clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

mke_bride

Rough_Rock
And the makeup....

Wedding Practice 005.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
mke -you''re going to be a beautiful bride.

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if someone could provide me with some guidance. I am looking for a swatch of the oyster fanal dress to give to my groom so he can coordinate his suit but have been having a very difficult time finding a swatch that doesn''t cost a fortune. Does ayone know of where/how i can get a small small sample of the fabric? the salon i purchased the dress from says they can order a meter at $65 which is way more fabric than i need. Any thoughts or insights we be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

snowmnky0918

Rough_Rock
I''ve totally been stalking this site ever since I fell in love...with my dress that is.
I was a tad bit concerned that my dress was "so last year" but seeing all you lovely ladies just as excited as me has really gotten me back into the twitterpated love stage with my dress.
For the past month I''ve been using all the beautiful pictures I''ve seen of everyone in their dresses as my inspiration to get my behind in shape.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone else found that the top of the dress is a bit hard to fill out? I have had my dress fitted but since I''m not so well-endowed on the top I find that there is a bit of a "gap" between the girls. I don''t think it needs to be taken in since it is tight on the back. I''m wearing a "Nu-bra" (that sticky, chicken-cutlet type thing) but I was wondering if anyone else needed extra padding in there?

Twinkle Toes

Rough_Rock
Yes! I''m in the same boat. My seamstress is going to sew padding into my strapless bra--you can get A/B or B/C cups (depending on how much space you need to fill, haha) from JoAnn''s for less than $10 which can help fill out the dress. I''m going to be wearing a normal strapless bra since there is a place in the back of the dress to feed your bra through so it never shows. I didn''t know that until I got to my alterations!

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
I am also quite small up top. I will be sewing cups into the dress and going braless but may change this as I move toward the alteration process which doesn''t start until end of summer for me (wedding in Oct).

I am trying to work out wedding/flower colors that won''t clash with my dress. I was wondering what colors other brides with the oyster dress are going with.

thanks

elibk

Rough_Rock
@emarie: I am using Louise Kegley, who everyone on all the forums seems to absolutely love. If you google her you can get her info. She''s substantially cheaper than everyone else and really nice, too. I have my first fitting this Friday and can''t wait!!

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the bolero I had made for the dress.

200902-723335_0525_525.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
I had the back of the dress brought down into a "V" shape and the front was a sweetheart.

200902-723335_0270_525.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
I LOVED my shoes, they were my "something blue"

200902-723335_0588_270.jpg

TheFutureMrsH

Rough_Rock
My bustle was asymmetrical

200902-723335_0574_272.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Rough_Rock
TheFutureMrsH: I love the v-back you created with this dress! How far did you bring the back down? I asked my seamstress to create the v in back but she said she''d only be able to cut an inch or two down because of the way the dress was made, and I wasn''t sure if I''d get the effect I wanted. Yours looks great though!

RedC

Rough_Rock
I wore this dress at my wedding in April. I normally don't want to post my pictures anywhere (yes I am paranoid), but I thought I would share because:

1. I remember how often I was looking for pictures of my dress before my own wedding.
2. I think I have the best photographer on the planet. If any of you is getting married in NYC, you must check her out!! She does travel too. She's simply the best.

http://gulnarablog.com/2010/06/18/marienates-slideshow/

Click on the first picture to see the rest of the slide show :).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2010 1:12:50 PM
Author: RedC
I wore this dress at my wedding in April. I normally don''t want to post my pictures anywhere (yes I am paranoid), but I thought I would share because:

1. I remember how often I was looking for pictures of my dress before my own wedding.

2. I think I have the best photographer on the planet. If any of you is getting married in NYC, you must check her out!! She does travel too. She''s simply the best.

http://gulnarablog.com/2010/06/18/marienates-slideshow/

Click on the first picture to see the rest of the slide show :).

Hi and congratulations on your beautiful wedding!!
I love the dress you wore- you looked gorgeous in it and I love where you got married and had the reception. Just lovely. I also love the Leonard Cohen song you chose to accompany the slides. Perfect!

36.gif

sdfernan

Rough_Rock
I bought the La Sposa a few months ago and, as much as I''m trying to get myself excited about it, I just can''t help but wish I''d bought something with more beading or lace. As beautiful as the dress is, I''d just always imagined myself in something glitzy. I know people have very strong feelings about the simplicity of the Fanal, but has anyone actually tried to add something to the dress? I was considering having some beadwork commissioned on Etsy that could be applied to the dress. Has anyone done this, or have any suggestions for how it could be embellished?

Thanks!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 3:57:38 AM
Author: sdfernan
I bought the La Sposa a few months ago and, as much as I''m trying to get myself excited about it, I just can''t help but wish I''d bought something with more beading or lace. As beautiful as the dress is, I''d just always imagined myself in something glitzy. I know people have very strong feelings about the simplicity of the Fanal, but has anyone actually tried to add something to the dress? I was considering having some beadwork commissioned on Etsy that could be applied to the dress. Has anyone done this, or have any suggestions for how it could be embellished?

Thanks!
I personally would not have someone bead a dress after the fact. Have you considered doing a bolero to get some lace in there?

