shape
carat
color
clarity

I am the ANTI-Bride

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
And frankly, it is starting to worry me a bit.

Not that I don't want to marry my FI...I do! He's the best.

We got engaged last December...and we are holding off planning the wedding until we get his immigration stuff cleared up...long story...and no, getting married by JOP would not speed things along...we checked.

Anyway...I think we are doing a destination wedding. It is going to be relatively small (50 people max) and made up of our close family and close friends.

But here's the thing...I just got an email from a friend saying that she couldn't wait to help me pick out my dress, and the invites and the flowers!

My thought...YUCK! I know what I want my dress to be. Ivory, tea length, strapless. Flowers? Well, yes, I'd like them...don't care what they are. Invites...Um, just want something that says where we are going and contains an rsvp card. Just want a beach, my FI and my friends and family. Frankly, I could NOT care less about the other stuff, really. I mean, I want to look nice in my pics and I'd like the food to be good...but the nitty gritty bride stuff...the picking flowers, the picking colors, the putting the invites together in the right order, the whole thing is just beyond me.

And I've even kind of half considered just getting married by a JOP, just my FI and I. Oh I don't know.

I just DO NOT CARE about that stuff. And it is making me feel entirely abby-normal!

Advice? Help? Ridicule?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you''re abnormal at all! I, personally, am really excited to do all of that stuff, but my mom wasn''t AT ALL. When she got married she didn''t care about any of it, but my grandmother did, so my grandmother planned the whole thing. My mom thought that I would want the same thing and was starting to stress out already about planning it.

I think there are lots of people out there who feel the way you do, but most of them just aren''t on this site
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Littlysser! I felt EXACTLY the same way! In fact, someone else (Traveling Gal maybe or EBree maybe) started a similar thread a few months back ... I'll try to find it, 'cause it was a lot of gals confessing similar feelings! YOU'RE NOT ALONE & it doesn't mean you don't wanna get hitched!

What helped for me was kinda thinking in general about what kind of event I WISH weddings were, what kind I'd want to ATTEND. Then talking that over with the Sweetie & kinda getting that one "spark" idea that inspires all the others. Then stuff kinds of starts to fall into place naturally without a lot of stress.

I think for us it was "BARN" + "BBQ" .. that ruled a lot of stuff "in" and a lotta stuff "out". And that "vision" has been the low-key North Star of the whole planning process.

Sounds like you have "BEACH BASH" in mind. Or "TROPICAL LUAU" or ... or ... (fill in the blank). Think of it as steps to applying to grad school or something & just check 'em off one by one. At a certain point, cool ideas will occur to you that'll make you more excited about the party part. Things you WANNA do, cause they'll be interesting for your friends, or a conversation starter, or kinda "you" ... ya know?

I TOTALLY sympathize ... but will tell you that it got easier as more things "came into view" & started fitting together. A big blank empty canvas is much harder to stare at than a "paint by numbers" sketch.

p.s. -- now I'm only about a month away & still getting more ideas! Stop the idea
madness!
3.gif

ETA: there's a forum called Indie Bride that might be a resource ... lots of those ladies are planning "alternaweddings". Helps to see things mixed up a bit sometimes!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found the thread I mentioned. It starts out about "thirtysomething" brides & kinda morphs I think ...

