shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with invites, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey guys, I''m new to the whole DIY invite thing. We aren''t getting married until November 3rd, 2007, so I have plenty of time to do this. I saw this place: http://www.uniquityinvitations.com/invitations.htm

Which is basically them sending you a template for the invite and RSVP, or if you pay more, the invitation, rsvp, place card, favor tag, table number, menu and program templates all ready to go. I just have to buy the cardstock and envelopes and we''re good to go.

So, anyone know where I can get cardstock and all that? Also, any tips on how to do it in a printer? I''m so worried they won''t come out right.

Our colors are gold, wine, and cream (ivory), and these are the invites my fiance picked out.. Any ideas?

invite_AmyClose.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have any good advice, but I love the invites!
9.gif

Although I have to wonder...are Simthers & Micshka real names???

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I would check out paperdirect.com, Kinko''s, local stationary/Hallmark store or do a search online. I have even seen nice invitations/card stock in Target!
6.gif

We did our own invitations too and they came out great. Bought the invitation and template from paperdirect, did a few practice runs on plain paper and put it over the invitation to make sure everything lined up and wah lah invites at a fraction of the cost!
9.gif
I did print them up one at a time to ensure it didn''t get stuck or anything, so it was time consuming, but definitely worth it.

Good luck!
face23.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, guys!

Amantdechat, I''m glad to hear your experience was good! I''m a very cautious bride, so I figured that I''d do them one at a time, as well. I''m always afraid of bunching!

Albi, are you making fun of my cousin Simthers?
1.gif
Every time I see it, I think of Smithers from the Simpsons!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think those are very pretty! Another pretty version could be the same pic with wine background and gold flower and lettering. I'm having a November 2007 wedding as well, and I'm looking at burgandys and either champagne or golds : )

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Oh those are gorgeous!
Do you have access to a good color printer? I think you can get nice card stock at office max as well as the other places. And I agree, target has some nice stuff sometimes!

If I were you I''d run a couple of tests using regular paper I''d cut to the same size as the card stock. It can be tricky getting the margins just right. Although usually the card stock you can buy comes with instructions or a download for formatting.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We just got beautiful gold and cream cardstock and envelopes at The Paper Source. They have a website, http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/index.html

Good luck!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions! I know I have quite a bit of time, so I''m not worried yet!! I am actually very excited about this, it really means I''m getting married! Isn''t that silly to think?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my paper from Xpedx. I am not sure if they sell to the public (but I would check) they have SO many kinds of paper, will cut it to any size, and is much cheaper than anywhere else. Good luck.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I second Paper Source. There's one in Pasadena (within walking distance from me, EEE!) that has everything you need and it's pretty affordable. For printing, I'd just take it to a Kinkos or something...some place where they know what they're doing. I doubt the printing fees would be too much.

p.s. I love those invites! I'm checking out the site now.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Ebree! I just LOVE the invite Paul chose!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I think the template idea is so cool - it's a great idea for DIYers!
It would look fabulous on Paper Sources' Luxe Cream or Luxe White (it has a little texture, very very nice.)

Scintillating...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am so excited, I really just can''t wait to start. Thanks for all your suggestions!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Amber!

I second the paper zone and paper source suggestions. I think your invites will be gorgeous!! And don''t worry, you can alway try to print one ... and if it doesn''t come out okay, relocate to a different printer.

There is a girl who is getting married this October who is just now doing her invites. You are so on the ball!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
That''s right, Seattle, I''ve got so much to do, and such little time.... actually, just the opposite! :)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
if you find a good paper you like and have the design....can you take the paper and teh design to like office max''s printing shop or something and have them put it on there? I want to do something like that because neither of us have a good printer because we both are in college and bought pritners that were better for printing papers for school instead of photo printers. I''m wanting to do our invites and STD''s like that but was wondering if Office Max or places liek that were too expensive...i haven''t looked into it

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks charger! I love the invite, and I can''t wait to make my own! Thanks for the suggestion!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Those invites are beautiful. Check out Papersource.com. I made my own save the dates and they have great stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results