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 3:57:38 AM
Author: sdfernan

Thanks!
You may want to consider a beaded belt or something of that nature. I believe some of the pictures posted here show some beautiful options for a belt. best of luck! Regardless of what you choose, I am sure you will make the dress beautiful because you are the bride!

organicgal

Rough_Rock
Wow, I am so glad that I came across this thread (and read all 9 pages).

It is SO helpful to hear what everyone has to say about the wonderful Fanal!! I was already set on this dress but reading all of this has only made me love the dress even more!! When I first put it on my mom and sister were drooling and I was just, ehhh, I thought it was really pretty but thought I had already fallen in love with a dress where I live (Dallas (boo)) and thought maybe it was too plain. The sales lady grabbed this AMAZING belt, and that was it. I was in love. Not to mention that I completely realized that the beautiful fabric and the lines of the dress are truly an embellishment in themselves!! I am CRAZY about the belt I am getting for this dress, and love that it makes it more personalized and totally my own.

Once I figure out how to post pics I will put one up of me trying it on so I can hear what you all think of the belt! I am definitely going for the oyster! Love the color. The darkest the dress I liked in Dallas (Yvean by Aire Barcelona) came in was Ivory or Natural which was just way too white for me.

Thank you so much to everyone who has posted pics! You all look so so so beautiful!!! It's amazing how many body types and different shapes and heights this dress looks so great on! You have been a HUGE help!!

Oren

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, I ordered my wedding dress in Paris for 4 months before the wedding to see pictures of brides. I am delighted with this dress!

littleloulabelle

Rough_Rock
SO, I'm really worried. The bridal shop I went to quickly took my measurements and ordered the dress in a size 4 for me. I'm really worried that this is too small after reading about how the sizes run! I'm 5'3" and weigh 120 pounds. I'm honestly mainly worried about my hips. I think they might be too big! I might have to start dieting... Does anyone else have experience with a size 4???

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
littleloulabelle said:
SO, I'm really worried. The bridal shop I went to quickly took my measurements and ordered the dress in a size 4 for me. I'm really worried that this is too small after reading about how the sizes run! I'm 5'3" and weigh 120 pounds. I'm honestly mainly worried about my hips. I think they might be too big! I might have to start dieting... Does anyone else have experience with a size 4???

You should be okay based on your weight/size. But it really depends on where the weight lays on you. Size 4's are tricky because they can fit everywhere but one area, and if it's the wrong area, they need to order a size up and take it down.

Can you call the bridal shop and ask them to double check for you? HUGS! Seamstresses can do amazing things, and the dress style shouldn't be to difficult to let with the way the dress is designed, but I'd double check just in case!

Twinkle Toes

Rough_Rock
I think you'll probably be ok as well. I was also worried when the dress shop ordered me a 4, but in the end it fit perfectly and all I needed was a hem! I'm 5'9" and 125 lbs, but I was worried about the hips as well since I wear a 4 or 6 in pants. I think the hip measurement on the dress is 33 or 34 inches...I was close based on that but the dress worked out fine.

littleloulabelle

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'm feeling a little bit better and will see what happens! It probably wouldn't hurt to diet anyway, but we'll see how that goes!

sovicki

Rough_Rock
Re:

Jennybean,

where in california did you order the dress from? do you have a number or address? really appreciate your help

jennybean|1250176644|2144708 said:
Thank you for the advice, ladies!  Exciting that some of you are in Chicago! 

Blackbetty:  Ha ha - Weddings 826 is were I originally found the dress, but if I order it from California, it will be 50% of what the dress was at 826.  (I did think that place was great, but 50% off is 50% off :) )  Do you feel that they are expensive for alterations?  I went to Caroline DeVillo''s studio in Bucktown to try some dresses (I loved two, but I don''t know about more than the Fanal and they were more than triple the price of what I would pay for the Fanal, and only for the samples) and Caroline''s assistant said that it is outragous what the boutiques charge and her alterations would be $150-200.  Weddings 826 said their most simple alterations usually started at $350.

Your advice about the biggest part of your body makes sense.  Even if my waist shrinks, what would I do if my hips didn''t?  That would be a problem.  If you are ok with going in two sizes, then that makes me much less concerned about taking mine in.  I can only wait so long to get the dress and I don''t know how long it will take me to loss 15 lbs!

sovicki

Rough_Rock
Help, brides...

I decided to get this dress as my wedding get closer, I just don't feel like the previous dress is THE ONE. But now, I don't have time to order one, the wedding is in early February. Anyone knows where I can find La Sposa Fanal in Ivory size 2 or size 4 off the rack? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

utopia2004

Rough_Rock
I love this dress, heres me in it, hair is a mess, it will be blond by feb the 5th!

090120081515.jpg

090120081516.jpg

utopia2004

Rough_Rock
Echinda, thankyou!

I got this dress^ from preowned (preloved is the UK version)! $700, but noone would ever know it was second hand unless i told them. It was $1500 in the shop.

sovicki » theres several la sposa fanal dresses still for sale- on preowned. Is your wed beggining or end of feb? If you sent the money paypal ASAP- you should have enough time to get alterations still, just need to find a seamstress who isnt too busy!

sovicki

Rough_Rock
@Echidna and utopia2004, Thanks for the recommendation. I had tried the listings on those website there aren't many close to my size. I ended up buying it off the rack from a LA salon in size 4. I was so lucky they just got it like a day before I called.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results