shape
carat
color
clarity

LA Brides - Anyone going to the Making Memories Gown Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

griffitk

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I stumbled upon this sale online when I heard a few brides talking about donating their gowns after their wedding. (http://www.makingmemories.org/calendar_of_events.html). They happen to be having a gown sale this Friday and Saturday in Anaheim. Is anyone going?

Is there anyone here who''s been to one of their sales before and can tell me if it''s worth the trip? Tips for finding a dress at the sale? Will there be volunteers helping you try on dresses? Are they as good a deal as they sound? Is it just one big mosh pit or are the dresses organized?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a great charity...I might look into donating mine. What the heck else will I do with it??

I would definitely go if I were in the market for a gown. You never know what you''ll find. Especially if you want to find something a little more unique. It sounds like they are in good condition based on the descirption on the website. Have fun if you go, and post something about it. I''m curious!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It sounds great. I''m willing to try anything to find an affordable dress. I think I''m going to go on Friday morning, and hopefully beat the rush.

griffitk

Rough_Rock
Selkie - I''m going to the sale on Saturday. Be sure to post how it goes on Friday. I can''t wait to hear if they have anything good! :) I''m really hoping to find my dress there. Someone on the knot posted that they mostly have sizes 10-14 and I''m hoping that''s not true as I''m a 2-4. I figure if the dresses are as good a deal as they say, it might be worth the alterations even if the dresses are too big.

Good luck at the sale! :)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hah, then we both might be out of luck, because I'm a 16-18! Well, it will be interesting to see what they have, anyway. I'll be sure to post the gory details. And I'll check out what they have in your size while I'm at it. I really hope they do have it organized by size!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Just got back from the sale. There were about 3 racks each (probably 40 dresses) of the 2-4''s, 3 racks of 16-20''s, slightly more 6-8''s, and the rest (another 8 racks or so) were 10-14''s. I think they said they had about 1500 dresses total. The selection was varied, I didn''t see a huge number of top of the line dresses, but then I wasn''t really looking for them. Most of the ones I saw ranged between $200-$500. There were only about 15 girls there at 10 when the doors opened but they expected the main rush later today and tomorrow.

I didn''t find anything for myself, although I tried on two nice dresses. One was a silk dupioni beaded empire dress that was very pretty, but a little too small. The other was a lovely Michaelangelo embroidered spaghetti strap princess line that almost fit, but I didn''t love it enough to pay $359.

They also have veils, tiaras, and apparently shoes and bras, but I didn''t check them out. The dressing area will probably be pretty chaotic when it gets busy, but there seemed to be plenty of volunteers willing to help.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Selkie--sounds interesting! Thanks for posting the info--sounds like I have a place to donate even more wedding stuff!

Unless someone on PS wants it?! Veil, tiara, slip, anyone?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It seems like a really great organization. I almost felt bad not buying anything, because I would have loved to have been able to give a bigger sum than the few dollars I put in their donations jar.

With all the past, present, and future brides on PS, it seems like there could be some way to set up a "wedding paraphrenalia" swap meet. Hmmm...maybe a LA area get-together dedicated to trading/swapping/selling?

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 9:45:56 PM
Author: Selkie
With all the past, present, and future brides on PS, it seems like there could be some way to set up a ''wedding paraphrenalia'' swap meet. Hmmm...maybe a LA area get-together dedicated to trading/swapping/selling?
Thats a great idea! And Ill have somewhere to donate my wedding **** magazines that are stacking up. I dont have the heart to recycle them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results