shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Question

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
BF recently received an invitation to a co-worker's wedding. The RSVP card simply says "Please respond on or before September 1, 2010" Then below that there is a capital "M" (I'm assuming to write either Mr. Ms., etc.) and a blank line. Below that it says "Number of attending" and another blank line.

Now my question is, does this mean that BF is allowed to bring me as a date? It doesn't say anything about "guest" or a date. I would hate to assume that I could go as BF's date, if she had only budgeted for BF to go.

Thanks for your help!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Who was the envelope addressed to? I would assume if it was just addressed to him, then they are not expecting him to being a guest.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
getting excited said:
Who was the envelope addressed to? I would assume if it was just addressed to him, then they are not expecting him to being a guest.

Ditto. Unless the invite says "and guest" or your name, I would doubt you were invited. You could always have your BF ask, but I would make sure he says something like "I totally understand if you are trying to keep things small and MayFlower's isn't invited, but I just wanted to double check that's the case before I RSVP." That way the coworker isn't put in an uncomfortable place of feeling like they have to add you when they might have intended not to.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help! The invitation was addressed only to him, but BF did decide to ask her anyways.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results