shape
carat
color
clarity

La Sposa Fanal brides

wabride

Rough_Rock
the back. My consultant is holding the bustle to the side to show me how the designer "intended" for the bustle to be... she''s not holding it to be what the bustle would look like in the back but rather what the bustle looks like from the front if bustled this way...

FanalBack44.jpg

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
Hello Ladies,

I also just purchased the fanal in Oyster and am now patiently waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if anyone could help me; My future husband is getting a suit made and asked for a swatch of the material to match. I have not been able to find a swatch anywhere and was wondering if anyone had some of the left over material from their alterations? just a small small piece would be greatly appreciated (1" by 1"). Thank you so much.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This may be obvious, however, did you call the store and ask for a sample swatch? They usually don''t cost anything and every place I know of will send the swatch to you.

Anyway, the only other suggestion would be to check pre owned wedding dresses and email some of the brides that list the dress. I know that I didn''t save fabric from my alterations but its worth a shot. Also, posters can''t give out personal info here so I''m not sure how you would get a swatch from someone here even if they had one.

I do hope you find one!

hummingbirdbride

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice.

The store I purchased the dress from does not provide swatches. I can order a Metre of the material but at a pretty high price and it will arrive around the same time as my dress. My thoughts were I would explore other options first. As for sharing personal information, thank you for reminding me of this point. If someone has a small piece of material they can share we could always meet on another forum where we are allowed to share emails (if that is allowed and does not break the rules here - this is my first time on a forum so don''t know the etiquette).

take care.

mke_bride

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies -

I started following this post last year when I first got engaged and purchased my La Sposa Fanal. I am getting married in April and can''t wait to wear the dress. I am about to start my fittings and am anxious to put the dress on after all these months (I picked it up in September). I know I will love it just as much as the first time I put it on.

For those of you that haven''t purchase the dress yet I would suggest shopping around. I originally found the dress with my MIL in NC and was disappointed to find out that the dress I fell in love with was $1800 (double what I wanted to spend). I got back home to WI and started calling bridal shops to see what they were selling it for and was thrilled when I heard $800! I actually had to call a few times to make sure they weren''t mistaken.

As for accessories, I had decided to go with a single strand of pearls and a drop earring. The dress is so glamorous on it''s on I don''t want to ruin it. I think my favorite thing chosen so far are my shoes! I have attached them for you to see.

StephShoes.jpeg

wabride

Rough_Rock
Super cute shoes mke_bride! Those are going to look amazing!

I''m wondering if anyone got the "matching veil" the mantilla one that they show on the website with the dress? Apparently this is what they call the "matching veil"... anyways, if anyone purchased it (or is purchasing it) I would love to know. And of course, as always, I''m soliciting pictures of everyone else in their gowns but I''ll settle for pics of just the veils :)

Hope your holidays were wonderful!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I can''t believe this thread has so many views!!!

Wabride -- I originally had a mantilla. It was so awesome, but just didn''t feel right to me. I had been wanting one for so long, and when I bought this Spanish dress, it seemed perfect. I think there are pictures of me in a mantilla somewhere around here (search under my name). It looks really good with the style of dress. I bought a mantilla, but ended up changing my mind and selling it. I ended up choosing a plain cathedral length veil. Mantillas are pricier, and cathedral mantillas are even more pricey (my original one was $190 from Occansey Designs).

Don''t know if that helped, but if you are getting one, I''d love to see you in it with your dress!!!!

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! I discovered this thread a few months back when I was deciding whether or not to purchase the Fanal. My ivory Fanal arrived last week and now it''s all very real! We are getting married on May 29th which seems so soon!!

I must say that any doubts I had about the "simplicity" of the dress were put to rest after reading all your posts and seeing all the photos of other Fanal brides. The dress is absolutely stunning and so very flattering on each of you!! I always pictured myself in a fitted, lace dress with some sort of cap sleeve; definitely not strapless and satin. I was going for more detail, something out of the ordinary, something more vintage-looking. After discovering this dress, I realized that the detail of the Fanal is in the fit, the fabric and the lines. I don''t miss the lace or the sleeves with such a rich-looking/feeling satin and amazing fit!

