shape
carat
color
clarity

****Lets Get Skinny****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nickolsae

Rough_Rock
I have 211 days to go! Does anyone have any good tips for losing weight, toning up and getting hot???

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Come on over to the Weekly Workout Thread on the Family and Home board! It''s a good group, and the motivation of having a bunch of people cheering you on helps a ton.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Eat right and exercise! It''s the best way to accomplish your goal.

Sorry no secrets
8.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here's my tip: go to the gym several times a week; do cardio and a weights regimen; eat lots of vegetables, whole grains, and low fat proteins (aka, beans, chicken, fish, skim milk etc.), and eat sweets in moderation. No secrets! Just eat well and exercise.

My wedding goal was to make my arms more shapely and toned and its going well. My 'secret' is that I lift weights 3 times a week! Arm curls, wrist curls, and shrugs. AKA, no secret, just regular ol' work.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Like IndyGal, I''m a weightlifter. Lift 3-4 times a week. Push, pull workouts on deltoids, triceps, back, and biceps. CRUNCH IT! Haha.
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 3:56:07 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Here's my tip: go to the gym several times a week; do cardio and a weights regimen; eat lots of vegetables, whole grains, and low fat proteins (aka, beans, chicken, fish, skim milk etc.), and eat sweets in moderation. No secrets! Just eat well and exercise.
Ditto! I gained 15 lbs. over last summer (on purpose--long story) and started out my weight loss in September at 138, with a final goal of 115.

I was on SparkPeople last fall for a little while, it helped with my initial motivation. But I found that the default "goals" they provide were too broad. I was eating 1200 calories/day, staying with the fat/carb/protein limits, and the scale was dropping VERY slowly. I did 35-60 minutes of cardio per day, with weekend breaks. I was losing about .5lb per week... not very impressive for what I felt was a pretty strict regimen.

So, frustrated, I dropped it over the holidays. Took a break. Gained a couple pounds back. Good thing this was during the writer's strike, so I wasn't missing out on jobs because of my weight
3.gif

When I came back, I majorly improved the quality of my food (in the same ways IG suggested), and stopped paying attention to calorie counts. I also dropped the concentrated workout sessions and just made sure I was moving all day, whenever possible. That's working a lot better for me--I've been losing about 1lb. per week for the past 5 weeks. It's not fast weight loss, but it's faster than what I was achieving last fall, and my regimen feels so much easier and more natural.

Sorry for the novel
2.gif
But I hope it helps!
35.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I am actually doing WW online right now. I love it because I can still splurge on occasion so I don''t feel deprived. Also, I weigh myself in the privacy of my own home.

My current workout regime is about 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week and weight training 3-4 times per week at the gym. I recommitted WW on January 4th and have lost 6.6 lbs. to date! I have about 10 more to go!
16.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I will join you! Sigh. I need to tone my arms and lose a lot of weight before the wedding in 2010. I bought a dress at the size I am now, but not so big that it can''t be altered.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 4:27:48 PM
Author: LauraSLP07
I am actually doing WW online right now. I love it because I can still splurge on occasion so I don''t feel deprived. Also, I weigh myself in the privacy of my own home.

My current workout regime is about 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week and weight training 3-4 times per week at the gym. I recommitted WW on January 4th and have lost 6.6 lbs. to date! I have about 10 more to go!
16.gif
I love WW it helped me so much.

Right now I''m really thinking about going raw. It''s something I''ve wanted to do for a while so I''m slowly trying to get into it. I think my goal instead of complete raw, will be raw until dinner and for dinner have steamed veggies and chicken (which I LOVE).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not count calories and I eat good grains, low fat, fresh fruits and veggies, etc. I try to really eat high quality food and really focus on portion control.

I do some pilates, the elliptical for 30 minutes 4 times a week, and some weights.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results