shape
carat
color
clarity

June 30th..... Too soon?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
As some of you know, I lost my Dad in March and my sister in September. I also got engaged in May.....it's been one heck of a year. My fiancé has been an angel throughout our whole relationship and I love him deeply. We had discussed getting married Sept. 29th, 2012........ If you can believe this, his Father is not doing really all that well ( has diabetes and some Alzheimer's setting in) and when we said we were thinking of September 29th next year his Mom and sister voiced their concerns about his Dad and us waiting so long. I initially wanted at least a year to process this painful year and to create some space........however since we are now worried about his Dad and I want his Dad to be at his best for our wedding we are thinking of sooner, of June 30th...... I feel like its really soon but I am no longer comfortable waiting till September 29th and there is no way I can pull it all together sooner than June 30th, I feel it's a good compromise. We picked out our venue already, The Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach, Ca so that's done and they do a lot on site....we need to still do flowers, DJ, officiant, cake etc etc. the woman we are working with at Surf and Sand says I have plenty of time to take care of things but I must admit it feels soon, like tomorrow soon, lol. I feel a bit overwhelmed! Ok, just needed to share with you guys who can get what I am saying. Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are okay sweetie. We'll help you too. And it will get done perfectly. You've got your dress, and so the next step is a good photographer first since you have your venue. Then we'll book you flowers, officiant and cake.

What colors do you like and what are your budgets? And what kind of cakes do you like. We can get started on posting ideas and vendors for you. :wavey:

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Oh sweet Gypsy..... You are such a doll. Thank you. I am exhausted! I just got back a few hours ago from a wedding at the Four Seasons Hotel in Mexico City....starting tomorrow I will start to think of colors, flowers,etc, all the fun stuff. I think with a good nights sleep I will feel better. Mexico was lovely but I am glad to be home! I called the place where I purchased my dress and I can get any alterations done up till two months to the wedding so that's good to know. I also am not sure I want bridesmaids.....is that weird? Or maybe one or two....not sure. Again thank you Gypsy.... I feel better already :)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
You're going to be fine for June 30th -- I got married May 29th and did most of the things on your list after January 1. To some degree you just need to book vendors, but can come up with the specifics later. So, you hire a florist you like, but don't focus on the details of your bouquet and centerpieces for a few more months. You can do cake tastings (which are enjoyable for you and your FI!) and pick baker without necessarily pinning down the final design. I agree with Gypsy - photographer ASAP since they can only do one wedding at a time and get booked up (unlike a florist or a baker or a DJ company with several DJs).

Just breathe in, breathe out, and it'll get done. And if some little thing doesn't turn out perfectly, well, you got married and that's way more important. We all have to remember that in the best of times, and the year you've had has been anything but!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you have venue and catering then I think you can do it. like SB said, you just need to book vendors...and you need to be flexible. but you have plenty of options!

prioritize vendors that can only do 1 event per weekend such as

-photographer/videographer
-wedding planner
-DJ if you have a specific one in mind
-officiant

then all you need is
-florist
-cake
-any specialty rentals
-dress!!!!

also I think it is fine to not have bridesmaids...or only have one. you should have what you want!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Don't stress, that's a completely do-able time line.

I agree with above, just focus on booking all the important vendors to get them locked in first and then worry about colours and details and specifics- I started planning over a year in advance and that's all I've done, booked people in I really liked and am only now (3 1/2 months out) choosing the types of flowers fabric colours etc. It's really not that difficult, you will easily spend much more time fussing over little details than getting all the big important things sorted. Maybe don't count on having time for much DIY and if you can afford a wedding planner and can find one you really love I'd just go for it and save yourself the stress!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Sillyberry, sig47 and 4ever......I woke up feeling much better and thank you all for helping me prioritize.....I am going to start making some calls today :). Yay!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You can totally do this! I planned my wedding in a few days over 3 months (though it was only 35 people, including us, with a dinner-only reception).

You've gotten some great advice. I think the priorities have been established and we can help with the rest. I found PS to be a really valuable tool for wedding planning and I've used the advice here to help a lot of ther friends, too.

