shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello to all (my intro)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Just thought I''d let you all know a little about the new girl...
We just got engaged July 20, and are planning on a wedding in the snow, Feb. 2, 2008!
I know that I can do it in 6 months, but I will need lots of help along the way, and since I''ve already learned a lot in my days as a "lurker" I thought I''d join in on the fun now that I''m official.
37.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Happy in Love!
35.gif
Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif

You can definitely plan a wedding in that time, you''ll just stay pretty busy! I bet a winter wedding will be very pretty. Any ideas on what you''d like so far?

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!
Oh yes, ideas haven't been a problem... executing them is my concern. I am just realizing that where we are looking, everything is more expensive in the winter because it's a ski/snowbard area. The wedding fees are the same, but the accommodations for guests are a lot higher than if we wait until April. We also have our hearts set on doing the ceremony in the snow, and having heaters, stretchy gloves and blankets for our guests. Unfortunatelly, most of the places we have been talking to wont set up their chairs and ceremony things outside if there is snow
7.gif

We are driving up Aug. 4 to tour a few places and *hopefully* we can nail down some things!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
A wedding in the snow, provided there are lots of heaters and blankets, sounds fun! Maybe you could do it somewhere less traditional, like a park so that you can put the chairs wherever you want. Then maybe do the reception at one of the inside areas.

Good luck searching out locations! That is absolutely the hardest part! You will find all things (well, most things!) get easier after the date/location/budget are set.

Just saw your avatar/ring! Very pretty!

Congrats again.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome welcome welcome!!

Just a quick Q - I''m a Canadian (so know snow all too well
40.gif
) where are you thinking of having your wedding? US? Canada? State?

The fun has just begun!
25.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
We are in California so we are looking at places in the Lake Tahoe area (splits the CA and Nevada border)
Thanks for the welcome!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Tahoe is so pretty and a winter wedding there would be gorgeous! My best friend went to a wedding there in springtime that was gorgeous as well. I hope it works out. Good luck!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, hil! Congratulations on your engagement!

As I live in Northern CA, I have been to a few winter weddings in Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City that were absolutely stunning! Froze my a$$ off at a couple of them, mind you, but the setting can''t be beat, that''s for sure!

Are you set on an outdoor wedding? I went to one where the actual ceremony was performed out on a large deck of one of the resorts (it had been cleared of snow, but it was still in a "snowy" setting) and then the reception was in a nice, toasty room directly attached to the porch/deck. They intentionally kept the ceremony short and sweet as they did not want everyone to freeze to death, which was nice for someone like me who is ALWAYS cold!

I love the idea of blankets and mittens! You''ll have to let us know how your scavenger hunt for locations goes tomorrow!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Oohh winter wedding sounds magical!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results