shape
carat
color
clarity

invites-sticky situation

slg47

Ideal_Rock
So I sent out 1/2 of our invites on Wednesday and am sending out the rest on Friday. The issue is that there was an error on one of the addresses, so I can't send it out until next week (our calligrapher is out of town). Unfortunately this is one of the addresses in a town where several people are invited. I know I should have waited to send them but I am going out of town next week and I will be very busy when I get back so it would be a pain for me to go to the post office, and my FI can't go to the post office because he would have to miss work.

Anyway, should I tell the one person that their invitation is arriving later? Should I tell FI's mom incase they ask (it is one of their guests). Or should I just not say anything? They did receive a save-the-date so they know they are invited.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't say anything.

IF this person has the poor manners and the cojones to dare ask, simply say you mailed them all on xx day and hopefully they get it by the weekend but if not make sure to let me know so I can mail another.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh no-I don't think they would say anything! I just don't want them to feel left out.

atp223

Shiny_Rock
I totally get your concern, but I will share this experience: I recently ish mailed "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards to my BMs. I live 1.5 miles outside of DC. Most girls got them in 2-3 days. My cousin, who lives in DC, got hers about two weeks later. My sister, in Ohio, and not the farthest geographically, got it a solid 3 weeks later. No rhyme or reason. So even if you HAD sent them on the same day and it is not going far that is apparently not a guarantee people will still get them at the same time (or in a timely fashion whatsoever). Clearly I am still having some anger issues with the USPS. But anyway, bc of the chance of inconsistency anyway, I wouldn't worry. Esp since you sent a std!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
atp223|1332473862|3154867 said:
I totally get your concern, but I will share this experience: I recently ish mailed "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards to my BMs. I live 1.5 miles outside of DC. Most girls got them in 2-3 days. My cousin, who lives in DC, got hers about two weeks later. My sister, in Ohio, and not the farthest geographically, got it a solid 3 weeks later. No rhyme or reason. So even if you HAD sent them on the same day and it is not going far that is apparently not a guarantee people will still get them at the same time (or in a timely fashion whatsoever). Clearly I am still having some anger issues with the USPS. But anyway, bc of the chance of inconsistency anyway, I wouldn't worry. Esp since you sent a std!

OH wow, ok, that is interesting. They are going across the country so I suppose it is totally plausible that one might get there a bit later! I am really surprised that there was so much variation in your bridesmaid cards! I guess I am glad we sent the invitations well in advance (reply cards are requested back by May 1st)

atp223

Shiny_Rock
I don't mail stuff that often, so I don't know if my experience was normal or not, but 2/7 is kind of a high failure rate! But they did make it eventually - so don't worry about that - but also don't worry about sending them at diff times! On a separate note, where did you get your invites from? I have no idea where to even start looking! The options are overwhelming!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results