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooooh how I know how you feel....
Strm and I have been engaged for 3 yrs less than a week..and since we have been re-engaged the same thing is starting over...
Strm and I want just a small private wedding - family and maybe a couple of close friends we would like to have share the time with us. For our so called reception, we don''t really want one, so the plan is just to have an open house for a couple of hours at a hall, so people can give their best wishes and so that I can meet more of his family.
But one side of the family is well don''t forget your favors...always have something to give back if you are expecting gifts...well we are not expecting gifts, and I always thot that that was what thank you notes were for. We do not know how many people will show up for the open house, nor will there be sit down for everyone...more just seats around and a table of snacks...then after about 2 hours Strm and I want to be out of there and by ourselves for a nice weekend together.
Since the family all know we are not going to spend to go on a honeymoon because with Immigration papers and all we want to make sure the money is there for those things, and I have never been one that likes to spend a lot of money on those types of things...just being together and starting our lives together is all I dream of :} So if they know this, then why do we have to do all the "Wedding Formalities" as I call it - lol
I believe we are all "allowed" to do our weddings our way NO MATTER how many people and who they are try to take over it.
So gal, stick to your guns - have your wedding your way...after all it is your day and your memories...not someone elses...after all isn''t the day for you and your honey and the rest are just observers looking for a good time free ;} giggle ok - not that bad - lol
Good luck and may you remember...you love this man and so it is he that you are pleasing and so let the others stew and just enjoy the day for you two :}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Giggle...just reading back my reply...I can hear strm now bringing this all back to me when I start venting on the others and what they want - lol
Hugs...as you can see - your not abnormal - cuz if you are, then there are a lot more of us who are too - now how could that be, eh?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
The first time David asked me what kind of wedding I wanted, I told him I''d like to get married on the 4th of July in St Augustine, fireworks going off overhead as we said our "I do''s". So that is what we''re planning on. We will only have 2 or 4 people with us. We will send announcements afterwards to family and friends. I don''t care about a wedding, I just want the marriage.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give us budgets for each thing. And we'll help you figure that stuff out. Every person is different. If the planning the nit picky details isn't your thing... well, that's just you. Nothing wrong with that.

Give us a location, a 'feel' and budgets for each thing you don't want to do... and we'll help you... give you options, and you pick one. Especially with things like color schemes, flowers, invites... not a problem... by the way I saw beautiful dress like you are describing the other day... now I've just got to figure out where I saw it!

ETA:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2911004/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005511~6005548?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005548&P=2

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2861554/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005465?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005465&P=1

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2891272/0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005465?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6005465&P=1

_5211057.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 11:24:32 AM
Author: decodelighted
Found the thread I mentioned. It starts out about ''thirtysomething'' brides & kinda morphs I think ...
I remember that thread- it was AWESOME to see so many brides with similar feelings. I just read my original post on there and I still feel the same way today. I''ve definitely "embraced" the wedding planning and bridey stuff, but all in moderation seems to work best for me.

littlelysser- I hope that it helps you feel better. Girl, you''re NOT alone!

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Wow, am I glad you posted this. I read this forum daily and look at everyone''s wedding plans, dresses, etc and I''ve started to wonder why the "Bride Bug" has not bitten me! I''ve been engaged 3 wonderful weeks and I am soooo happy, I want to get married, etc but I have no interest whatsoever in planning a wedding.

I also want a small destination wedding, like 15 people MAX on the beach. Just family! I think my problem might be because my FH is from a different state, his family has $0 money and I''m afraid they won''t come. I just don''t want to deal with it right now, I guess.

I''m so glad I''m not alone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww lysser...you're not abnormal!!! i was kind of the same way in certain things...for example i never found 'the dress' and i really didn't care about finding 'the dress'...i just wanted something that looked nice in picture and was pretty and fit in with hawaii...sometimes i had thought boy it'd be nice if i knew what 'the dress' was or found 'the dress' and could experience that strange giddy feeling that we witness here on PS sometimes when other girls DO find 'the dress'...but alas it was not to be for me.

there were certain elements that were important to me, like the flowers, since i garden....but i swear that getting married in hawaii and doing the destination thing was SOOOOOOOO much the smarter thing for us, let me just tell you. do you know how hands off family and friends become when you are planning destination???? my mom TOTALLY would have been getting involved and micro-managing things if it would have been local. but guess what? when it's in hawaii or some other locale, they just have to trust you and what you are doing because they don't know the area like they do with a local thing. there's no way for them to get involved and try to take control when the wedding is far away or in a strange location. it left me with a very freeing feeling, also everyone was so excited about the tropical locale that it wasn't so much about the wedding as in a WEDDING but more like a fun trip with everyone where we'd get married too. the biggest hassles were making sure everyone got their travel arrangements correct. i never wanted a big frou frou expensive wedding and this allowed us to do it in our way, on our terms, since we were paying for it, wherever we wanted to!

