shape
carat
color
clarity

Kerbear560''s Wedding Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hi everybody! I figured it might be fun to have a place to post all of my wedding related stuff, so here it goes! This is our ceremony/reception site. It''s an old Tudor style mansion that has been converted into a hall:

AddisonOaks2.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the outdoor ceremony site (there''s an indoor option in case it rains...I''m keeping my fingers crossed that we won''t need it!):

OtdrCeremony.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my dress (I love it)! I had a different one in mind, and I was searching for it on eBay when I found my dress. It was brand new with tags in my size, and it didn''t have any bids. I decided to watch it. Days later, it still didn''t have any bids! I was a little nervous, because it wasn''t a dress I had tried on before, but I decided to go for it! I won the dress for about 1/9 the original price! After it arrived, I tried it on, and it fit perfectly (except for the hem) and it was gorgeous! I actually like it better than my original choice! Yay eBay!

Lazaro4123.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I won these Anne Klein ''Ellen'' slingbacks on eBay (also brand new!)! I plan on wearing them for the ceremony:

AnneKleinEllen.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I bought these adorable gold satin flats to wear during the reception (just in case my feet start to hurt). The color and floral embroidery match the sash on my dress!

Goldflats1.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
All of your stuff is sooo beautiful! I love your reception site and your dress! You''re so brave for buying that dress w/o ever trying it on. I would be so scared.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hair ideas (the first two pics are courtesy of knottie Jacque85, I''m not sure who the other two are):

haircollage1.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
This is the overall look that I''m going for (pic is from knottie bigsisofbride by Donna Edmonson). She wore the same dress as me, and I think that the gold sash paired with the brown bridesmaid dresses look so elegant together! I still need to decide on the dress style though.

LazaroandBrownBMs.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Flower girl dress (also from eBay...can you tell I love eBay, lol?) The picture totally doesn''t do it justice, it''s way cuter in person:

FGDress.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
That''s it for now (our wedding isn''t until September of next year, so I''ve got lots of time)! I''ll add to this thread as the planning continues!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks FABULOUS! Your gown-- what a serious bargain! And I love the gold and deep reds combo. Great job!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Look at all the pretty stuff!

One of my dear friends actually wore that same dress in her wedding, and I must say that it was lovely and elegant. It is a very flattering dress in general I think. And you can''t beat an elegant dress at 1/9 of the price! WOW! NWT and everything!

And the Venue lookes gorgeous!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
whoohoo to September brides...i''m a september 07 bride too. might I add...I love your dress. I too am an ebay fiend.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, all of it! Congrats on finding such wonderful deals. I loooove those shoes, they are so elegant. You could wear those with a nice pair of slacks after the wedding. I really like the look of the coffee/ivory colors, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 6:27:07 PM
Author: robbie3982
All of your stuff is sooo beautiful! I love your reception site and your dress! You''re so brave for buying that dress w/o ever trying it on. I would be so scared.

Thanks robbie! I was scared! But, I figured that if I ended up not liking it or if it didn''t fit, I could sell it (and most likely get all of my money back)! Still, I let out a big sigh of relief a. that it fit, and b. that I loved it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE Everything!!! Wow, what an awesome job you''ve done already!!! and that bustle? SWOON!!!! (Ok, so I never thought I''d swoon over a bustle... but that''s what being a bride is all about! That''s a DREAM of a bustle!!!)

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 9:03:02 PM
Author: Gypsy
Looks FABULOUS! Your gown-- what a serious bargain! And I love the gold and deep reds combo. Great job!

Thanks Gypsy! Actually the bridesmaid dresses will be dark brown, but their bouquets will have deep red and dusty pink in them (unless I decide to change my mind, lol). Besides looking nice with the brown, the walls in the ballroom are a rusty red color, and I want to incorporate it into the flowers/decor somehow. Here''s a pic that I photoshopped (not sure if this is the dress I''m going with...but just to give you an idea of what it looks like):

levkoffbouquet.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 11:17:21 PM
Author: Fancy605
Wow! Look at all the pretty stuff!

One of my dear friends actually wore that same dress in her wedding, and I must say that it was lovely and elegant. It is a very flattering dress in general I think. And you can''t beat an elegant dress at 1/9 of the price! WOW! NWT and everything!

