shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Married! First Pics are done!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
We made it!

I had so incredibly much fun over the weekend when my fi and I got married. It was a fantastic and magical day with so much good energy and so many good people. We dance Argentine tango (and I teach it) and this was the first big meld of family, dancing friends and non dancing friends alike. It was wonderful! Even the mess-ups were instantly funny. ALL the guys (and the moms too!) forgot about their bout-s/corsages until everyone was about to walk and last minute scrambling ensued. Then my trailing veil got stepped on right as I made it up to the front. (Luckily, as I tell everyone, I am a trained dancer and so I reacted so quickly everyone said it looked very graceful, but confusing.) :lol:

My "Man of Honor" was my roomie in college and has a photography degree, so he used my little point and shoot to take photos so I could be sure to have some pics right away. We didn't have an "offical" photographer, but several family members and friends have very very nice cameras and were also taking photos for us, and I thought to myself "Hey, these are tango people, we are not going to be short in any way on photos!" so we just decided to let it ride and see what candid photos turn up.

In retrospect, I do understand now why one might want a photo-journal from a pro so you can be sure you get nice photos of others at the wedding because I feel that is missing right now, hopefully some nice action shots of the dancing and of the general gathering will surface soon. Even so, I'm still not sure I'd do it any differently if I had it to do again.

Anyway, here are some of the pics from my point and shoot camera.

My floral arrangements made by my cousin's flower shop. I was so thrilled with these and couldn't have been more honored that they took all that time to make such an amazingly saturated color scheme for me. It was just what I imagined!

flowers_0.jpg

Mercury Hall, a lovely old church that was moved to the location a few years ago, whitewashed and so simply charming!

hall.jpg

Some post ceremony photos:

weddingflowerssml.jpg

wedding7colorsml.jpg

wedding6sml.jpg

wedding10bsml.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful!!! And congrats!!! Here's to a long and happy wonderful life for you guys!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL bride, Bastetcat!!! Congratulations on your wedding - may health and happiness always surround you!

Love the flowers - just a fantastic explosion of colour - amazing! and your veil---- AWESOME!!! Hopefully more pics coming....???? :bigsmile:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank y'all so much for the well wishes! I hope to have a few more pics soon. The downside of not having a pro photographer is we get photos whenever people think of it. ;-) I do know there are some nice ones of the dancing that a fellow dancer took. I just have to wait until I see her next.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures! Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, you look gorgeous!! Love the flowers, the colors are amazing - beautiful pics!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank y'all! Every time I think about it, I gt a little thrill at how the whole day went. Magical!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Stacy! I hope the theme for your upcoming wedding is going well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bride!! So glad you had a wonderful day!! Many congratulations on your marriage and all the best for a happy and healthy future!! :appl:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
More pictures have begun to roll in. So here are a few more, general photos, cake cutting and some of us dancing an unexpected first dance. It was the start of the milonga (the tango dance party) and we were just planning on warming up and everyone cleared the floor! The real first dance was scheduled for a little later at the cake cutting. So we got to do it twice! :lol:

I am trying to wait patiently for the ones from one of my dancing friends who is also a lovely amateur photographer. She has a knack for photographing dancers and it was such a big part of the day so I will add more again later.

Down the aisle:

walking.jpg

The vows:
exchange.jpg

Group shot:
party.jpg

Cake:
cake2.jpg

First Un-dance: 8-)

firstdance2.jpg
firstdance1.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! I love the decor, and your dress is stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results