shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with October wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas for an October wedding in 2007. I''ve been looking at The Knot website and some of their fall wedding ideas seem a little tacky. Also, I''m stuck between Oct. 7th or the 13th (both saturdays) I have a feeling that the 13th may work better for me, but is it bad luck to get married on the 13th day of the month? (even if it''s not a friday?) We will have to pay for most of the wedding ourselves, out parents don''t have money, and I''m not going to be able to hire a wedding planner. Help!
23.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I think fall colors are very pretty, warm colors like terra cotta reds, sage greens. I think using warm, soft colors would be very pretty in a wedding and I''m sure there are plenty of flowers that would work with that.
This site http://www.freshroses.com/ tells you what flowers are in season per month.
Also, I think doing something on the 13th is fine. I''m not really superstitious though so it wouldn''t bother me.

Hope you get some great ideas!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I love fall colors!! I keep debating whether to do fall or winter, b/c we''re getting married the 24th of November and the hall can decorate for Xmas if we want (they usually wait till dec 1st to).

And about the 13th--no biggie, I got engaged on Fri the 13th! : )

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m a fall bride getting married this nov.
9.gif

our colors are champagne, gold, wine and chocolate brown.

i didn''t want the typical fall colors and fell in love with these colors which i think are a perfect fit.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am getting married a year from september. One thing I am thinking about is buying dried fall leaves for the guests to throw instead of rice/bubbles/etc.
As for the 13th, there are a lot of not very solid theories as to why it is bad. Most people were not particularly wary until the 1800s when it suddenly became majorly taboo. So unless you believe a bunch of Victorians were especially insightful, I would not worry too much about it.

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 3:25:21 PM
Author: jcrow
9.gif

i didn''t want the typical fall colors and fell in love with these colors which i think are a perfect fit.
ooooh, sounds pretty. i love fall, all of the rich hues. are your brides maids going to be in wine? i was thinking about putting them in a chocolate brown dress so they would be able to wear them again. maybe have them carry wine colored flowers and maybe have a wine colored tie or something. i''ll have to talk it over with them.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH I just thought of a great centerpiece idea too! You could fill up those large tall vases (cylindrical) with mostly cranberries, a few small apples and a few small pears (and water) and put a floating candle on top and do a cute floral or candle arrangement around them. (I'm going to try this at home tonight, I'll add a pic when I do it)

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 3:36:38 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
OOOH I just thought of a great centerpiece idea too! You could fill up those large tall vases (cylindrical) with mostly cranberries, a few small apples and a few small pears (and water) and put a floating candle on top and do a cute floral or candle arrangement around them. (I''m going to try this at home tonight, I''ll add a pic when I do it)
very creative! i''m so not. i can''t wait to see it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 3:30:33 PM
Author: sadie123

Date: 7/25/2006 3:25:21 PM
Author: jcrow
9.gif

ooooh, sounds pretty. i love fall, all of the rich hues. are your brides maids going to be in wine? i was thinking about putting them in a chocolate brown dress so they would be able to wear them again. maybe have them carry wine colored flowers and maybe have a wine colored tie or something. i''ll have to talk it over with them.
they are going to be in a fall-champagne color dress. they will be carrying deep red peonies.
you can see my thread here

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Sadie -- we got engaged in June and are getting married this October 29, 2006.

Our colors are also deep autumn hues...espresso, deep reds, burnt orange, coppers, accented with a few lighter colors (the florist will be pulling together some bouquets next week). We''re having a sunset ceremony (indoors) in a beautiful room (the Yates Gallery in the Chicago Cultural Center) which is a rich red marble-y room with loft-type ceilings. We''re using tons of candles for the ceremony and for the reception.

I agree that the knot pictures are not helpful, but think of lush colors inspired by nature...cranberries, jewel tones, etc. It should be gorgeous!

And I personally wouldn''t worry about getting married on the 13th, but that''s me. You do what you are comfortable with!

Jackie

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
cpieces.jpg

Some ideas...didn't make it to the craft store but these are some fallish candle centerpieces, or ideas that you could run with : )

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 9:43:35 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
cpieces.jpg

Some ideas...didn''t make it to the craft store but these are some fallish candle centerpieces, or ideas that you could run with : )
thanks! i really like the one with the candles on the mirror. it seems really simple, but elegant. what i like to think my taste is!
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you? I got married in October, but I live in California. Oct. 29 in Los Angeles is pretty much like any other day of the year down there.

E B

Ideal_Rock
October 7th, 2007 is a Sunday. The 6th is a Saturday.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Were in southern california as well san diego to be exact I want to have a fall wedding too, Were planning to wed in Sep. 07. I want to get married under a big oak tree with a reception in a barn but im haveing a hard time locating both of these! Are other alternative is to have a beach wedding but then the fall theme may not work... so complicated!
I really like the those center pieces!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard there are some nice vineyards and orchards inland of San Diego. They would be nice for a fall-themed wedding.
5.gif
And I think getting married on the 13th is just fine. It''d certainly be an easy date to remember!

sadie123

Rough_Rock
Well after all of that I decided against the Oct. wedding. Now we are going to get married on Sept. 8th. I just bought a dress and it has ice blue and amethyst swarovsky crystals on the bodice. I think that''s a little more summery right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results