shape
carat
color
clarity

Innocuous Title

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate my boss.

I really really hate the woman.

There I''ve said it.

I will give details later.

I NEED to get away from her. Badly.

I really really really really really really HATE HATE HATE my boss.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am so sorry. Vent away here as much as you want too, sending you a hug!
emrose.gif
Is there any reason in particular, or is she just completely dreadful?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Completely dreadful.

Threatened my job this morning-- I stayed home with a horrible migrane yesterday. Complete b*tch. Hypocrite. It''s like working for Cybil she has so many personalites. I have to kiss her butt and pretend to be her friend, go out to lunch with her once a week, pet sit for her, listen to her problems, be her therapist else I''d lose my job. Her boss is afraid of her. I had to ask our VP to stop complimenting me when I do something well, because she gets jealous, threatened and makes my life hell for days. No ONE can stand her. I mean it. Our E-VP actually stopped me one day to PURPOSELY tell me to NEVER emulate her example. And she gets on me when I don''t follow her example of being a complete tactless rude, abrupt, PITA, b*tch.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Poor Gypsy. Your job has not been good to you. Vent away. I will put in a word for you with the great-new-job-that-doesnt-make-me-want-to-cry-or-hurt-people-daily gods if I manage to track them down. They are elusive.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would appreciate it honey, I just got a lead for a few sites to register on for a different job. I have some job security as the VP really appreciates me and considers me a huge asset-- I told him today about her threat, and he told me that if she puts my name of the layoff list he''ll cross it off. He thinks I''m great and has told me so. But it drives her crazy because she thinks he wants to replace her with me, and so she''s just plain flat out evil, hurtful and abusive to me. I''ve talked to my VP, to HR. I''m in a put up and shut up situation though.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 2:56:55 PM
Author: Gypsy
Completely dreadful.

Threatened my job this morning-- I stayed home with a horrible migrane yesterday. Complete b*tch. Hypocrite. It''s like working for Cybil she has so many personalites. I have to kiss her butt and pretend to be her friend, go out to lunch with her once a week, pet sit for her, listen to her problems, be her therapist else I''d lose my job. Her boss is afraid of her. I had to ask our VP to stop complimenting me when I do something well, because she gets jealous, threatened and makes my life hell for days. No ONE can stand her. I mean it. Our E-VP actually stopped me one day to PURPOSELY tell me to NEVER emulate her example. And she gets on me when I don''t follow her example of being a complete tactless rude, abrupt, PITA, b*tch.
Is that all?
11.gif
Surely, you can think of more reasons to hate her guts.
20.gif

Vent away!!!
29.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 3:03:05 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 4/4/2008 2:56:55 PM
Author: Gypsy
Completely dreadful.

Is that all?
11.gif
Surely, you can think of more reasons to hate her guts.
20.gif

Vent away!!!
29.gif

LOL. Yeah. I really am feeling it today too. God, she''s just a horrid person. I can''t even explain. She''s demonic.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Gypsy. I''m so sorry you have to put up with such misery at work. It''s just not fair.

You''re in CA, right? It''d probably be terribly difficult for the company to terminate her, right? I mean, without seeing a lawsuit in return. Is that why they don''t get rid of her? It sounds like they want to and SHOULD!

At least it''s Friday, right?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh L...I will be sending you my strongest positive thoughts, many love you here, and we are glad to support you in any way we can.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, so sorry you have to deal with this. Hugs and support!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... Gypsy what a crappy situation! I'm sorry you have to deal with this. At my last job the owners didn't even run the company they let their ignorant, redneck, nasty jealous bookkeeper do everything and she made my life miserable... Hence the reason I am not there anymore! Hopefully the VP can keep it together for you and who knows, maybe the more frustrated she gets, she'll quit. Hang in there if you can, but if you can't then run to greener grass!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sucks Gypsy, sorry to hear you work for Cybil! I have had a few bosses like that, so I can relate...it just sucks. It is nice that your VP appreciates your work, but, he does not have to work for her!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re having such a hard time at work. I''ve been in a similar situation before and it''s no fun.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Gypsy, I''m so sorry! TGIF, right? Vent away - we''re here for you!!

