shape
carat
color
clarity

long veil, short veil, no veil?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I was dead-set on no veil.... until I tried some on yesterday! They sure are pretty....
emrainbow.gif

dressk397c2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I was the same way. I like the short one with your dress. The long one makes the look a little busy to me.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i LOVE the long one, but agree that a shorter style would be best. i was no veil too, until i tried them on. now i am trying to convince Fi that he wants to lift a veil :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Please get a veil! I didn''t and REALLY wish I had.

Did you try a mid-length veil? I like both the pics you posted but feel neither is ''quite'' right.

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:20:04 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I was the same way. I like the short one with your dress. The long one makes the look a little busy to me.
Nice to know I''m not alone =D

I like the short one too, especially at the back where it covers my hair but not the bow on the dress.

backveil632c.jpg

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:29:08 PM
Author: Steel

Did you try a mid-length veil? I like both the pics you posted but feel neither is ''quite'' right.

No I just had access to a long one and short one... I wonder if I should take the dress to a bridal store and try on a bunch of different veils?

Jcarlylew : do it! When will you ever get another chance =D

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to be subjective because I tend to like very long or no veil at all, personally... it also really depends on the venue and the fanciness of the wedding.

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to chime in...I just got married and had a long, cathedral-length veil. I LOVE the way it ended up looking in pictures, especially one ones we took outside. It was very dramatic how it blew in the breeze :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think the shorter one goes with your dress better. It doesn''t cover up the detail on the train.
1.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 6:17:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
I think the shorter one goes with your dress better. It doesn''t cover up the detail on the train.
1.gif

Ditto. The long one seems to hide a lot of your dress. Maybe mid-length would give you the best of both worlds without hiding your dress?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to tell from the photos because the longer one is all bunched up, and you can''t really see your back in either photo. But I''m a dissenting voice and say the long one...I think short veils tend to visually cut a person in half, which isn''t a very attractive look (in my opinion, of course). A very sheer, long veil isn''t going to hide your dress much, especially if you take it off for the reception.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m voting long veil as well - it''s so much more elegant.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
I vote no veil or if you really want one, a long one. I am not a fan of short veils.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I like either mid-length or longer veils. I went for a mid-length one myself (I''m a big time klutz and would have undoubtedly tripped on or torn a longer one).

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
LONG. They''re so romantic and make for great pics! And I agree with others that as long as it''s sheer you won''t lose the detail on the dress.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:29:08 PM
Author: Steel

ditto to this ?....
If you are dead set on either one, if you could tell us a little more about your wedding and venue, that would be most helpful
4.gif

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Long veil for sure. The short ones can tend to make the brides silhouette look cut in half. I went with long and it was sheer enough to see the detail on my dress.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I like the short one, based on the photos... But I do love long veils. Do you have pictures of the long one from different angles?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I vote short. The long hides a lot of your dress detail.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
the first one, the long one. as it is see-through, it doesn''t hide your hair or dress.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the short one. Both are nice but I vote for the short veil.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results