shape
carat
color
clarity

how early should you block off rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
How early should you talk to a hotel about blocking off rooms? How did you decide how many rooms to reserve? And on that matter, how far ahead of time should you book YOUR suite if you are going to stay in one the night of the wedding?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you know the hotels you''ll be blocking, just give them a call and they''ll give you the best information. The timeline can vary greatly depending on the season and what their booking expectations are for that time.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
You said hotels as in plural, should we be booking off more than one hotel?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I was just making an assumption. There is no need to book multiple hotels, I think some people do so if they are getting married in a big city and there are many options available. I've just seen friends choose two hotels that offer a nice range of rooms and prices--you know, one no-frills Doubletree type hotel, and a second fancy shmancy Palmer House type hotel.

We're in Chicago, there are hotels EVERYWHERE, so it's probably just a locale thing.

DON'T worry about finding a second hotel, it is absolutely not necessary! I was not trying to add ONE MORE ITEM to your to-do list, I swear!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did ours a year in advance (so we had the info when we sent out our STDs). Blocked 12 (that was all they let us). Any unbooked rooms were released two weeks before our wedding. I think we booked our suite at a different hotel 3 months ahead of time.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies :) Thats a good idea to send the info out with the save the dates! I learn new things everyday :D

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I blocked the rooms for the resort were holding the wedding at about 7 months in advance and had an alternative hotel that was much more affordable so guests had a choice.
I got immediate family and close friends (bridal party etc.) to book their rooms asap (i did this for them to ensure they all had a place to stay) and then just randomly estimated how many ppl would also want to stay and offered them up on a first-come first-served basis. It''s better to over-block than to not have enough.

I first spread the hotel info verbally and through emails to friends etc. but also included an accomodation card with invites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results