shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Wedding shoes pair #2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I''m crazy. I knew that already. You guys knew that already.

But I need help!

So most of you have probably already seen my original pair of wedding shoes. If you haven''t:
Link

The problem is, I spent a lot of hours working on them, and I don''t know how well the crystals will stay on. Plus, being the shoe crazy person that I am, I don''t want to mess them up. White satin + crystals + dirty Vegas = messed up shoes. I don''t care if crystals fall off, that''s part of the original risk I took by gluing them on. HOWEVER, I would like to be able to keep them as pristine white as possible, and I am always a sucker for getting new shoes.

So this is the plan:
Wear crystallized Stuart Weitzmans for the ceremony where it''s nice and safe and minimal dirt.
Wear 2nd pair of shoes that are not so easily soiled for after ceremony dinner/walking around Vegas.

Now believe it or not, FI has agreed to this, and thinks it''s a reasonable plan. Actually, most people who have heard it think it''s a pretty good idea. Besides that, I''d be getting another pair of shoes that I would have a chance of wearing again--which will not happen with the white ones.

So here is what I''ve been looking for, I''ve been searching for the past 2 weeks and so far no luck. I''ve only been searching a few high volume places though, and I know my PSers are AMAZING at finding stuff.

My shoe size is 7.5-8. Either is fine.

MUSTS:
~Blue (not navy and not really light, brights are best, but I''m open to everything)
~Between 2-3.5 inches

PREFERRED:
~Satin
~Peep toe or closed toe (wedding is in Vegas in January, but it will still be cold)
~Under or around $300 (I will likely pay more than that if they are perfect)

DON''T WANT:
~pointy toes
~t-strap

I would probably buy these (J Crew Carmen shoe in Atlantic Blue) in an instant, but they are all sold out.

So I need your help! Thank you so much!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Freke, no one here would think you're crazy for wanting 2 pairs of shoes for your wedding. In fact, I'd expect nothing less.
9.gif
And your reason makes total sense!

I'm off on the hunt!
34.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two pairs of Manolos for my wedding day so I can totally understand wanting to get two pairs. Best of luck getting them!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
http://www.maxstudio.com/cgi-bin/dynamic/Product.cgi?frame=main&style_number=TANNER&color=BLACK&AID=10447195&PID=2178999&SID=45315015

http://www.shopbop.com/tansy-pieced-hidden-platform-pump/vp/v=1/845524441836180.htm?folderID=2534374302112439&extid=affprg

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7418316/c/43759.html

Try these to start. Blue is such a hard color right now. BTW...the SW''s I posted last I think are more blue than purple. My friend just wore these powder blue Hollywould shoes for her wedding in September but I fear they may be pointy. I have to check and see though. I''ll be back.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Trust you Freke to find an excuse to get a second pair of wedding shoes
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t imagine you only having one pair of shoes for your wedding day :) Your shoes are absolutely perfect for you and I love them, but I think that finding another pair to walk around in all night is a great idea!

To keep with your Stuart Weitzman theme, you could go with the Dolly--what''s more fun than bright blue AND patent leather?
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/50144467/c/31712.html

I don''t get it--this place is selling the Monolo Blahnik something blue pump for $250? I thought they retailed for over $900? This seems like a scam, but I''m posting anyway
http://www.prestomart.com/viewitem.php/dezignhouse/pd1852088/NEW_MANOLO_BLAHNIK_SOMETHING_BLUE_SATIN_PUMP

These are a little bit funky and I like that. Again, they''re leather and not satin, but oh well
http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7226847/c/4751.html

I''m terrible at shopping myself, but finding blue shoes is always fun.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I was so going to recommend the J Crew shoes because that''s what I have and I love them. Maybe we could set up some kind of shoe exchange program since we wear the same size?
2.gif

I''ll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find anything. I certainly looked at enough blue peep toes when I was searching for mine.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
So I thought I would put some Barneys options to the table:

These are definitely Vegas-y:
Marc Jacobs

Out of budget, but super fun!
Cheap (not!) & Chic (yes!)

Ok, these are only available in a size 7....I forget if that works for you.
Manolo''s

Are sandals ok?
Manolo Sandals

And a net-a-porter option:

Shiney bright blue attention grabbers!
Chloe

I say get a great pair of shoes at a great price - no need to compromise with all these sales :)

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Oh Freke,
I feel in love with these Kate Spades, but I can''t decide if I need them in blue or red?

The shoe is called Keeden, but I really can''t tell you were to find them. The Kate Spade website only offers white, red and black, but these just came out for 2009.

Happy hunting.

sjkatespadekeeden.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow guys! These are awesome! I didn''t find half of these when I was looking.

I hung out with my MOH tonight and she mentioned that the stores tend to get their spring stock in, in February so I should keep my eyes peeled, but to really start looking next month (which is really just a couple days away.)

Anyway! Keep them coming! And now that we know what the dress looks like, maybe it''ll be easier!

(And if you see any rockin'' silver shoes, feel free to post those too! Although I do prefer blue...)

I found these which are the coolest color, but more than I should spend--not to mention they are sandals for the middle of winter...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hadn''t Octavia, that color is awesome!!!!

I''m so upset. J Crew posted their new shoes last night....and have a pair of blue satin ones that HAVE A GIANT YELLOW BOW on the vamp. UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link

BTW, I was up until 5am, and I''m now extremely cranky.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t be cranky with a wedding dress on the way! Just kidding...I would be beyond cranky if I stayed up as late as you did!

And I want you to get those blue Manolos you posted! I don''t care if they''re $725. I WANT YOU TO GET THEM! I love them so much...if I was a lady and I wore heels I would totally want those. But since I''m not and I don''t, I want you to have them.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Can you take the giant yellow bow off the J Crew ones, and replace it with some sort of shoe-jewelry that''s prettier? I know there are places that sell things like that, and you''re so crafty you could probably come up with something fabulous all by yourself!

As a side note, did you really have to mention that they posted new shoes? I''m now suffering from a certifiable need to have this pair and they''re so not in my budget...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa...those Manolos!! Was your dress under budget? Go for some Manolos!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know you''ve already altered a pair of shoes, but would you be up for it again? What about trying to replicate these $950 Manolos? You could do it under budget.
31.gif

manolosomethingblue.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dress was less than a 1/4 of my budget. Especially after I found a coupon. So yes, I have a little bit more money to burn. I still don''t want to spend oodles of money on buying a pair of Manolos though. Lets just say it would take a lot of convincing.

I''m currently leaning towards the J Crews with the hideous yellow bow. (If I weren''t looking for wedding shoes, the bow would be far from hideous though.) So I''m thinking about getting rid of the bow, and adding a bow that is about the same color, silver or adding a shoe broach.

Thoughts?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to post those shoes too Ebree! I wore them out tonight for our vet ball and they were so comfortable and got lots of compliments....enabler.....
3.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I think the blue color (like in your avator) would look better with your silver dress than the teal Jcrew ones....

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Freke- call J crew and see if they''ll send you a pair without the bow. Tell them it''s for your wedding. They''re one of very few companies who still to little custom things like that if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results