shape
carat
color
clarity

how are your BM helping you?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Another thread sparked this question for me. I only expect my BM to show up for the wedding festivities and wear a color-coordinated dress. Plus, to be nice to me when I''ll undoubtedly get a little stressed before the wedding, but they''re my friends and would do that anyway.

I know they traditionally organize showers and bachelorettes, but I won''t have those as we are geographically too far apart.

What else could they possibly be doing? I honestly have no idea what "tasks" I could give them even if I wanted to. What have you asked your BM to do, or what have they offered to help you with?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t have any BMs but I am BM for my bestie''s wedding next year. I don''t think even she knows what she wants me and her other two BMs to do yet but this is what I am thinking:

1) Wedding dress shopping
2) Wedding shoes/accessories shopping
3) Organising the hen''s night/weekend/whatever we decide to do
4) Helping out at the venue before and on the day if it is required
5) Moral support! (don''t think she will need much though - very cruisey girl)
6) Help research eg. florists, MUAs, hairdressers
7) Help with any DIY projects eg. invitations, decorations, whatever she decides

Wedding showers don''t really happen where I live (Australia).

She has 3 BMs (me, another friend and her sister), each with different skills to bring! I think her sister will be the most helpful with practical details and family-related stuff as she had her own, biggish/traditional wedding a couple of years ago. I recently got married and am fashion-obsessed/shopaholic so I think I''ll be helpful with dresses, flowers, hair/MU ideas. The third BM is going to be awesome for entertainment ideas and is very creative! Hopefully we will make a good team.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Nada. All mine have to do is show up in a long black dress of their choosing. I have not had the best luck with choosing friends and they kind of stink, so I figured I would make it as stress free as possible and ask as little of them as possible.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't have a wedding party, but I did ask my sister to be my MOH. I respected my sister's time, and I didn't ask her to do anything for me. Plus, she lives across the country from me, so getting together to do wedding stuff wouldn't have been possible even if I had wanted to. She chose her dress (the style, color, everything) and shoes. She was the one wearing it, so it made sense for her to pick it out. I honestly didn't care. I placed absolutely no expectations on my sister, and I wouldn't have done that even if I did have a more traditional wedding party.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I think my sister did send out the shower invitations. I gave her and my mom a list of who I'd love to see, and they took it from there. My mom and one of her friends hosted it at the friend's house, and I know they took care of the food and other details. I think my sister was the contact person for the RSVPs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results