shape
carat
color
clarity

help me decide! this or that (with pics)

1st or 2nd?

• just show me the result please

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2nd dress

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone! so here i am again putting a second photo of myself (sorta) on PS. you ladies have all been helpful and i would like to get your advice on which dress to pick. i''ve narrowed it down to this two beautiful yet very different dresses ("TORN" is an understatement)

the dresses can be viewed here: this OR that?

i don''t think PS allows you to delete photos posted and i''m just worried that FI might end up in this page and ruin my surprise
6.gif

DON''T comment on the photos from that link PLEASE! Just put your votes on this thread please.

thank you in advance for all the responses!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I just love the sparkle of the 1st one, but I always lean toward the glitzy dresses! I think it suited your figure beautifully too! Love it!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I love dress 1 but I think it''s too boob-a-licious. Unless you want to highlight "the girls" on your big day, I''d go with dress 2.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dress 2. I think #1 is lovely, but it seems to be wearing you, rather than you wearing it...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 10:31:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Dress 2. I think #1 is lovely, but it seems to be wearing you, rather than you wearing it...

Freke, I was trying to figure out how to phrase what I was thinking and I was at a loss...you just did it for me!

Definitely dress 2. My SO also says Dress 2...so add another (unofficial) vote.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
3 reasons I chose dress #2, it makes your figure look longer and leaner, it has an obvious point at the waist to be shortened (from what I can see), and you look FABULOUS in it!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 10:34:25 PM
Author: vc10um

Freke, I was trying to figure out how to phrase what I was thinking and I was at a loss...you just did it for me!

Agreed - I think you look ravishing in #2!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 11:30:37 PM
Author: sillyberry

Date: 10/13/2009 10:34:25 PM
Author: vc10um

Agreed - I think you look ravishing in #2!
agreed as well!! you looke wonderful in #2!!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I voted the second dress. I agree with someone else that the first dress is wearing you. The second dress also just looks like a better quality dress. (Bear in mind that I have NO background in fashion or sewing!) I think the first dress looks less elegant to me.

However, I''m sure you will be beautiful no matter what you choose!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is a beautiful dress, but I think #2 is much more flattering on your figure!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I can see why you are torn...they both look great on you!! And, they are very different. I chose #1 because it seems more unique and really has that WOW factor. But, I really do love #2, too!!!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the suggestions! keep it coming please!

the 2 dresses are very different and i'm not really going for whats traditional or unique - the reason why i picked both is because of the beadwork and the lace. the 1st dress obviously has a lot of beads at the top but it doesn't show that there are "falling" beads detailing from the waist down. i'm not worried about the twins because i was thinking i could always add a lace cover-up for the church ceremony to make it modest. the 2nd dress is HEAVILY beaded - the whole dress has intricate beading and with the right light, the whole dress will just sparkle!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the second one, it makes you look slender while showing off your curves and the beadwork is fantastic! The details on the second one also seem to show up better in the photos.

Somehow the first one seems a bit too costume-y or something. You look great in it, but the style just doesn''t seem refined enough for a wedding. Maybe you could find something similar for the honeymoon?
31.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
After seeing your thread about your hairstyle and tropiq''s tiara, etc...I''m re-emphasizing number 2! I feel like those things will go much better together than with number 1. I think 1 screams for a more romantic flowy hairstyle because of the flowy nature of the bottom...the second dress, while still being flowy, has a bit more structure IMO and therefore calls for the updo!

Just another 2 cents from me!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO there is absolutely NO contest - dress #2!

I think dress #1 is very pretty, but if i''m being completely honest, your figure looks so different in these two dresses, I wouldn''t have even known it was the same person. i REALLY hope i don''t hurt your feelings by saying I think dress #1 just does not do justice to your beautiful figure and makes you look heavier than you are. (sorry!)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 11:36:03 AM
Author: violet3

I think dress #1 is very pretty, but if i''m being completely honest, your figure looks so different in these two dresses, I wouldn''t have even known it was the same person. i REALLY hope i don''t hurt your feelings by saying I think dress #1 just does not do justice to your beautiful figure and makes you look heavier than you are. (sorry!)
Ditto every word.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock

I had the exact same reaction as violet- I had to look at your hair in both sets of photos to make sure it was the same person because your body shape looked so different in both dresses. I also voted for #2. The waist sash that goes right up to your chest on dress #1 isn''t really doing your figure any favors in my opinion. Can you move the sash down/make it not so wide? Perhaps that would help? But still, I think my vote would still be for #2. It''s more sophisticated.

Also, if you need to add a lace cover-up to the top of #1 to make it wearable, I think that kind of defeats the purpose/design of the dress and would just be too much lace going on. I''d go with the dress you can just wear as is. It will make your wedding day so much more pleasant if you don''t have to obsess over needing to constantly tweak, pull, and cover up your ensemble to stay descent!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I voted #2 but I think you should add a satin sash to it. You have a tiny waist and I think dress 2 is beautiful on you but doesn''t highlight your shape...i think if you added a sash it''ll show off your figure! beautiful choices!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 11:46:16 AM
Author: fiery

Ditto every word.
I completely agree! Dress #2 all the way!!!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful. I love the fabric and detail in #1. Flowing and light looking. #2 does make you look taller and shows off your figure a bit better.

If you go with #1, you might have them add a delicate lace insert or something so it doesn''t have as much emphasis on the girls.

I voted for #1, but both are beautiful on you. 2 very different styles and both look great.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I love dress number 1, but I love dress number 2 ON YOU. For some reason, I am not loving the spot just under the waist section on number 1. It makes your hips look kind of odd IMHO. Number 2 on the other hand makes you look long and lean and just makes you look great!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 2:31:24 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
#1 is beautiful and I love how you are beaming in it.. you do have a lot of cleavage and if something even a small lace something could be placed low it would alleviate the boob factor. #2 is also gorgeous in its own right, it is far more traditional, and I have to say, you look more slender in the second dress. Both are vastly different styles.. the first makes you curvier than the second. The first is beautiful as I looked a second time.. again, the second is more traditional. Is there a specific look you're going for?
Ditto. I know we can't see much of your face, but your smile and demeanor while wearing dress #1 looks so happy. So yeah, the girls are out, but I'm sure it's fixable. IMO, dress #2 seems to hang off of you. It still looks nice, but I like #1 better.

ETA: Maybe your body shape looks vastly different between the dresses because you're standing on the small stage while wearing the second one? Sometimes height can make clothing (and wedding dresses for that matter), look different...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results