shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a bridal make up and hairdresser pls....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I need help finding a salon to do my bridal make up and hairdresser. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I was thinking of asking my own hairdresser but thought I ask around here first.

So, what criteria should I be looking for, what kind of budget I should be aiming for, and where should I go to find my options.

I will be wearing an ivory strapless dress, a veil, a tiara, and I want my hair to be half up do but I am open to any style.

Any advice or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
35.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You might do better to look at your local knot or projectwedding pages. We''re all over the place here and won''t be able to recommend specific people.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Did you want your stylist/artist to come to you...or are you willing to travel on the day of?

If you want on-call service, expect to pay freelance fee's which is usually higher than salon prices. This takes into account product and such. It's hard to estimate a budget for you because so much depends on who you get, what their reputation is, and what they personally charge. You could expect to pay anything from 200.00 to 2,000.00...it's all relative.

In the salon, go with who you know. If your stylist is good and your comfortable with them and the lines of communication are open...have a trial done with them.

If you're trying to find on-call service, Partypop.com or Projectwedding.com or Craigslist.org or Modelmayhem.com are good launch points for your search.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for the reply. That was quick.

Yes, I thought of knot.com to find these. But I like to get my thoughts out here first just to discuss. You see, I wish my mom is here so I can discuss this with her. My best friend live in Canada and she has never been married so she can''t give me any input. All input I got I pretty much rely on the good ladies here in pricescope. You all been helping me a lot before also. Though you may not know it.

So, back to this issue, my dress is being altered now and it will be back with me in Dec, is it advisable to go and try out make up and hair without my dress. I have my tiara but no veil yet. Obviously I should get a veil first or can the salon advice me on this part as well, or should I get my veil anyway and let them figure it out.

What would you do in my shoes? I''m so confuse and nervous now.
32.gif

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Im in the so cal area, used to do freelance makeup in the LA area. When I did bridal makeup, my fee would be between 350 and 500. Pretty much the same as anyone else in the area. Btw, this depends on type of product, etc. This did include a trial run, fwiw. If you have someone you trust with your hair, I would stick with them. But like Italia said, just do lots of homework on your makeup artist, ask to see portfolios if they dont have them online already. ( I never did, just worked by word-of-mouth) ETA- Im not sure if you are on a budget or not, but if you are, some of the better makeup schools in the LA area ( not a cosmo school MAKEUP) might be able to recommend someone who is just starting out, therefore cheaper. My school used to do that. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results