Once you sort out what you'd like let us know! I'll keep an eye out for your threads (I don't come in here often, but I'll make a point of it).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you are feeling better! ((HUGS))

Just post the vendors you are considering in a thread (for photography I meant) after you have checked that they are available for your date and then we'll give you our thoughts.

You have a plan of action, and us. Also use your venue for vendor recommendations (especially cakes, photography, and officiants).

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Ok Ladies so I got a few referrals from the Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach, Ca where we are having our ceremony and reception for some venue suggestions and for photographers they suggested Nicolecaldwell photography and she has packages that range from 3,000 to 5,000...... Does that price seem about right to you guys? I know South Orange County is not a cheap place so I am not sure.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Ladybug1|1325279971|3091767 said:
Ok Ladies so I got a few referrals from the Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach, Ca where we are having our ceremony and reception for some venue suggestions and for photographers they suggested Nicolecaldwell photography and she has packages that range from 3,000 to 5,000...... Does that price seem about right to you guys? I know South Orange County is not a cheap place so I am not sure.

yeah, that seems about right...what does it include?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so they offer 7 hours of wedding coverage, engagement session, online editing and proofing, 40 page album..... Seemed good.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladybug: I'm sorry I'm so late to this but my DH has been on vacation and I try to stay away from PS when he is home since we don't get a ton of free time together.

I also want to send HUGS for all the circumstances that have pushed you in the direction to have a June wedding. But I have no doubt you can have a beautiful wedding done before then fairly stress free :appl:

I got engaged at the end of July and married early December. We kept is small-18 guests and I DIDN'T have a wedding party. Not even a best man or bridesmaid and it was the BEST decision ever! I walked myself down the aisle and I didn't feel as if I was "missing" anything (I handed my mom the flowers since she was in the front row). I do want to add though I didn't have any parties with gf's or family (such as a shower or anything like that) since those are usually planned by the bridal party but I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

Our wedding still wasn't cheap (we are in the Toronto area and it's on part with Cali's prices) but we could still have the small wedding, talk to everyone, and all the "nicer" things without breaking the bank or not being able to spend time with all of our guests. We are doing something lower key and larger this summer-so that's always an option if you want to do something small and low key now-and then do something at a park or in someones backyard later on so you can have more guests attend.

I used www.etsy.com to find the person who made all my paper products (I did a wish tree instead of a guest book, she did all the thank you cards and invitations, reserved signs, etc). I also had my flowers made out of porcelain (best decision ever! They were a HUGE hit and I still love to look at them). She did my hair piece, bouts, corsages, etc. and if you want a photo of mine (it's actually her favorite and she hasn't published it) just let me know and I'll post one for you from the wedding plus she was great to work with.
(And it's on par for real flowers and look real to). I just don't want to thread jack your thread but if you want to see them I'm more than happy to share :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/parsi

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It goes by fast and you'll be looking at the beautiful pictures and wondering how on earth it's over already before you know it. ::)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Ladybug1|1325348412|3092274 said:
Ok, so they offer 7 hours of wedding coverage, engagement session, online editing and proofing, 40 page album..... Seemed good.

7 hours should suffice since you are doing ceremony and reception at the same place. Though you might miss out on some of the reception since it will be more than 7 hours between getting ready, ceremony, portraits, and the reception (if you want the whole thing covered). We used a lot more time than that but we had a Catholic ceremony with a large gap between the end of that and the start of the reception (something like 2.5 hrs).

Does that $3,000-5,000 include your rights to the files so you can print what you want?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Vintagelover229.... I would love to see photos!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, it's nice to know you can get it all done in a short amount of time!!! Clairitek... I do believe I get to keep the files.... I will make sure though, thanks!!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one flower shot and I'll see if I can find one with my hair piece.

I haven't decided if I'm going to create a wedding thread yet-my DH doesn't care much for posting his face on FB let alone PS! But perhaps I will and blurr them out so I can share my small winter wedding so that way people who are doing smaller and shorter engagements can see that you can still have a beautiful day-even when you plan it in a shorter amount of time :)

PEO_6457-2.jpg

PEO_6550.jpg

PEO_6351.jpg

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love it.... So pretty and so unique! Plus I love that you have it forever! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results