shape
carat
color
clarity

Individual table cakes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
So, while working this weekend and shamelessly discussing wedding planning between babies being born, a lot of the girls expressed their love for each table having a cake. One dear coworker said she loves it because she doesn''t have to stand in line for cake and she can eat her husband''s piece without looking strange asking for two pieces. Has anyone done this? Is it a huge cost difference? I''m not set on any particular big cake design, and a few coworkers mentioned that it can be a part of the centerpiece decoration. It just sounds interesting to me, and I''d love to do it if its not outrageously expensive.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't love it as the centerpiece because then the centerpiece disappears halfway through the reception. I don't think you'd save much money, if anything because the decorating is usually the expensive part of wedding cakes and multiple cakes require more decorating time...

But my stomach would like it!
18.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I heard that this is one of the way to save money. Instead of ordering an outrageously priced wedding cake, you order several "ordinary" cakes for each table. It can also serve as a centerpiece, so you can save money there. It''s something I''m considering as well
1.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to figure out if I do some kind of minimally decorated cakes and then use flowers either around the cakes or on top..it might be cute. Plus, I guess I''m not worried about the centerpieces disappearing...I think the tables only look "perfect" until people sit down, anyway. I don''t know...its just a thought. I might look into it more.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
we had cupcakes in glass cake domes. then we had ribbon tied around it with ribbon streamers that had rosebuds tied at the ends.

then we had a cake tower with the overflow cupcakes. we had our own bride and groom cupcake (it was a cupcake that was a little bigger than standard one) that we "shared" instead of having a cake cutting and it was on our sweetheart table.

after we shared our cupcake, we invited everyone to "unwrap" their cake domes and join in.

here is a pic of it before the decoration (with the table name)

ETA : i would suggest that you try to buy the best cake or cupcake your budget can afford if you go this route. the guests really liked that the cupcakes were so good which i think added to how much they liked the centerpieces.

our cupcakes cost about $2 each (and no cake cutting fee at the venue so we could buy more cupcakes!), cake dome ~$25, florist decorations ~$20, mirror ~$2

cakedome_1.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
here is one decorated at the table. the florist put flowers on the cupcakes and rose petals around the cake dome. we put a mirror as well on the table.

cakedome_2cropped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results