shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find Texas location....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Ok, the practicalities of getting married in France are getting increasingly more complicated. While we are still looking at options there I need a back up plan. We could get married at my parents house, they have a couple of acres with a great view but limited parking, but it is still an option.

We are looking at $10,000 budget with no more than 75 people.... Any ideas on location or finding a location to accommodate us? We are about 1 hour from Dallas- Fort Worth Area, 2 hrs from Austin and 4hrs from San Antonio.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I noticed you didn''t include Houston in potential locations. lol. I DON''T BLAME YOU.
3.gif

Although it would be cool to get married in one of their many museums.

Oh but how pretty to get married in San Antonio on the Riverwalk? AWWWW I hear it''s kind of crowded though.
I wish I could help you with Dallas or Austin, but I''ve never been to Austin and have only been to Dallas once.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I could help with the DFW area.. What type of location do you want? A church? A cool hotel? A vineyard? I know many places as I have been to many, many weddings and I am definitely willing to help!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I like Houston but my hair doesnt...POOF! haha

Vineyard would be awesome, thinking along the french them still! Thanks OUpeargirl so much for you input in advance!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well there is a little town called Grapevine, Texas that''s basically right in between Dallas and Fort Worth. I''ve been to a few absolutely stunning weddings here. It would totally fit into your French themed wedding.

I can also give you names of my favorite photographer and florist if you''re interested.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 11:46:51 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
HAHAHAHA that made me laugh so hard!!!
It''s the same reason Houston was never an option for me.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 11:51:56 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
Well there is a little town called Grapevine, Texas that''s basically right in between Dallas and Fort Worth. I''ve been to a few absolutely stunning weddings here. It would totally fit into your French themed wedding.

I can also give you names of my favorite photographer and florist if you''re interested.
Wow! FI and I are going to Delaney this weekend hah, it is about 45 mins from us. Have you been to any wedding in Granbury, Burleson or Stephenville?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 11:54:46 AM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 10/17/2007 11:46:51 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
HAHAHAHA that made me laugh so hard!!!
It''s the same reason Houston was never an option for me.

And the mosquitos are the size of small birds hahaha

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
No I haven''t. I''ve been to several in the Grapevine/Colleyville area and also in downtown Fort Worth and downtown Dallas. In Fort Worth I love the Fort Worth Club and the YWCA as well as the Petroleum club. The Petroleum club in Dallas, however, was set up very strangely for the wedding I attended there. According to my mom though, it doesn''t usually look like this. My mom is a society columnist (she doesn''t do gossip, but writes about charity balls, ribbon cuttings, etc) and I''m sure I could ask her for a few suggestions for venues because she''s pretty much been everywhere.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Have you been to Cross Timbers in Grapevine? I think we are stopping there too. Sounds like your Mom has a fantastic job! :)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I live ner Austin! The Austin Club in downtown is surprisingly inexpensive. About $22/ person for a sit down dinner including venue rental. Its a dining club and in an historical opera building I believe. The only thing really pricey is the alcohol. You must buy from them and its like $5/glass of wine. They do have champagne punch for $40ish/gallon though. My reception will be in Lockhart which is just south of Austin. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you the info for the place. We are getting an amazing deal there!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t even heard of Cross Timbers Vineyard..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results