Because my fiance is slightly shorter, I will need to have the dress hemmed. I was thinking I could use the extra satin as edging on a veil; maybe 1/4-1/2 inch satin trim around the entire veil. Has anyone else worn a satin-trimmed veil with their Fanal? If so, I would love to see photos!

Also, I''m curious what sorts of undergarments (strapless bra, etc.) you chose to wear with this dress. I could use a little extra lift, but I don''t want to be fidgeting with a strapless bra all day. I''m wondering if cups sewn into the dress would be enough, or if I should do a regular strapless bra, or a full compression slip...? Please let me know what has worked for all of you.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
mke-just wanted to say I love those shoes!!!!

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
When I first tried on the Fanal, my consultant showed me roughly how to created a "side-bustle". This was unlike any other bustle I''ve seen before (including pictures of bustles linked to this thread). She began by pulling the entire train to the left, then pulling the train up section by section to the left hip. The first "section" would be fastened up under the seam on the left hip, then the others would fasten below that in a straight, vertical line. It was not similar to a french bustle, for nothing was tucked/folded under. Sorry if it''s hard to picture what I''m describing. This bustle worked well with the lines of the dress. Does anyone know what this type of bustle may be called, or even better, does anyone have pictures of a Fanal side bustle? I purchased my Fanal through a different bridal shop to save a considerable amount of money. I will be finding my own seamstress and I''m worried the bustle will cause problems. Thanks!

mke_bride

Rough_Rock
wagswifetobe:

I am wearing a simple satin trim veil. It is a classic two tier, but really full. I start my fittings next week and will try to post photos.

As for undergarments - I am going without a bra. I am fairly large chested, so it is actually more comfortable for me to be without (and looks great when the dress is pulled tight). If I wasn''t going without, I would definitely have had something sewn in. There is so much structure to the dress that if you just add a little something I think you''ll be fine.

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
mke bride: Thanks! I''d love to see pictures of your veil if you are able to post them after your fitting. I haven''t decided if I''d like a one or two tier veil yet, but definitely leaning towards satin-trimmed. When in April is your wedding? I''m wondering how soon I should start my fittings for a May 29th wedding.

As for undergarments, I''d rather go without a bra because it''s much more comfortable. I may have enough chest to pull it off (small C) once the dress has been taken in and fits properly. You''re correct about the structure, I''m hoping I just need cups sewn in, if that. Are you keeping the slight sweetheart neckline of the dress or modifying it to a full sweetheart?

Your shoes are super cute! Did you have them dyed or purchase them in that color?

Stephy71710

Rough_Rock
When I first tried on the dress I tried on two satin edged veils that I love! One has two layers and the other has a wider satin edge and is one layered. I''m torn between the two and think the ribbon edge looks beautiful with this dress. I don''t have any pictures yet, but will post some when I finally make a decision : )

wabride

Rough_Rock
lanie - I know, can you believe how many views and replies?! This beautiful gown seems to be a very popular topic. Thank so much for your reply, I checked for the pics that you mentioned and did see the pictures of you with the mantilla veil and it did look amazing on you (but everything looked amazing on you!). I am thinking the drop veil mantilla style and cathedral length (I don''t know, I just love the look??) But, thank you for bringing the "weight" issue to my attention...I never thought of it being too heavy to wear... I guess there are things I need to think through more clearly :) I can handle the "weight" issue then I''m going to go with the cathedral length mantilla.... I''ll definitely post pictures when I decide... Thanks again for your reply!

