shape
carat
color
clarity

jff - perfume :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So I was thinking for a special treat finding a perfume I really like to wear on the day of the wedding. I''m sending away for some free samples and I''m gonna try one each day and see which one fi and i like the best (afterall, he has to smell me too haha)

have any of you bought a fun or nice perfume for your day? which are your favorites?

There''s one I really like called sugar. They always had it on display when I worked at jc pennys so I would sneak down to the perfume counter before my shift began and spray a little on teehee, I''m horrible :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Right now I''m loving Versace perfume!!
If you like floral scents - it''s amazing

Versacepjff.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ooh, i love floral scents, i have added it to my list :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay - let me know what you think!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
No idea what category it falls into, but J''Adore Dior is my personal favorite. It lasts all day and smells beautiful. A random one I received as a gift that I get lots of compliments on is French Connection for Her.

Many of my girlfriends in college wore Armani Sensi, and I always liked that smell. Another one I love but don''t personally wear is Michael Kors Perfume--that is described as a "sensuous floral," so maybe you will like it!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:47:41 AM
Author: kittybean
No idea what category it falls into, but J''Adore Dior is my personal favorite. It lasts all day and smells beautiful. A random one I received as a gift that I get lots of compliments on is French Connection for Her.

Many of my girlfriends in college wore Armani Sensi, and I always liked that smell. Another one I love but don''t personally wear is Michael Kors Perfume--that is described as a ''sensuous floral,'' so maybe you will like it!
Kittybean - I loovve Michael Kors - the original one! It''s not a scent that I would usually be drawn to but I find it intoxicating! It smells sooo good! J''Adore is beautiful as well!!

Some more Smurfy if you like florals ...
-An oldy but one of my favorites - Paris by Yves Saint Laurent
- Insolence by Guerlain
- Tender Touch - Burberry

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try this thread ladies as it has lots of PSer fave scents in it!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/favourite-or-signature-fragrances-2008.89022/

Smurfy, if you have a Chanel boutique in your area, try out Chanel No 22, it is beautiful and very suitable for a bride, it has a cult following of many adoring fans ( including myself...)
31.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I found this article on wedding perfumes the other day when I was looking up perfume reviews: http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2006/7/17/2132574.html

I wear Issey Miyake which is a nice light floral scent. I love it! I was trying Vera Wang''s ''Bouquet'' the other day which is what made me look up perfume reviews. It''s a really nice scent but not super long lasting per se.

I wish I''d made it to the Perfume House in Portland while I was there over xmas but no time!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
oh smurfy great topic, me and my FI are tossing up between wearing DKNY delicious or red delious his and her. I love the smell, its so fruity and yummy smelling.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

DNKY parfum.JPG

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Choose carefully, it should be one that always will be special to you, and bring a smile to your face whenever you wear it, or smell it. I wore Ralph Lauren Romance.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
Right now I'm in love with the new ed hardy perfume and alien by thierry mugler..... oh do they smell good

But for the wedding. It's a toss up between we hardy which my FI picked out for me or love spell by Victorias secret because that's the perfume I wore all the time when we first started dating

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If you love florals you may like these :), I am a floral, fruity girl myself :D.

Dolce Vita, J''Adore, Pleasures, Pleasures Exotic (my all time fave), Flowerbomb (very nice a friend of mine wore it for her wedding).

J''Adore and Pleasures Exotic are my 2 all time faves they wear well and they smell stunning for your big day if you want your scent to last the extra mile I would recommend layering your perfume as each layer will difuse at different stages.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to those who''ve suggested Michael Kors - it is intoxicating!

Some of my other current favorites are Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue and Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (these are both very body chemistry sensitive perfumes - luckily they work for me and smell wonderful). Is the one called "Sugar" you like by Fresh? I go through phases where I buy Fresh''s Lemon Sugar, a great light citrusy summer fragrance but it definitely isn''t for everyone. The original Fresh Sugar also nice.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I wore Juicy Couture for my wedding and loved it!!!!

However, I now love and adore Viva La Juicy....and its now my "everyday" purfume.

I also have a thing for Fresh: Hesperidies (the first time I smelt in at the Forum Shoppes in Vegas, I literally was like "this smells like my childhood" my Dh bought me the whole collection)...really, anything Fresh smells amazing.

And, I like to mix my own too...Lime, White Orchid, Vanilla, and Sugar.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I wore Dolce and Gabbana - Light Blue - I looooove the fresh, clean scent!

Hubby Wore D&G Light Blue for men on our wedding day.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's an annual perfume thread in either shopping or hangout, can't remember which. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and will link it.

