shape
carat
color
clarity

invitation etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
In terms of etiquette in invitations.

In a basic invitation, what is needed:

Actual Invite
Invite Card
RSVP card
RSVP envelope with postage

Is another envelope needed to protect the invite?

This is the invite I had in mind:

poeny.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on how formal you are going. With very formal weddings, an inner envelope is pretty standard. if you are going less formal to middle of the road, it isn''t absolutely necessary.- just makes the whole package look smoother.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
A traditional invitation will have:

Outer envelope
Inner envelope - contains actual invitation
Invitation
Reception Card - if your reception is somewhere other than where the ceremony is
RSVP card
RSVP envelope - with postage
Other info: hotels, directions, maps... NOTHING about your registry though

That said...
- you dont have to have an inner envelope... all guests names will just have to be on the one (Ms. Sally Jones and Guest vs. Ms. Sally Jones {outer} Ms. Sally Jones and Guest {inner}). The need to protect the wording isnt nessessary these days, unless you are printing them yourself and using a laser printer (sometimes they rub off).
- you dont have to have reception cards... just make sure there is something at the bottom of the invite like "reception to follow at The Ritz-Carlton, DC" and then provide directions on another piece of paper.

Hope this answered your question.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
synth19--I love your invitation. Do you mind sharing where you found it?

synth19

Rough_Rock
^ no problem, the website where I found that invite is found here:

http://www.cloudninecreative.com/

They have quite a few contemporary yet classy invites!

synth19

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, instead of adding multiple inserts with hotel info/directions/etc, I thought of just having an additional card (business card size) with a link to our wedding website. (I'm going to register a domain for our wedding and design a site as well). The wedding website will have maps, directions to the wedding, pictures, etc. Most of our guests are internet savy, so I can see this being very functional. Here is an idea of what I was thinking of adding to the invite;

sup2.jpg

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Synth,

I did a similar thing with our save the dates. I added a magnet insert to the package that had our monogram, date and website address on it. If we add anyone to the guest list that didn''t receive a save the date, I made extra magnets to stick in their invitations. An engraved or heaven forbid, letterpressed, insert would get really expensive!

I think it''s a great idea (obviously...).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results