I have all sorts of evil schemes brewing in my head for how to get rid of her, but I don''t think any of them are legal....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...passes extra strong Martini to Gypsy...

...also a plate of chocolates...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you my friends. It''s just been a difficult day. She''s in a particularly vicious mood and mean as a wounded bear with it. I can''t wait till either one of us leave today. Don''t care which happens first, but it has to happen.

It''s been only 18 months I''ve been working for her, and I''m already just flat out tired of it.

Your support, martinis, wishes, chocolate and sympathy are VERY appreciated. Very much so. It helps to have someplace to vent. I need a new job. Soon.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I feel for ya Gypsy. I had a dreadful, lying, control freak, mean, rude, petty, psychotic, unprofessional, hypocritical, Cybil-esque boss once.

When I complained and asked for a transfer, they brought me into a meeting with her higher up and she straight up lied... I was beyond furious then and demanded a transfer. I took it to the next higher up who told me, "Be patient. She''s digging her own grave." I got the transfer (and EVERY.ONE else on that unit had also requested a transfer).

I hope it all works out for you... whether she gets put in line or you find a job you''re much happier at.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an absolute cow!! Sorry to hear about your evil boss Gypsy!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, you''re having your wedding at a winery, right? Maybe this would be a good day to taste-test a bottle of each of their vintages?
31.gif
All in the name of planning, of course...

Seriously, though, I''m really sorry you have such an evil boss. My best friend has dealt with her share of them, and it''s so hard because even though she knew they were truly awful, miserable people and she shouldn''t let them get under her skin, it''s not so easy to avoid being emotionally bruised. I hope you can stay as distant as possible, and that something good will happen soon (like, she''ll crawl back under her rock and leave you alone).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She left. Not without her parting shot of course.

I''m leaving now. This week is over. Too bad there''s another just coming up. On the plus side.... okay. I don''t have a plus side today. I''m admittedly depressed, and this job, boss situation is adding to it and making it worse. It''s so hard to get out of bed in the morning. I used to look forward to my job. And I still like my actual job. Just hate her. Just the thought of her makes me get under the covers and try to block out the world.

Bee... thank you honey, but there''s no reason to insulting our bovine friends that way.
2.gif

Thank you all. Just depressed, and upset and well... down. Really down.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Gypsy...how awful to face that every workday. I am so sorry.

I worked for a small company that had a wonderful Office Manager, K, and just a few employees. The Owner of the company, W, was another story altogether and felt that she must physically be at the office every single day which just kept everyone on edge. I thought she was just awful, cold and hateful. W really got to me one day and I met with K , basically to vent, and to say that I honestly felt if I was as mean as W that God wouldn''t allow me to go on living. I don''t think K realized the harsh feelings I had for the W until I said that and she was really taken aback. It was so good to leave that job once and for all.

With your description I must say you may be in an even worse position ...Hugs to You
emhug2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, I just hurt for you reading this
39.gif
And I want to go kick that woman''s sorry you-know-what
38.gif
29.gif
How dare someone make such a lovely and smart lady as yourself so miserable
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I really hope you can get some rest and some relaxing time this weekend - tell John to fetch you a drink and draw you a nice hot bath and otherwise spoil you rotten
2.gif

And I''ll add my thoughts to the trying to find a better job as soon as humanly possible movement
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, TGIF! Please make sure you leave all the work stuff behind and do whatever you need to do to enjoy the weekend.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come visit me Gypsy!!!!!! I''ll make you cupcakes!!!!!And Margaritas!!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
((((((((((((((((( Gypsy)))))))))))))<--------------biga*se hugs

I feel ya. Your job is stressful enough without a supportive boss. It totally sucks when one has to put up with that crapola. I am in the same situation, but I don''t have to pet sit or be a therapist. (Although I did have to go talk to one after I quit and was talked into staying before she was put in charge of me). In fact, my boss would rather I just vaporize into thin air, she wishes she didn''t have to talk to me at all. Today at the end of the day, one of my assistants and I almost went into anaphylactic shock because my new boss * choke* actually acknowledged and *choke again* Thanked me, in an email for sending her my monthly report. I almost hit the floor.

