shape
carat
color
clarity

lariat necklace choices! Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

So I ordered my dress last week (Watters 2039B http://watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&showid=51#) -- yay!! -- and now I''m on a jewelry hunt. I know LizzieC had a similar question a while ago, and like her, I also love the look of a lariat with a tail down the back. Now to decide which one!! I like SO many!

I really love this one: http://www.springdream.com/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=394&osCsid=f66651f2d7bd5bd7b9cd8077680738f4

but I have no idea what white topaz really looks like, and it''s kind of hard to tell from that photo. In that photo, they almost look like glowing crystals! But from what I see online, it''s really almost more of a diamondy/rhinestoney look?

If not that one, then I''m torn between these two : http://www.springdream.com/product_info.php?cPath=63&products_id=500&osCsid=f66651f2d7bd5bd7b9cd8077680738f4 and http://www.springdream.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=54&osCsid=f66651f2d7bd5bd7b9cd8077680738f4

(I like the double tail of the first, but I think I prefer a few more pearls mixed into it, like in the second)

Unfortunately, this places doesn''t take returns, so I''m a bit scared to order the white topaz without really knowing what it looks like. Do any of you have any white topaz jewels you could post photos of?

Thanks! (And sorry for the URLs, but I''m clueless as to how to post more than one photo in a message. I''ve been one of those "box with a red X through it" posters before!)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Though now I''m thinking that maybe the white topaz one isn''t really very bridal-looking? Hmm.

OK, my new favorite is the Tory. I think crystals are better than pearls with this dress, since the underlayer has crystal-y flowers on it ...

Well look at that, I answered my own question :)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i like all three necklaces, but i think the becky is my favorite

just a suggestion: all of the necklaces would be really easy to DIY and would be a whole lot cheaper
emstar.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think all 3 necklaces are very pretty as well. (And your dress is so lovely!)

Here''s the Tory that you like best:

ToryFront.JPG

Tory back view:

ToryBack.JPG

I found this picture of a white topaz ring which should give you a better idea of what white topaz looks like. I think the glow in the photo from SpringDream was caused by the camera''s flash.

42626_f.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
They''re all pretty, but I like the last one...the Becky. With the "single tail". For some reason, it just looks much cleaner and less fussy than the double tail.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys!

The one time I was in a bead store, I almost had a panic attack because there was too much to choose from! BUT I have a friend who makes jewelry a lot, so hopefully she can advise me well :) I suppose it''s worth a shot, right?

BrightSpot, thanks for the compliments on the dress :) Your wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous, by the way! Your dress is amazing on you! You''ve probably said this already, but what flowers are in your bouquet? That''s my other obsession at the moment -- necklaces and flowers!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I like the becky! I think with the dress a single drop would actually be really nice. My lariat has the double drop and I like it, but looking at the becky makes me think a single drop would actually accent the V-back more. And unless you''re really crafty and/or have a lot of time, I would just buy a pre-made one instead of making it... one less thing to worry about!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliment on my wedding pics, ellaila. The flowers in my bouquet were white dendrobium orchids.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the tails that hang down the back on the Tory. How are you wearing your hair? But I like the 3rd one for how it looks with the front of the dress. BTW, love that dress!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock

Not sure exactly what I''ll be doing with my hair, but I''m envisioning it up with cute little flowery pearly hairpins (see photo below) :) And no veil. So the back of the necklace will definitely be on display!

I love the two drops in back, but I do wonder if it''ll be too much with this dress. The Becky description actually says the tail is detachable ... so I wonder if I''d be able to actually order JUST another tail to attach to the Becky so I could see if it looks better with one or two! Hmmm. Must contact jeweler!

Copy of PearlFlowerHP.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
cute dress! i like the becky.

btw you can check out creme-de-luxe.com too , they have similar stuff. not sure how comparable the prices are though.

if you can make these yourself or get your friend to help, you can save a TON of money, these necklaces probably cost about $20-30 in materials but it''s the labor time to make it that drives the price up.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your opinions! I went with the Becky but we modified it to be three crystals to one pearl -- I think too much pearl would overwhelm this dress. Also, we did the detachable second tail -- perfect!!

By the way, I totally recommend Steph at SpringDream! I e-mailed her at about 6:30 tonight, had a reply when I checked at 9:00, we went back and forth once, and she said that if I place the order tonight, she can make it and get it out with tomorrow''s orders! Wow, talk about service!!

OK, so dress and jewels are done ... now onto worrying about what to do with my hair! :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love either the single or double tail! I am so glad I looked at your pics...my favorite little black cocktail dress is a v in front and back and I always wear an updo with it but haven''t found the "right" jewelry...I am SO getting a lariat necklace with a tail in back to wear with it now!
9.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 11:10:38 PM
Author: monarch64
I love either the single or double tail! I am so glad I looked at your pics...my favorite little black cocktail dress is a v in front and back and I always wear an updo with it but haven''t found the ''right'' jewelry...I am SO getting a lariat necklace with a tail in back to wear with it now!
9.gif
monarch- Do it! Do it! When I got my lariat I didn''t have my gown at home yet, and so I tried it on with my fave "going out" top... Also a V in front and back... SO CUTE! I was dying to wear it out, but I''m forcing myself to save it for the Big Day! Not long now!

ell- Be on the lookout for my wedding pics in a couple of weeks!
9.gif
I''m going to make sure to get plenty of "back view" pics! I tried on the full get-up today & I actually like the necklace more than the dress. It totally completes the look. When I put on the dress I''m always like "meh"... but w/ the lariat and veil I feel like a bride. I think our dress was made for lariats!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Lizzie, I can''t wait to see the photos! Since the dress I tried on was obviously too big (sample was a 14; I ordered a 2) and I''m not geting my dress till early August, I''m dying to see some photos of real people in it! I must''ve looked at that Knot site of the Watters dresses a million times now, scrutinizing their jewelry and hair :)

I think the lariats are just gorgeous -- Lizzie, thanks for pointing me in that direction! They''re just so feminine and dainty yet still kind of substantial, especially with the tail(s).

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
So to update, I ordered my necklace on Friday night and it arrived today!! It''s SO pretty! Now if only I could try it on with the dress (happy sigh) :)

necklace (Small).JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your new necklace & earrings look great! So pretty & delicate--a perfect choice for your lovely dress!
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Flopkins and BrightSpot! I am so happy with them ... it''s so hard knowing that I have to wait months until I can wear the pretty li''l babies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results