wagswifetobe - I totally know what you are talking about regarding the bustle, my consultant did the same thing for me. I posted a picture of her holding the back of my dress like that (you can search my posts), but it''s kind of hard to tell from the picture. Also I''m going with out a bra because I''m largely endowed myself and I''m going for the deep sweetheart (I know many people don''t like this with this dress and say that we should keep it the way it was meant to be, but I''m sold on the deep sweetheart). Also I just wanted to say that I totally agree with you, the description of the dress you always pictured yourself in is EXACTLY what I pictured myself in, but I tried this dress on and when I was in the dressing room I was like "oh it''s nice, but it''s a little more simple than I was thinking" then I walked out and my dad started crying and my sister started crying and my mom was getting all teary and I was like "maybe it''s not as simple as I''m seeing"... haha! So after many more dresses I kept coming back to this one and after all is said and done I L.O.V.E. this dress! I''m adding a lace belt that is beaded to "splash" it up a little and to get a little of the lace I always wanted, but to be honest I would wear it the way it is and love it and not think it needs anything else....

Stephy71710 - please post pictures! can''t wait to see them! yay!

also, what color did you ladies order? The oyster or the ivory?

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
@Stephy71710: Thanks! I can''t wait to see photos of your choice! If I go with a satin-trimmed veil, I''m leaning toward a single tier with about 1/2" trim. I really like the look of the wider trim with this dress.

@wabride: I tried the Fanal on in front of a close friend who''s also a bridesmaid and she kept telling me how amazing it looked on me. It took me a little longer to get on board because I had my heart set on a different look. I had the same feeling, "well, it looks nice, but is it THE dress, is it too simple...where''s the detail?...etc." I had tried on over 140 dresses by the time I found the Fanal! I wanted something unique, figure-flattering and glamorous; this dress fits that bill more than any lace dress ever could! I''m sure I won''t regret my decision to go with this dress, as I''m loving it more and more every day and really looking forward to dressing it up with accessories! I did see the picture of your consultant showing the bustle option. I''m pretty certain this is the same one I was shown. Did she have most of the train "pinned up" on your left hip? Did you decide to go with this type of bustle? As for the neckline, I''m a fan of the deep sweetheart as well! My bridesmaid dresses are also satin with a deep sweetheart. The bust on the bridesmaid dresses mimics the bust of the Fanal in many ways.

I loved the dress in oyster but ordered it in ivory, which was a better compliment to my skin tone.

wabride

Rough_Rock
wagswifetobe - yes, that''s basically what she did but it was my right hip instead of my left hip, because the dress flares out a little on the left, when she pulled it up to my right hip, the front of it looks like both sides flare out. I''m posting another pic so you can see it (be mindful it is a picture through a mirror so the side that it is bustled to is the opposite side if you were actually looking at me and not through a mirror, so it looks in the picture like it is my left hip but it is really my right hip, does that make sense? :) sorry to be confusing ) This is how I''m doing my bustle because I LOVE how it looks from the front and I feel that it really goes with the "flow" of the dress as it wraps around your body. I think all the ways that the ladies have it bustled look amazing; you could not go wrong with this dress!! I just like it for myself. When is your wedding? I''m not having my first fitting until April but if that''s before your wedding I can definitely post pics from different angles so you can show your seamstress... but again, it is the right hip that she bustled it to on me (maybe if you showed the pictures to your seamstress she could just reverse it??? I don''t know...??).

I ordered Ivory as well! I''m happy to hear someone else ordering Ivory, I agree, Oyster was beautiful but Ivory looked better on my skin tone.

Can''t wait to see pictures of all you ladies in your Fanal!

wagswifetobe

Rough_Rock
wabride: Thanks! I would love to see another picture from the front. Don''t worry, you didn''t confuse me
19.gif
I''ve never really seen the dress pulled up on the right side, just the left. Any photos I could show my seamstress would be a huge help! My wedding is May 29th, so there should be enough time if you posted additional pictures then.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Another Fanal bride here! I absolutely LOVE this dress and did not want to take it off when I tried it on the first time (or the second
2.gif
) I ordered mine in ivory as well. Can''t wait for it to come in so I can start my fittings!

wabride

Rough_Rock
I know this is not a great picture, honestly she was showing us two or three different bustles but I was so excited about the dress that I honestly wasn''t paying that much attention, so we have a million picture of me in the dress from every angle possible (haha), but unfortunately we don''t have any great pictures of the bustle ideas....

wagswifetobe - I''ll definitely be posting pictures after my first fitting which isn''t until April 24th, so make sure you keep looking at this topic around that time :) If it comes in early then my fitting with be before the current date and I''ll definitely let you know!

