shape
carat
color
clarity

lace veil or plain?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
With my dress...what do you think will work better? A lace veil or plain? If I go with plain I am thinking raw edge.

Also I am assuming I can't just bring my dress into a store and try on veils with it...would you recommend ordering returnable ones and trying on at home? My alterations shop has a bridal salon next door, perhaps I could try some on there? I suppose I could call and ask...

thedress_front2.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Can't hurt to call and ask to see whether you can try on veils. I think both options could be really pretty. If it's a long veil you're going for, I think I prefer lace.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I agree, both will look stunning on you and with that amazing dress you can't go wrong!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd take my dress... easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Love your dress on you hon. Go try on a few and see what you think. I had a lace dress and did a plain veil waltz length-- very similar to what you are wearing in the pic.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm, tough call. I am concerned that a lace veil with a lace dress will be too much. bring your dress and try on the veil- or ask the bridal shop next door if they can bring over a few veils for you to try on at the dress shop...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1314910640|3007709 said:
hmm, tough call. I am concerned that a lace veil with a lace dress will be too much. bring your dress and try on the veil- or ask the bridal shop next door if they can bring over a few veils for you to try on at the dress shop...

Agree - my first thought is that lace with lace can be tough, but it really depends. Definitely try some on!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think plain, or a little beading around the edge. I think lace will be too much going on!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Love your dress! :love: Personally I would pick a plain veil coz lace on lace might be a bit much.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I almost always choose plain over lace, and this is no exception. But I do like the corded edge rather than a raw edge.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I think plain as to not detract from the detail on the dress.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results