shape
carat
color
clarity

Massage day before wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
One of my bridesmaids has asked if I would like to go for a pedicure and a professional massage the day before the wedding. I''m on board for the pedicure but I am hesitant with the massage. I have never had a professional massage before but I have heard others comment that their muscles feel great while being massaged and throughout the rest of the day but that the following morning they are sore.

Anyone out there have any experience with massage, specifically Aveda Hydrotherm?

Thanks!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I''ve never had one but am getting one the morning of the wedding to prevent this, my awesome sister just got her masseuse license and has offered to give me one while we are getting ready :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
don''t do anything on the face - you could break out.

As far as massages go, depends on the type. I get sports massages/deep tissue, and I am SORE afterwards, but I like them to be rough with me. If it is a gentle massage- it could be an excellent destressor - and shouldn''t be a problem for the day of... it is really up to you and how much free time you have... sometimes it is so crazy wedding week, it is nice for a little downtime.. however you decide to spend it is up to you!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I had a wonderful massage the morning of my wedding, and man did it help me relax. I''ve never been sore after a massage in any case. Just ask them to go easy on you, no deep tissue work. The best is when they rub your neck and temples.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve had one professional body massage, and i used to run to the mall weekly for free massages for my back/arm (i have tendonitis). i don''t remember feeling sore the next day, at least not more so than i normally am
1.gif
but then again my muscles are generally tense and knotted. my FI says depending on how deep the massage is he might be sore.

you could always say you''ll have to have a trial run now just to see how it goes
25.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies - my BM just told me she booked a 1 hour massage for me and told them it is a destress massage and should be very gentle.

I am not getting any facial work done. I have my last facial this Saturday in preparation for the big day. That''s plenty of time for any blenishes to be brought out and healed in time for the wedding. Fortunately I have been following the same routine for almost a year now and having the same facial each time I go to the salon. The last two visits have resulted in almost no surprize blemishes.

I''m so excited I can barely wait!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 4:19:24 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Thanks ladies - my BM just told me she booked a 1 hour massage for me and told them it is a destress massage and should be very gentle.

I am not getting any facial work done. I have my last facial this Saturday in preparation for the big day. That''s plenty of time for any blenishes to be brought out and healed in time for the wedding. Fortunately I have been following the same routine for almost a year now and having the same facial each time I go to the salon. The last two visits have resulted in almost no surprize blemishes.

I''m so excited I can barely wait!!
I think she means make sure they don''t massage your face (most places will ask you first if you want it).

I get massages regularly and had one the day before my wedding as well. I asked them not to do the scalp massage and the face massage and asked them to use lotion instead of body oil. Hope that helps.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 4:15:18 PM
Author: Squirrly
i''ve had one professional body massage, and i used to run to the mall weekly for free massages for my back/arm (i have tendonitis). i don''t remember feeling sore the next day, at least not more so than i normally am
1.gif
but then again my muscles are generally tense and knotted. my FI says depending on how deep the massage is he might be sore.

you could always say you''ll have to have a trial run now just to see how it goes
25.gif

Whoa, who gives free massages? I wanna move there! :)

OP, I think you''d be fine, but just make sure you don''t tense up during the massage - if you feel discomfort, just ask them for less pressure instead of tensing up to bear the pain.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I get professional massages alot and they are a great de-stressors... don't get anything to rough or to deep because you will be sore afterwards.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 4:30:38 PM
Author: onvacation

Whoa, who gives free massages? I wanna move there! :)

a masseuse named Mark who was working at a chiropractor''s office at the time and came to the sleep number store on fridays to get business for them and get his name out there. he decided to work closer to his home, so he stopped coming right before christmas last year
7.gif
hopefully i''ll run into him sometime before i move, he was fun to talk to!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i definitely recommend getting one before the wedding BUT NO DEEP TISSUE massages unless your used to it. if you haven''t had any massage experience before, i would recommend trying one months before your wedding to figure out which one works best for you.

i would not recommend having a 1st-time massage the day before the wedding just because your body might not be used to it.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I had one the day before and I was totally fine. As a matter of fact, I was better than fine...I was fantastic!

I would say that you should get one now...see how you feel. Everyone reacts differently--you might be a ton of bricks the next day.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another who says NO DEEP TISSUE. I had one on vacay.. It felt great at the time, but was soooo sore and a tad sick afterwards..

I''d play it super safe.. But that''s just me.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an aveda massage done 2 days before my wedding, felt as great as new. I''d definitely recommend getting one!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you do get one, make sure to find out what types of oil/lotion they use. I got a massage a while ago and ended up with a rash all over my body from whatever oil/lotion they used. It went away in a few days but I wouldn''t have wanted it on my wedding day! Honestly, I''d probably just skip it. It''s a very sweet gesture though.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love massages, so go for it! They''ll likely give you a Swedish massage which is more about relaxing than it is really working the kinks out of your muscles. I also love how soft my skin feels when I''m done!

Having them avoid your face is a good idea, though.

I am planning on doing this the day prior or morning of for my entire bridal party (2 girls), FI and the groomsmen (if they want one).

I think it''s a fabulous idea. Get pampered!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 8:09:55 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I had one the day before and I was totally fine. As a matter of fact, I was better than fine...I was fantastic!

I would say that you should get one now...see how you feel. Everyone reacts differently--you might be a ton of bricks the next day.

any excuse to get at least 2 right!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results