shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m getting married Saturday..and I''m sick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
So I woke up yesterday with a really bad sore throat. I went to the doctor and he thinks it is a viral infection. He gave me some medication, and told me not to go to work or class today (I work with 6th graders). It sucks sitting at home, worrying about not being able to fully enjoy my wedding day. I really hope I can feel better by Saturday.

I almost wish I had some more planning stuff to do so I could stop worrying about everything else that I have already finished.

I guess there really isn''t a point to this post, other than that I needed to vent to someone.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, I hope you feel better soon!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you feel better soon!

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re sick!!!
15.gif

All I can tell you is what you already know: rest, rest, rest and drink plenty of fluids. As for that stress, as seeminly pointless as it is to say, try to relax so that your body can heal. Take a nice hot bath, turn on some relaxing music, and just soak away. Since you''re home anyway and need a distraction, take this time to watch your favorite guilty-pleasure shows or rent a funny movie ("The Birdcage" is always my go-to funny movie when I''m sick).

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re sick!

Yes I agree with everyone above. Get lots of rest and take it easy. Take that bath and watch some funny movies. Take a vitamin. Don''t stress, because stress may only make you sicker.

You''re going to have a great time this weekend! I''m so happy for you!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot ladies. I am going to wrap the gifts for my bridesmaids, I can spend some time to make them look really special. I''m making some mint tea as I type.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon! Have you tried Airborne? I swear by that stuff. It always makes my sickness less extreme.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Fluids, echinacea and vitamin C! And rest! I hope you feel better on Saturday!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Aw! Try to just sleep as much as you can and take a few steam baths, that always helps me with a cold. Hope you feel better!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
The other ladies have already given you great advice.

I would only add that you want to watch your focus. You get more of what you focus on [was that bad English? Sorry! It is not my native language.] So . . . avoid focusing on being sick as much as you can. "See" yourself as being well on your wedding day. That will go a long way.

I''m sure everything will be great!

Sending you good vibes!

DB

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I find nothing is better against a sore throat than vitamin C. It is water soluable so it only stays in your system for a few hours so instead of taking a really large dose once a day you should take lots of smaller ones.
Airborne is always good too.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
REST REST REST--FLUID FLUID FLUID

If you already have a virus there is not much you can do other than mask the symptoms and give your body the good stuff it needs to fight it off.

I would suggest taking an ibprofen or another painkiller on the day of if you feel that icky/sore/tired feeling that accompanies a cold. I find that works better than the cold stuff which just makes me zone out.
On your wedding day you''ll be so distracted that will help you ignore the sickness so don''t worry about it being ruined--it won''t be.

Good luck this weekend--have a blast

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
I don't know if this suggestion will work or not, but have you thought about taking ZICAM? I love the stuff (the nasal swipes, anyway.) Maybe it's just placebo, but I think it works wonderfully. Supposedly the zinc helps you get over viral infections much faster.

I'd give it a try. It can't hurt.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
FI went out and got me some Zicam, hopefully I will start to feel even better tomorrow. Thanks for all your positive vibes!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 9:36:54 PM
Author: lehcarm
FI went out and got me some Zicam, hopefully I will start to feel even better tomorrow. Thanks for all your positive vibes!
So are things looking better? How do you feel today? Gonna make it?
4.gif

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Yes! Please tell us, how are things going today? :::sends more healing vibes your way:::

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
lehcarm, I hope all goes well tomorrow and the thrill of the day surpasses any illness you have.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lehcam, I hope the bug is all cleared up tomorrow and that the day exceeds all your expectations! Best wishes and lots of fairy dust!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful day!
1.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
You got married today!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 4:53:14 PM
Author: ang3199
You got married today!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Oh yeah, that''s today! I hope you''re having lots of fun
2.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hope your day was wonderful and that you were feeling better!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results