are you guys thinking of destination? if so, i'd wholeheartedly recommend it! and for the friend who says she can't wait to help you with the flowers, dress etc. LET HER!! she may come in handy, hehee...especially if you are feeling less than enthusiastic about certain things, maybe she can assist you with coming to quick decisions and you can see things from a more girlie perspective, aka hers, and it may offer some balance you know? plus then she'd be stoked obviously. in any case, hang in there, i think there are so many different types of brides. no one could ever call me the giddy bride...hahaha...i suppose i look mostly intense and cynical
9.gif
but there were certain things that were important to me and others just didn't matter as long as the whole thing happened and people had a good time and everyone had fun and at the end of the day, we were MARRIED!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I''m breathing a sigh of relief as I read this thread and the other - its like I''m reading my own thoughts.

I''ve now been engaged for 2 months and all I''ve done is interview 2 planners. One didn''t follow up and send me his proposal (even after I called to remind him), so he''s out of the running. I just can''t get up any energy to either call the other planner (who''d be fine), interview more, or heaven forbid plan this thing myself (the guilty cost-concious thing to do).

littlelysser its not just you
23.gif
It sounds like there''s an army of us to counteract all those wedding obsessed folks!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
If you can afford it, why not hire a wedding planner you trust and then just let THEM fuss over the details, so all you have to do is set a budget and approve a few options?

I''m not into some of the wedding stuff, but like Mara, certain things are impt to me and othere aren''t. The cake and the food are my big things--that and making sure our 2 sets of divorced families don''t kill each other.

Flowers? Enh. I mean I''m with you--I LIKE flowers, but I don''t want to THINK about them so much. Dress? "The" Dress? ummmmmm...what about a nice dress that looks great?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
littlelysser, I was very much like you when I got married. I didn''t need help from friends/family/wedding planners on the nitty-gritty details because we really didn''t CARE about the details. I picked out flowers by going to the florist, looking at the book and saying "I''ll take those." 20 minutes tops. Dinner menu, DJ, limousine were all provided as a package by the venue. One of the things I remember is when we sat down with the banquet rep to decide on things he asked if we wanted a black or white limo. We didn''t care. You have to pick one. OK, black. They sent white. I still didn''t care.

We had a great time at our wedding and no one complained about anything so I assume it was OK for everyone else too. For many of us, it really is just one day -- a special one, but just a day.

You''re fine!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m not a total freak! Well, at least not for THAT reason. Hehee. I always tell people that I am entirely missing the bridal gene. The engagement ring gene? Oh I TOTALLY got that one...just never imagined myself walking down the isle in a big dress and all that. Sparklie on my finger? Hell yes!

We are definitely thinking destination...probably somewhere in Mexico or the Carribean. My family and friends are all over the East Coast and the Mid-West. FI''s family is in Holland...so we are trying to pick some place that is fairly accessible to everyone. I am close to my nuclear family...not too close to my extended family...thus it will be close family and friends. I''ve been really lucky in life to have amazing friends...they are like a second family to me...so they''ve GOT to be there too. And they range in occupations from lawyers at big law firms to folks working on their Phds...so cost will definitely be important.

My best friend from highschool just married her partner in Massachusetts - got married in a nice park by a JOP...no one else around...and I was jealous!

Really, I just want a party on a beach where Jan and I get married.

And as much as I LOVE Hawaii (and I do...it my favorite place on earth), it would be cost prohibative for a number of people I want to come...

As for funds...we will have some money...but we bought a house together two years ago...and my parents always said, you can either have a big old wedding, or the money for a down payment on a house. I called them and asked for the $$ for the downpayment...and voila...and I''m super grateful for the decision...but it means that we will be paying for things largely on our own. Which, honestly, probably plays a part in my hesitancy. Feh. I just don''t want to go in to debt to finance the wedding.

Wifey2b - I am pretty lucky in that my parents are totally behind the small wedding on the beach. They had a big old wedding for my sister''s wedding (who got divorced less than two years later, but that is neither here nor there)...so they got it out of their system. They even took it alright when I told them I didn''t want to invite Aunts and Uncles.

Gypsy - I really like that dress! Right now, I''ve GOT to lose some poundage...as I do not want to look like a beached whale in my wedding pics! When things start getting closer...I''ll definitely appreciate some guidance! For now...how about cool resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico? All inclusive would be ideal.