Can''t wait to see everyone in their beautiful Fanals!

fanalbustelfrontIMG_0045.jpg

kkbrown7023

Rough_Rock
I am so glad I came across this site!! I just saw this dress last Sunday on Platinum Brides, and said "THAT IS MY DRESS!!!" I thought it was going to cost an arm and a leg, but the price is so reasonable for the quality look! Thank you to all who have posted pictures that just really sealed the deal for me :)

britterbear

Rough_Rock
I''m soon to be a Fanal bride too, and I cant wait. Ordering my dress in oyster next week. I''ve been reading this forum for 2 months and looking at everyone''s photos and advice and its really helped a lot. I was originally gonna order the dress in ivory because I was afraid the oyster would be too gold. But not I''m convinced that oyster will look stunning for an outdoor evening wedding in the French Quarter in New Orleans. And I really like the way Lainie did her bustle, it doesn''t take away from the shape/design of the dress, works wonderfully with the silhouette.

Everyone keep posting pics, advice, and ideas, I need them. I''m so overwhelmed with trying to finish my masters and trying to plan a wedding. It doesn''t help that I''m originally from New Orleans and getting married there, but my family are all in Washington, DC, I currently live in London, and my fiance is from Slovakia. Trying to plan an interracial, multicultural, multilingual, destination wedding from abroad sure isn''t easy!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
wow... i think the Fanal is a very popular, very beautiful and elegant gown.

i''m just curious... how much does this style run for?

chibride10

Rough_Rock
I have so, so many pictures of this dress now that I have my pro pics back :) I just love the style so much. Like one of the previous posters, I went with a statement-type necklace to add to the dress a bit more, but it''s gorgeous with a simple necklace too. I also had the back lowered into more of a v-shape. My veil is satin-trimmed. If you''re looking for a specific picture/angle, let me know and I''ll try to find it! I''m just going to post some of my favorites that show the dress nicely.

favoritecouplepic1010.JPG

chibride10

Rough_Rock
My shoes (I changed into eggplant satin flats later in the night):

favoriteshoes101009_2.jpg

chibride10

Rough_Rock
Close-up of hairstyle and necklace...that''s it for now! Again, let me know if you''re looking for other angles. I know this site helped me a lot when picking out this dress, and I was DYING to see more pictures!

DSC_5794.JPG

KCbride5711

Rough_Rock
I am going to try the Fanal on today for the 3rd time. The first time I just came across the dress at a store and loved it on but thought it was too plain but the fit was exactly what I wanted. I went back to the store and tried it on a 2nd time by myself so I could really form my own opinion of the dress and just loved it. I''m going back today with my bridesmaids and girlfriends. I will probably be ordering the dress today.

I came across this forum after the first time I tried the Fanal on and after reading it and seeing all the pictures it really got me more and more excited about the dress. Chibride and Lanie your photos of your wedding day are amazing!!!

If allowed I will try to take some pictures today and post!

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone - I''ve been following this site for a while now, and decided to share some pics of my own since this site has helped me so much, especially Lanie! I ordered this dress in November of 2008, thinking it was the "one." After months of not seeing it, and finding myself admiring other dresses, I was having doubts. I finally came across this site, and seeing everyone''s photos reassured me that I had made the right choice! I ordered the Fanal in ivory, and had the neckline changed to sweetheart. I kept it simple with no necklace, but dramatic dangling earrings. I went with a romantic, wavy updo, with a blush pink magnolia. Lanie''s pics of her long veil convinced me to do the same. I felt so beautiful wearing the dress in my October wedding, and got nothing but compliments. You''ll have no regrets choosing this dress! Here are some pics showing the dress inside, outside, the back with veil, the bustle, and my hair with earrings.

101009_0051.jpg

wedinblue

Rough_Rock
The back with cathedral veil.

101009_0085.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results