shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael C. Fina Registry, Did you? NYC and surrounding area brides

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m thinking of swapping out my Bloomingdales reg for a Michael C. Fina registry because they have a greater selection for some of the high end dinnerware items we are interested in. A cursory google search reveals just a few reviews, but mostly poor customer service. Any first hand PS experiences? Thanks.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
No, not really. While I found that I loved some of the stuff there most of our guests wouldn''t buy from there. We didn''t want the macy''s or bloomies china options either so we decided that when we buy a big house we will use some of the money we got from the wedding and buy our own nice china maybe from Fina. However, I know that doesn''t really answer your question but I totally know where you are coming from. Registering was really hard for us because our place is so small and we didn''t want to put nice things in it either when we are probably going to sell it in the next two years or so. Anyway, I hope someone can help you.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You were my first guess EM1. The joys of city living! We have a CB and BBB reg. but have been explicitly asked by some family members for bigger ticket gifts. (We should all be so lucky to have such issues). So we were going to pick out some nice pieces anyway and just know that we are registering for our lives 5 years from now or so
12.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t register at Michael C Fina but I know a few people who did and said great things about the experience. Not sure how much was purchased from it or not though. Are most of your gift givers from the area? That''ll have an affect on it. But, you did say that all of the higher end items that you want are from there so I guess my advice is not to just register somewhere else for the sake of registering. It''s meant to be stuff you want! Go for it.

I am also in NYC and have registered at Bloomingdales and BBB (thinking of swapping out BBB for Crate and Barrel or WS). We are in the same thought process as em1 where we''d rather just buy china later on down the road when we can actually buy a lot and have a place to store it. Right now I''d only be able to store service for 2...and we have a big apartment for NYC standards. It''s crazy sometimes how hard it is to live here!

hope that helps...i kind of talked in circles.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Yes! DH got his wedding band from Michael C. Fina and the customer service was excellent. They have so many beautiful things. I''d be thrilled if a friend registered there, because it''d give me an excuse to go there again! Congrats!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOVED Michael C. Fina!!! I went there last weekend and had a great experience. The selection was amazing and I found exactly what I was looking for. I also went to bloomingdales, but was not super impresses. Michael C. FIna is the way to go in my opinion!
9.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
hi! neimans is also a good option! they have my china and crystal, but i did not register there. it is a good option because guests can easily order online or in their local store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results