Aquarius - I total understand. My FI''s family is in Holland. They''ve done quite well financially, but a number of his friends probably will not be able to make it. Which makes me sad.

And I do want the food to be yummy. And I want to look good...but yikes...feeling.overwhelmed. must put head down!

oh, and also, you guys rock!
36.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am rude! I got so overwhelmed I didn''t respond to everyone. GAH. bad manners.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Thank you for finding that thread Deco.

Beach wedding is definitely my theme! Way way way. Sand in our toes...the whole thing.

Oshin - I thought about the sending the announcement after...but I have a question that will show my utter unbrideknowledge...do people often send gifts after an announcement like that? If so, I think that would make me feel weird too. Gah.

Mara - how many people came to your wedding? Did you find it to be super expensive?

I''d like to keep the whole kit and kaboodle under 10k. Is that reasonable?

Piccolo & Rainbow - I do wish I had a bit of the bridal gene though. Just a bit! There would definitely be a bonus to having a wedding planner...but with our budget, I''m not sure it is too feasible. Not that I actually know. Cause, you know, I haven''t DONE A THING!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-of-riveria-maya.50223/

That''s tacori''s thread...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150812-d596668-Reviews-Riu_Palace_Riviera_Maya-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150812-d286722-Reviews-Secrets_Capri_Riviera_Cancun-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I don''t know your price range so it''s hard for me to look... but this will give you a great start... Tripadvisor is fabulous... the member reviews are candid. Just click on a location/city/ area you might be interested in... the scroll down. If you click on hotel ammenities most of the ones that are all inclusive will say so.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g150768-Mexico-Hotels.html

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyss...we had about 30 people including ourselves at the wedding...and it was around $15k when all was said and done which also included our airfare and lodging for 1.5 weeks in hawaii (which was probably about $2000). the honeymoon was separate. we were hovering around $12k originally, but in the last week while on hawaii before the wedding, we kind of splurged on a few things we weren't really planning to originally, like we paid for dinner for both our families one night to the tune of $600, and greg paid for the suits for all the guys and our dads to the tune of about $800 and then we went a little extra on the flowers, aka they were quoted at about $800 but i kept adding things (like i wanted the moms to have corsages, and then i wanted every bridal party member (aka 10+ people) to have a fresh lei the night of the rehearsal dinner etc) and it ended up being like $1200.

so i think that you can stick within a set budget for the most part as you are planning, but as you get down to the wire and time becomes less then it's easier to be like 'yes just add that' and later you are like 'woah that was pricey!' but in the end we were really happy with what we got for that $$$ and we knew the special touches we'd added had happily surprised people as well. and really in the end it's just money right?!?!? you can always go and make more!
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you go to an all inclusive the budget might work. Because your guests' food will be paid for and that will leave the alcohol (at some places)-- with a destination you really don't need a planner most of the resort catering staff are happy to help you with most of the details-- florists, photographers, licenses etc. That said if you want a photographer and a videographer-- I don't know if that would put you over budget-- it depends on how many days you stay I suppose. Most of the places in the BVI I talked to when we were consider a destination only charged 1000-2000 for the wedding in addition to your stay. Most were closer to 1000 actually.

The knot has a destination weddings board the ladies there are helpful. I know there is a good Couples resort in the carribean... I don't recall the name though. Personally, I think Mexico is easier to get to than the Carribean-- the flights out there were really expensive for our guests and filled with plane changes. If it were me, I'd focus on Mexico-- photographers and so forth might be cheaper there too.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Completely NOT abnormal.
I must say that I felt SO very much the same way.
(We got married in St. John this past July.)
I would visit theknot and get really freaked out because
these girls KNOW what they want, and I was just like, flowers? Flower are pretty, can''t
we just use what''s growing around there?

It''s doable. And not terrible. We had 65 people at our wedding (which was more than I originally
wanted-- but really great in the end.)

You don''t have to be BRIDEY-- at all. Be yourself! Our invites were just super simple, I didn''t really
care about those things at all.
Good luck honey!
It will be great!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I have a secret fear of my someday wedding day.