My favorite scents are The Scent of Peace (Bond no. 9) and Tuberosa Agave (Voluspa). However, I actually didn't wear perfume for the wedding. I don't usually wear it and my husband says he prefers my "natural scent," whatever that means
3.gif
haha

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:16:02 AM
Author: violet02
I wear Issey Miyake which is a nice light floral scent. I love it!
Vi- I used to wear that one! Freshman year of college. I had to find something else because there were too many ex-memories associated with it
3.gif
(I must have a big olfactory response associated with memory!) I love it though. It''s a beautiful scent.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
DKNY Be Delicious (the original green one). It has been my favorite for years and I know I will be wearing it on my wedding day. Smells just like fresh apples. mmmmmm

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
so many awesome suggestions! i want to try them all haha. I''ve been wearing Vera Wang''s Princess Perfume (my dad gave it to me for valentine''s day last year :) It smells really good and comes in a cute heart shaped bottle with a little crown on top, my dad knows me too well haha I also really like J-Lo''s original perfume (also given to me by my dad haha, I guess he has good taste, he picked this one because my nickname is J-Ro)

I love lovespell a lot but I don''t wear it much anymore because I wore it allllll the time in high school and just kind of got bored with it, same with tommy girl. I wear those whenever I feel like reminiscing. I think I may have to take a little field trip over to Ulta soon here and see if I can get some sample vials to try. I really want to try Chanel no 22 but I don''t know if they carry it, I hope so!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
when I buy a new scent, I buy the perfume, shower gel and body lotion. ones that I have are D&B Blue and Chanel No 5. I started wearing Dior Addict Shine which is divine but has no shower gel and the body lotion is shimmery and I don''t want glittery stuff on my wedding day. I think I might go for my other favorite Ralph Lauren Romance.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
"Scent of Peace" and "Chinatown" by Bond no9. I wore "Fancy" by Jessica Simpson on my wedding day though because it''s DH''s favorite.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:04:39 PM
Author: misspinky
I
30.gif
''Scent of Peace'' and ''Chinatown'' by Bond no9. I wore ''Fancy'' by Jessica Simpson on my wedding day though because it''s DH''s favorite.

ooh i have a sample of fancy in the mail on its way to me :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 10:10:28 AM
Author: Cleopatra
I wore Dolce and Gabbana - Light Blue - I looooove the fresh, clean scent!

Hubby Wore D&G Light Blue for men on our wedding day.

Ooooh!!! I bought DF D&G light blue for our engagement and he wears it daily now. It drives me crazy and I try to jump him everytime he wears it
11.gif
hmmmmmmmm, which is probably why he has taken to wearing it everyday the cheeky boy
9.gif
I love getting into our car after he has been driving it, I can smell his lovely smell all the way to work.

Scent has an amazing power, whatever you wear, you will remember your wedding day everytime you smell it. I used to get stressed in exams, so I would dab a little of DF''s aftershave on my wrists and when I felt overwhelmed I would smell it. It really worked wonders for calming me down.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy be sure to let us know which ones you tried and what you think you like the best for you!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This is fun! What a big decision...
31.gif

I think I'll wear either Kai or Child perfume. It reminds us of Hawaii, where we got engaged -- twice! (Long story!)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:27:21 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Smurfy be sure to let us know which ones you tried and what you think you like the best for you!

You know I will! I hope I get a sample in the mail tomorrow!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:42:26 AM
Author: emilina22
Right now I''m in love with the new ed hardy perfume and alien by thierry mugler..... oh do they smell good

But for the wedding. It''s a toss up between we hardy which my FI picked out for me or love spell by Victorias secret because that''s the perfume I wore all the time when we first started dating
I''m wearing Love Spell... years ago, FI was in a convenient store, and a woman was wearing it. He actually asked her what she was wearing so he could buy it for me. He loves it. I''m secretly not wearing it on purpose so it will be a surprise on the big day!

Anyone who likes sweet smells... I picked up a perfume called "Sex in the City: Lust" over the holidays. I wear it to work all the time, and a lot of people have asked me what I''m wearing, and where they can get it. Funny, it was only $20, too!

D & G Light Blue is also one of my faves, for dressier affairs.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
It''s pretty expensive, but Chelsea Flowers from the Bond NY collection is beautiful. I think you can buy a 7 ml bottle for around $40, which I know is expensive, but this stuff is great and lasts a long time. A little goes a long way. I work in an upscale shopping plaza, and sometimes I sneak into the expensive cosmetics store and put a little before work.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Another fan of Issey Miyake here. But that''s my everyday perfume so I need to find something else for the wedding. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! So many to try...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results