She usually just ignores me, waits for me to do the tiniest irrelevant slight, and then pounces on me. Takes everything personally. It''s eerie. And I am a very assertive woman. But in the last two days we have lost two great people. One "laid off", the other gave notice. Hence, I think the new powers that be are getting a bit nervous. We have a company wide meeting at headquarters next week...I have to be at the airport at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow
7.gif
They know I get to hang out with the former President who was promoted, so I think they are all being nice to me today so I won''t toss anyone under the bus.

Office politics suck popsicles. My office was like an episode of Survivor after or Prez was promoted. The fall out has been brutal. I swear that when these people take their clothes off at night, the only thing visable on their chest is a gigantic "EGO".

Now, I am a very, very tolerant person, but this women hates me. Hates my politics, hates my talents, hates my personality, hates that she can''t fire me. Some people just should not be put in a position of power.
29.gif

I am uploading you some chocolate of choice, whatever distilled alcohol beverage soothes you, tiffany jewelry and whatever else will make your days in the office better. Vent away chicka.
31.gif

It''s clear that you are a bright, witty, smart and no doubt talented person. That threatens those who aren''t.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
p.s. I don''t know if this would help, but when I''m dealing with a really rotten person, I always remind myself how miserable their life must be for them to act like that.

You are a lovely lady with smarts, looks, sweetness, and a soon-to-be husband who loves you very much. She can do everything in her power to make you miserable, but she can''t destroy the lovely human being that you are and she can''t take away the blessings that you have in your life that you so richly deserve. And she will never have any of that because her horrible-ness and negativity will drive it all away.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, so sorry to hear this. Your boss sucks, and I am perfectly willing to have you fly me out there so i can throttle her for ya.
9.gif
Seriously, though...have you ever thought of going into business for yourself? You have such a dynamic personality and I think strong leadership qualities, you would make a perfect business owner and boss yourself...I think you could rule the roost as well as demonstrate the necessary empathy and patience it takes to be captain of your own ship. Just something to think about, I''m sure you already have. (just Monnie giving her usual two cents, which translates to really no cents due to inflation.)
2.gif
35.gif
Things will get better soon...just ride the waves, babe.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I''m so sorry. I completely understand how you feel and I''m sorry that this is what your workplace dynamic is right now. Obviously you are a strong person and the positive to take away from this is that your company sees value in you although your boss sees value in no one other than herself. What a nutbar! People like her will get their comeuppance (sp??!), unfortunately, we are just never around to see it ... Just take delightful glee in the fact that one day she will be as miserable as she makes you if she is not already.

If it helps I''ve had 2 like that. Seeing as misery usually loves company, I''ll share some stories to hopefully make you smile, chuckle or commisserate some ...

One retired this past August and I was so excited thinking that I would be able to focus on work and not on all the "baggage" but noooope ... another one moved in to take her place. The first one was eeeevil. I can''t even begin to cover the depth and breadth of her evil reign and some of her down and dirty shenanigans ... To top this off, she had a terrible body odor problem - I''m talking. ter.rib.ble. - pits, feet and anywhere else that emits "odors". Not good but nobody could tell her, in an effort for it to be controlled and save her some embarrassment etc, not even HR wanted to touch it, b/c the last person who tried mysteriously never returned to work. Go figure!

The new one is more personable but is on the internet or on the phone w/personal calls A LOT while the she "delegates" HER work to her peons. Also... and this is fun ... 2 weeks ago, I drag my butt to work SICK and with a terrible sore throat that I could barely swallow with ... she sends me an email asking me if I am lying about being sick so I wouldn''t have to xyz for her. I was out for the next week with a respiratory infection and sinusitis. The email I sent her as a response was professional but less than pleasant, if you can imagine, and she has given me a wide birth for the past week. It''s been lovely! At least this one has the decency to be embarrassed at her foolishness and at making unsubstantiated and unwarranted accusations and, to be fair, is not truly evil ... only a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results