shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: a raspberry wedding dress for my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My best friend just got engaged, and she wants to get married in a light shade of raspberry pink. No need for it to be a wedding dress. Just a FABULOUS dress. Wedding will be a brunch in a fancy venue.

Anyone have ideas? Post ''em here!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I love these two, but I guess they''re not quite the right colour (well, especially the blue one!)

By Badgley Mischka...

BadgleyM.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
By Vera Wang... this dress is KILLING me! BFF says she loves the cut, but not the square thing.

verawangomg.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
BTW, she's 5'5", slim with some hourglass action around the hips and the 'girls'. And she's a redhead with creamy skin.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Indy, I hope this doesn''t offend, but I don''t think the drop styles look so hot on gals with curves. I would go with something that has a clear waist and some kind of a-line to slim the hips and accentuate her slim waist.

My fave for gowns is Watters and Watters - I considered ordering a BM dress in white for a long time. Here''s one that I thought looked a little funky and fresh, but there are tons on the site:
http://watters.com/product.php?coll=watters&showid=545#

And here''s one from Ann Taylor if she''s interested in going tea length (although the color might be brighter than what she wants) -

atcelebration.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, you''re totally right about the curves. I think a woman has to be about 6'' tall to really rock those dresses. They sure are yummy though!

I think the Ann Taylor and J.Crew options, though lovely, are going to be too tame for her. She is VERY much a character.

That Nicole Miller Neatfreak posted is yummy (though, uh, of course I think so!) and the colour is scumprtious. I think she''ll love that one. And the middle one from Neiman, though that might be a bit old for her. I''ll send her a link to the thread so she can keep up on her own.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:03:10 PM
Author: Independent Gal
That Nicole Miller Neatfreak posted is yummy (though, uh, of course I think so!) and the colour is scumprtious. I think she''ll love that one. And the middle one from Neiman, though that might be a bit old for her. I''ll send her a link to the thread so she can keep up on her own.

The one from Neiman might look rocking on someone with the right curves though! At least that was my thought!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No suggestions for dress, but I''m lovin these shoes!!!
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

angiety2k

Shiny_Rock
I just had to chime in! I love the color pink and I really wanted to be married in pink, but I only get married once! (plus everything else can be pink)
12.gif
I adore this dress! I actually have a Davids bridal version in white. Its the Brittanya by Maggie Sottero, Hope this helps!

BrittanyaC.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hey, IG, would she consider buying a dress from www.wai-ching.com? I wanted to get married in a wai-ching dress--I love how unique they are and they can be made in any material, there are several in the raspberry color palette. Your friend sounds like a cool chica and I think she''d love having a funky, unique dress that is tailored to her.

I know there is a thread on indiebride devoted to wai-ching and everybody seems to love it.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
BFF loves the Nicole Miller neatfreak picked out (oh, and I think her curves aren't quite curvy enough... think size 2, 30C, but I see where you were heading!)

NEL That Wai-Ching stuff is definitely promising! I'll see if she likes it too...

Ericsprincess, thanks for the suggestion, I see why you like that dress, the colour is gorgeous! But given her taste, I don't think my friend would be caught dead in it. That is a very princess-y dress and she ain't nobody's princess.
2.gif
3.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t seem to post pics, but the L''Arbre Bleu and Antionette are my favorites. Imagine them in a red or pink. Yum!

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
i saw the blue vera wang dress a while ago and contemplated not getting married in anything near white. then i asked myself if i was going to be attending anything remotely fancy enough to wear that dress some time soon. then i reminded myself that i''m a new (but 30) graduate who intends to aggressively save for a home. don''t own that dress, sure would love to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results