shape
carat
color
clarity

Made my own bouquet - opinions please!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I just had a practice run at making my own bouqets, and wanted to share them!

The white one is for me, the coloured for my BMs. I think there is too much colour in the BM ones, and I''ll go with a lighter shade or purple when I do the real thing. The BM one also fell apart a bit, so it''s not as round as it should be, but I''ll fix that.

My venue is an old sandstone cottage, so I''m going to a ''cottage garden'' type feel.

Pics of my venue:

garden.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
The building itself. Most of the wedding and reception will take place in this courtyard and the garden.

outside bpcottage Lozza.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Great job! Very impressive that you are doing your own bouquets!

I love your BM bouquets and wouldn''t change a thing. I love the all white, textured mix of your bridal bouquet -- I would probably distribute the green bits (I am horrible at flower names) evenly as opposed to just on one side, but that''s just me! (Alternatively, I might throw in one other white flower with a different texture to have a combo of three.)

They look very pretty!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think they are absolutely gorgeous! I love both bouquets as they are and wouldn''t change a thing! Although if a lighter shade of purple is the look you are going for, I think it would look just as good. Very impressive for a DIY!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Lozza, they''re lovely! STUNNING, in fact!

I do agree with you that the lighter purple in the BM bouquets will be more fitting for your venue, and I agree with mscushion...I''m partial to a symmetrical bouquet, so I''d be more likely to distribute the buds around the entire bouquet than just on the bottom portion.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You did an amazing job!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think they are both lovely! I actually really like the contrast of colors with the lighter white and pink against the deep purple!
36.gif

beltane

Shiny_Rock
absolutely beautiful!!! that''s what I''m hoping mine looks like!

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Great job! I am planning on doing the same thing.
The only little thing I saw to watch for were the large leaves on the bottom of yours almost seemed like one too many, esp. in the full photo of it laying down. Try to only have one full layer of leaves to balance it on the underside of the white flowers, instead of overlapping them, b/c they can curl and overpower the flowers a bit.
Nice job however! :)

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated!

mscushion - good point about the green bits, I need to make them more even.

FutureMrsMRS - Thanks re. the venue. I love it!

vc10um - agreed, will distribute the green bits more evenly.

EmDressage - you are right about the leaves, i need tomake sure there''s onlt one of each.

The best part is, I bought the flowers at the markets and it only cost me $40 for enough to make 3. They also get cheaper when you buy more ($5 bunch, $10 for 3), so I think I could do my entire wedding for $100.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re both beautiful! And I''m so impressed that you made them yourself -- way to go!

One thing you might consider trying... your BM''s bouquet has a white flower that has a drooping stem with numerous green buds... freesia, maybe? Have you tried adding some of those to your bridal bouquet? They keep the overall color scheme but would add some texture. It would probably result in a less formal look though.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 8:00:14 PM
Author: Lozza
The best part is, I bought the flowers at the markets and it only cost me $40 for enough to make 3. They also get cheaper when you buy more ($5 bunch, $10 for 3), so I think I could do my entire wedding for $100.
That is awesome! What kind of market-like a farmer's market??-
I wish we had more of those here- we are in a rural area anyway, but there are very few and far between markets, and if there are, they tend to be rather 'typical', with not all 'local' things, and moreso some potted plants with fruits and vegetables, not so much cut flowers, etc. I wish there were more. (My fiance and I grow things to put in markets, but have found that they tend to be a larger commercial-store driven type of markets, not really aimed at the individual and the local aspect. I've seen a few, but not many.)
Anyway, totally off track there,..........stepping off the soapbox now.....
20.gif

I am wanting to do the same thing for our wedding (my fiance is a landscaper/plant greenhouse guy, etc. and *secretly* does flower arrangements on the side for me, and has agreed to help/work on the flower/plant side of our wedding ), with him. We were looking at Sam's Club (we are business members there), to buy the flowers in bulk from, simply because I do not know where else to get them that might be cheaper? Eck!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re both amazing! You are talented!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 9:37:39 AM
Author: EmDressage

Date: 4/10/2010 8:00:14 PM
Author: Lozza
That is awesome! What kind of market-like a farmer's market??-
I wish we had more of those here- we are in a rural area anyway, but there are very few and far between markets, and if there are, they tend to be rather 'typical', with not all 'local' things, and moreso some potted plants with fruits and vegetables, not so much cut flowers, etc. I wish there were more. (My fiance and I grow things to put in markets, but have found that they tend to be a larger commercial-store driven type of markets, not really aimed at the individual and the local aspect. I've seen a few, but not many.)
Anyway, totally off track there,..........stepping off the soapbox now.....
20.gif

I am wanting to do the same thing for our wedding (my fiance is a landscaper/plant greenhouse guy, etc. and *secretly* does flower arrangements on the side for me, and has agreed to help/work on the flower/plant side of our wedding ), with him. We were looking at Sam's Club (we are business members there), to buy the flowers in bulk from, simply because I do not know where else to get them that might be cheaper? Eck!
I am in Sydney, Australia and got them from the Sydney Growers Market. It's the same market all the local florists source their flowers from, but they'll sell in small quantities as well as big ones. The market is incredible - it's HUGE and has loads of fresh veggies, meat, cheeses, etc...

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! They look great!
I''m doing my own as well. I hope they turn out as good as yours.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
You did a great job. I''m very impressed with your hand-tying, its tough getting the pins in! I''ve tried :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Great job! I also did my own bouquets and it was a ton of fun! Well, except for the fact that I missed my own RD almost entirely because I was busy making bouquets. I loved how they turned out and I loved the price! I think the mixed texture of your bouquet is lovely and I agree that maybe a softer purple would be better since you have a brighter pink.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!! And very elegant! I love the pearl detail. Very well done
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results