I think we should have a pricescope road-trip to mexico to find us some silver votive-holders
3.gif

I''m in New York so I''ll pick everyone up along the way!!!!
25.gif

seriously, I''ve had that happen with me and things I''ve fallen in love with featured in Lucky magazine. It really does stink!
Don''t give up the search, Lollybear

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Darn, FountainFairfax, you''re not serious?
6.gif
I guess I''d better go unpack my bags
25.gif
teehee.

At least I''ve learned not to spend a fortune on unreliable magazines. It''s more fun taking a "girl''s day" to go shopping for these things anyway.
9.gif

Thanks for all the kind responses; it''s really lifted my spirit. I feel myself returning to "normal" already
2.gif

soontobemarried

Rough_Rock
As a soon to be bride I know exactly what your going through. You want everything to be just right, we have been thinking about this day since puberty, if not before...The most imp advice i can give you is try to see the forest from the trees. We have all been to weddings most very memorable and lovely, but I dont ever remember what the votive centrepeices looked like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results