I am like you--I adore jewlery, and like that part of the whole getting married thing.
And I LOVE weddings in general. But I am a little scared to ever have one of my own. I don''t enjoy being infront of an audiance--despite the fact that I am a school teacher. I can handle being infront of 8th graders all day long, but parading around infront of my family and friends and whoever else is a intimidating. Plus I love so many different ideas that I have seen that I have no idea how I would ever choose just one to stick with. AHH.

Anyway, I think the small sand in your toes wedding sounds FABULOUS!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Okay I am going to chime in here! I am totally with you littlelysser, as well as all of the other ladies expresing the same sentiments. I love the idea of the ring, but not the whole stress of the wedding planning and foo-phee dress. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that...it''s just not me. One of my best girlfriends is getting married in March and she is much like you. She just hired a planner and we finally decided to go looking at dresses next week, but we are both like...who cares? It''s funny actually. So do no feel bad AT ALL!

Not to hi-jack the thread, but Tybee your DW made me really want one! You are so lucky to have had 65 people there. And you looked totally relaxed and natural. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Onedrop-

Thanks! We had the very best time!
I would highly recommend one, especially if you are iffy on the traditional stuff.

I talked to the florist on the phone 2 weeks before the date, and bascially left it with:
"white flowers would be nice, nothing too showy."
I loved my bouquet, too. The best part about the DW for me was taking the planning out
of my hands.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Okay that is exactly what I am anticipating. Telling them what i want and simply let them handle it. St. John is gorgeous! I hope you don''t mind if i copy your wedding locale in about a year. :)

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Mind?
I''d be so pleased if I was able to help another bride have the wedding of her dreams!
You are sweet!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
No...you are sweet! Okay I''ll stop now. :) Instead of taking over lysser''s thread I''ll head on over to your planning threads just to get some ideas!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there littlelysser....

I was the one who started that thread that Deco mentioned (coincidently she and I are getting married on the same weekend). I am about 5 or so weeks out til the "big day" (and I actually don''t know how many weeks I am out, but I think it''s 5...) and I will tell you, I STILL feel the same way about it all as when I initially started that thread.

I just got the DJ yesterday. Still don''t have a florist, and really don''t want flowers but am giving in because a friend said she may do it and it will be cheap...then I don''t have to think about ideas (of which I still have none). My dress cost $50. I told my friend no bridal shower or girlie parties of any kind (especially because I HATE opening gifts in front of people) but my FMIL asked me last week if she could throw me an afternoon tea for the ladies when she arrives from Australia. I felt sick about it all but couldn''t say no.
15.gif

I don''t mean to sound ungrateful, or unexcited. You know what I am most excited about? Writing my vows and telling him exactly how much I am so honored that I am going to be his wife. My goals for my wedding day are A) to eat, as I hear many brides don''t even eat their reception meals and B) just to have a sweet first dance. That''s it. All our money has gone to the reception...meals and wine because I love entertaining people and am a foodie. But the rest of it, I can honestly say I couldn''t give a rat''s a**. My invitations had flips flops on them, and I think my mom was rather surprised at how casual it''s all been. FI is wearing a Tommy Bahamas shirt and drawstring linen pants. I gave him free rein to pick WHATEVER he wanted...and of course he doesn''t match me too well, but whatever.

And btw, I am doing the beach thing. 55 people max, on a local public beach with a ukelele player (well, maybe, because I haven''t booked that either). I have a man of honor (my bro) who is also walking me down the aisle/sand. No bridesmaids, no way. Don''t need that kind of extra stress. I''ll let you know how it all goes, if I can manage to pull it off!
3.gif

There is nothing wrong with being bitten in a big way by the bug, or not bitten at all. Part of the reason I like hanging out on PS is I am fascinated by threads of people planning their weddings. Some gals are SO into it, and I find it kind of bizarre (not in a bad way, mind you...just "foreign" to me). I can''t imagine trying on a dozen dresses...I get hives thinking about it. I tried on ONE and had to find my size in another store. It came rolled up wrinkled in a fed ex box...
1.gif

I would imagine lots of brides here would look at me in horror...but hey, I think we''d all agree: It''s your wedding and do it the way that works for you!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 2:15:35 PM
Author: littlelysser

Oshin - I thought about the sending the announcement after...but I have a question that will show my utter unbrideknowledge...do people often send gifts after an announcement like that? If so, I think that would make me feel weird too. Gah.

