shape
carat
color
clarity

I did Running of the Brides and got a dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
I did the Running of the Brides this past weekend in Boston and it was a success!!! We began lining up at 4am and ran at 8am, but didn't end up finding THE dress until our 2nd round at 12:30. The dress is Watters Bride style #5034b. It was originally ~$1500 and I paid $249. It needs to be taken in on the top and in the waist, but all in all, I am in LOVE.

So, I did good, eh?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Lovely dress!

I plan on doing the Running of the Brides in DC this coming July! I hope I''m as lucky as you!!!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
If you need tips, pointers, etc. let me know! A friend of mine that ran with us had done it 2x prior so I learned a lot.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
OMG! You got that stunner of a gown for $249!!! I am speechless, it''s gorgeous.

BTW - don''t you dare tell my hubby you can buy a gorgeous gown for that price, he would kill me
11.gif
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:28:45 PM
Author: Lekde
If you need tips, pointers, etc. let me know! A friend of mine that ran with us had done it 2x prior so I learned a lot.
I actually think we''re going to skip the initial "running" because, well, it''s just not my style...but saving money IS! So I think we''re going to wait to arrive until about 10:30/11:00 and just start calmly going through the dresses that have been returned to the racks. But I plan on making a thread for pointers closer to the event, because I''m sure there''s stuff I''m not thinking about!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thats amazing!!!!! beautiful dress!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
VC-YOU''RE DOING THE ROTB?!?!?!?! I might have to make a trip to DC to help. I''ll be the photographer waddling behind you while you run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

I love that dress! What a great find. I too did the ROTB three years ago in Boston. It was a blast, but I didn''t find anything. Congrats to you!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Lekde, you got an amazing deal and a beautiful dress, congrats!!

VC, the crowds after lunch time are so much more tame and there is a still a HUGE selection of dresses. I''ve been the TROB event a few times (once for myself and a couple of times with friends) and the difference between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m is like night and day. I haven''t been to the one in DC--actually, I did accidentally stop in at the one in DC, but it was a LONG time ago. I used to live next to the FB in DC and was just planning to do a little shopping on my way home from work. I didn''t realize it was TROB day, so when I saw all the wedding dresses I just left. You''ll have a great time! Even if you don''t find a dress, I think it''s a great opportunity to try on A LOT of different kinds of dresses without having a sales rep hovering over you.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Lekde, your dress is gorgeous! So simple and elegant, but stunning at the same time!
30.gif

I''d like to do the ROTB in DC, but July is really pushing it because my wedding is in september... who knows though, we''ll see. I had planned on buying something off the rack anyway, so...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 11:40:01 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
VC-YOU''RE DOING THE ROTB?!?!?!?! I might have to make a trip to DC to help. I''ll be the photographer waddling behind you while you run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

I love that dress! What a great find. I too did the ROTB three years ago in Boston. It was a blast, but I didn''t find anything. Congrats to you!!!!
July 30!!! Come!!!
36.gif

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 12:20:15 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Lekde, you got an amazing deal and a beautiful dress, congrats!!

VC, the crowds after lunch time are so much more tame and there is a still a HUGE selection of dresses. I''ve been the TROB event a few times (once for myself and a couple of times with friends) and the difference between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m is like night and day. I haven''t been to the one in DC--actually, I did accidentally stop in at the one in DC, but it was a LONG time ago. I used to live next to the FB in DC and was just planning to do a little shopping on my way home from work. I didn''t realize it was TROB day, so when I saw all the wedding dresses I just left. You''ll have a great time! Even if you don''t find a dress, I think it''s a great opportunity to try on A LOT of different kinds of dresses without having a sales rep hovering over you.

Ditto to what NewEnglandLady says- going after lunchtime makes a HUGE difference. My friend and I got there at 12:00 and everything was neat and hung up, and people weren''t hoarding dresses any more.

Congrats on finding your dress- I found mine there as well! Gotta love dresses for under $300!
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh it''s gorgeous.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely dress! Did you see anything in size 0 or 2 by any chance?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Great find! Congratulations on finding a gorgeous dress for a fraction of the price.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Yay for another ROTB bride! I got my dress at one as well, wasn''t it fun? My sister got her dream dress at one as well! Can''t beat it. I agree that going after the crazies have calmed down makes it a whole lot easier. Your dress is just gorgeous, you''ll have to post RL pics once its been altered!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that''s so pretty! And that must have been a bunch of fun. (mini threadjack- anyone know if there are events like this in Wisconsin?)

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your compliments!!! You have NO idea how excited I am. I went in with no expectations, just looking to have fun and if I found something, great!! If not, ok. When I get it altered to my proper size I will post a picture or two.

@CharmyPoo: The sizes were all over the place. One gal on one side of me was probably a 0-2 in size and tried on a TON of gorgeous dresses. I think she ended up with a lace Jim Hjelm. Whereas, the gal on the other side of me was in the size range of 20-24 (or thats what she was looking for) and found a very beautiful dress for under $500.

@charbie: Yes, it was fun, but exhausting! 3:00am is early!!

I'm going to also agree with the suggestions made by others to hit up the sale around lunch time. That way all the hoarders let the dresses go, and the employees have a chance to put them back on the rack. Unless you really want to get the experience of running and bartering at 8am (which is fun!) go around 12pm -1pm. It's less stressful and you can take your time. DO: wear undergarments that you're comfortable people seeing you in...no dressing rooms.

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results