And the Venue lookes gorgeous!

Thank you for the complement on my dress Fancy! Oooh! You''ve seen it in action! I''m glad to hear that you think it was elegant (that''s what I was going for...classic and elegant). I hope it''s classic...the sash is kinda trendy! I''d like to think of it as a modern twist!
2.gif
I know, I can''t believe what a deal I got on it!

Thank you for the complement on the venue too! I love it (the fact that it''s historic, there''s an outdoor ceremony site, the ballroom has floor to ceiling windows that overlook a lake, there''s a large deck off of the ballroom for guests to get some fresh air, and there are rooms upstairs for the bridal party to get ready)! Plus, the food is wonderful!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 11:37:59 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I LOVE YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
face23.gif
YAY! I''m so excited for you. You''re going to look stunning!

Thanks SanDiegoLady! I can only hope I look half as stunning as you did on your wedding day!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 12:22:47 AM
Author: budgetbride
whoohoo to September brides...i''m a september 07 bride too. might I add...I love your dress. I too am an ebay fiend.

Yay! Another September 2007 bride who also happens to be an eBay freak!
9.gif
Thanks for the complement on my dress!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 4:42:26 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I love it, all of it! Congrats on finding such wonderful deals. I loooove those shoes, they are so elegant. You could wear those with a nice pair of slacks after the wedding. I really like the look of the coffee/ivory colors, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and giving me some ideas.

Thanks kcoursolle! I love the shoes too! It''s really hard to find cute low-heeled shoes (my FI isn''t too much taller than me)!
2.gif
I just happened across them on eBay, and thought they were perfect! I got a great deal on them too- I got them for $7.05 plus $9.95 shipping (according to the eBay seller I got them from, retail price is $200)! And, you''re right; I can wear them after the wedding!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, everything looks sooo lovely- from the venue to the dresses. Can''t wait to see more!

great ebay finds! I''ve also scored some great deals on my shoes, garter, headpiece, bustier, and lots of other stuff.

Hurray for September- it''s a FABULOUS month to get married!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 5:43:20 PM
Author: sumbride
LOVE LOVE LOVE Everything!!! Wow, what an awesome job you''ve done already!!! and that bustle? SWOON!!!! (Ok, so I never thought I''d swoon over a bustle... but that''s what being a bride is all about! That''s a DREAM of a bustle!!!)

Hehehe sumbride! I love the bustle too! I just hope it will work with my dress, because the dress in the picture has a taffeta sash, and mine is silk satin (and heavy). I''m afraid it won''t end up looking the same. I won''t find out until I have my first fitting sometime next year! Until then, I''m keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 6:15:14 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Oh my, everything looks sooo lovely- from the venue to the dresses. Can''t wait to see more!

great ebay finds! I''ve also scored some great deals on my shoes, garter, headpiece, bustier, and lots of other stuff.

Hurray for September- it''s a FABULOUS month to get married!

Thanks so much for the complement ChargerGrrl!

Don''t you just love getting good deals on eBay!

Actually, we originally wanted to have the wedding in June, July or August, but when I called to make an appointment to look at the venue (which we HAD to have, lol) back in May, they let me know that they didn''t have ANY Saturday evening availability during any of those months...and none in May either! They did have some dates open in September, so I did some research on the weather (due to the outdoor ceremony). I actually made a chart of average high and low temperatures, and whether or not it rained on each of the available dates for the past 11 years, and compared (I''m such a dork, lol)! We picked Sept. 1st because the average high is 78 and the chance of rain (Based on my totally non-scientific data!) is only 18%! I''m kind of glad we ended up with the date we did! It''s usually pretty perfect weather-wise here at the beginning of the month!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks beautiful and elegant so far. The venue is stunning!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
THis all looks spectacular! I think it''s so cool that you''ve found so much on ebay! Way to go! That reception and ceremony site looks sooooo wonderful too! It''s very similar to the look that we want to go for.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to add that if you are using the catering company there at Addison Oaks, their food is PHENOMENAL. My aunt''s sister used them for her wedding at a different location, and Oak Management set up the most gorgeous fruit tables, salad tables, cheese tables, and entree tables that you can imagine. It was all exquisitely done and tasted great.

Where in Michigan are you located, if you live here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results