I never even thought about people sending gifts. We sure don''t need anything at all. In fact, I''ve been trying to get rid of things for the last 1 1/2 years. David''s a "pack rat". So, I guess I''ll put on the announcements something like "In leau of gifts, we would be honored if you would make a contribution to a charity in our names."

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:38:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I just got the DJ yesterday. Still don''t have a florist, I told my friend no bridal shower or girlie parties of any kind. My invitations had flips flops on them FI is wearing a Tommy Bahamas shirt and drawstring linen pants. I have a man of honor (my bro) who is also walking me down the aisle/sand. No bridesmaids, no way.

Ha! Travelinggal! Yup .. five weeks to go & we still haven''t booked an OFFICIANT, Flowers, Hair/Makeup, Cupcake Tower, Transporation to/from.
23.gif
I think we have a DJ, maybe not, he hasn''t called back. IPOD is looking better & better. I have three CASES of Boylans Lemon Seltzer water to drink so I can turn their suitably retro graphiced glass bottles into VASES.
6.gif
No shoes, no jewelry, no programs, no vows written, no babysitters hired.

But - on the bright side: I wouldn''t even have a DRESS on order if you hadn''t scared me into action with your incredulous "WHAT??" a few weeks back!
3.gif

I am getting a wee bit bummed about the "no showers" thing = though it was entirely of my own design. Keep remembering awesome presents I''ve GIVEN over the years. *Sniff* Guess if you want the booty you have to put up with that other crap too
11.gif
2.gif

Is it sounding fun yet, Lysser??
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:39:49 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/31/2006 7:38:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I just got the DJ yesterday. Still don''t have a florist, I told my friend no bridal shower or girlie parties of any kind. My invitations had flips flops on them FI is wearing a Tommy Bahamas shirt and drawstring linen pants. I have a man of honor (my bro) who is also walking me down the aisle/sand. No bridesmaids, no way.

Ha! Travelinggal! Yup .. five weeks to go & we still haven''t booked an OFFICIANT, Flowers, Hair/Makeup, Cupcake Tower, Transporation to/from.
23.gif
I think we have a DJ, maybe not, he hasn''t called back. IPOD is looking better & better. I have three CASES of Boylans Lemon Seltzer water to drink so I can turn their suitably retro graphiced glass bottles into VASES.
6.gif
No shoes, no jewelry, no programs, no vows written, no babysitters hired.

But - on the bright side: I wouldn''t even have a DRESS on order if you hadn''t scared me into action with your incredulous ''WHAT??'' a few weeks back!
3.gif

I am getting a wee bit bummed about the ''no showers'' thing = though it was entirely of my own design. Keep remembering awesome presents I''ve GIVEN over the years. *Sniff* Guess if you want the booty you have to put up with that other crap too
11.gif
2.gif

Is it sounding fun yet, Lysser??
9.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif

OK, you win! LOL...

I wasn''t going to book a DJ, but then I realized that doing our own music would be MORE work! I found a pretty cost effective guy though a guy who used to work for me, and now I am wondering how it will go. He seems very nice, and said he won''t talk much, but it is disconcerting how he says "whaddup? DJ (insert name here) is in da house! Peace out girl, I got yo'' back!"
40.gif
He actually DJs at a bar locally, which I''ve been to and remembering hearing good music, so I am going to check it out tomorrow.

I''m glad you got a dress...and it sounds like you are going to look gorgeous! Did you get your marriage certificate yet? No jewelry yet for me, as well as no programs (not having them), no shirts for my man of honor and the groomsmen, no party favors (I have to order bamboo mats so people can sit somewhere on the sand), and no special fancy underwear to wear on that day (TMI, I know). Do you think my poor FI will be bummed if I wear the same holey underwear I always do? Hee hee..

Oh, and my dress needs to be altered/fixed...there are some things wrong with it, like a busted seam at the zipper...
38.gif

Do you think our wedding weekend is the weekend of slackers? You and me are the only ones getting married that weekend..lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results