shape
carat
color
clarity

hairstyle help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having trouble!

I feel like i''ve spent a week looking for a good wedding hairstyle and i still can''t find anything that i am crazy about. I want my hair up and out of my face, but not a so much the standard, freeze-dried curly updo that i got every year for homecoming. my hair will be about shoulder length, but i''m willing to get extensions, so length shouldn''t be an issue.

these are the things i''m working with:
I want to wear my cathedral length veil really low in my hair for the ceremony
I want to wear a comb/barrette with a flower or feathers or something during the ceremony (no tiara or headband)
I want to switch out my veil and wear a birdcage veil for the reception that''s fastened to a decorative comb (a different one than the one worn for the ceremony)

I''m guessing that I will need to wear my hair sort of swept to the side to accommodate for the combs that will be worn? but maybe not? Also, i''ll need to be able to easily take out the first veil and comb and put in the second without totally undoing my hairstyle.

help me girls!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It would really help if you posted pics of some of your hair accessories so we have a better idea of what you need in a style.
Are you looking for something simple or ornate? Classic or modern? Sophisticated or something more girly?
Here is a very low bun, since you want to wear your veil low:
http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=4285&type=3&wedding_details=Hair&pageIndex=4
This one could work:
http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=316&type=3&wedding_details=Hair&pageIndex=5
Here is something simple but nice:
http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=22910&type=3&wedding_details=Hair

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that hairstyle, so simple and elegant!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That french roll is so pretty! Here are some other hair up pics

cuteuphair.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 11:00:32 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
It would really help if you posted pics of some of your hair accessories so we have a better idea of what you need in a style.

Are you looking for something simple or ornate? Classic or modern? Sophisticated or something more girly?

Here is a very low bun, since you want to wear your veil low:

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=4285&type=3&wedding_details=Hair&pageIndex=4

This one could work:

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=316&type=3&wedding_details=Hair&pageIndex=5

Here is something simple but nice:

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=22910&type=3&wedding_details=Hair

thanks so much for the links hussy! (can i call you hussy?)

I guess if there would be one word to describe what i am looking for it would be ''whimsical''. my FI likes it when i go gypsy with my hair (curly and loose), so i don''t think a tight hairstyle is what i''m looking for. It doesn''t even have to be all back, just out of my face (so maybe half up?)

I don''t have my hair accessories yet, but here''s a picture of what i''m sort of going for

comb1.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks bee! the first one is really pretty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some beautiful styles Bee!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 8:32:34 AM
Author: Lorelei

They''re kind of half making me want an up do now! Think I''ll stick with hair down though but they are tempting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2008 8:42:25 AM
Author: bee*

They''re kind of half making me want an up do now! Think I''ll stick with hair down though but they are tempting.
Have you had a trial run with some updo''s Miss Bee?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 8:52:22 AM
Date: 1/21/2008 8:42:25 AM

Author: bee*

Have you had a trial run with some updo''s Miss Bee?

Nope not yet. I''m not getting married until June 09 so I haven''t done too much wedding planning yet. My hair is nearly down to my behind so I was thinking of having it lose and maybe putting some clips in it kind of like this. My hairdresser did a similar style recently for me when I had a night out and it looked great.

beepossweddinghair.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really pretty and I often wear mine like that as it is naturally wavy, easy and a lovely style for a wedding!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I''m kind of hoping to look like a nicer done up version of myself for my wedding and I usually have my hair down (it''s very straight), so at least this way I''ll be looking like myself but my hair will just be a bit wavier.

Sorry for the threadjack
4.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Bee- I''m planning on wearing my hair the same way! Jessica Simpson''s wedding hair was also my inspiration as I never wear my hair up and normally wear it straight. It''s slightly different and more glamorous but still me.

Mimzy- If your FI loves your hair curly, then perhaps you can "glamorize" that look. Wear it curly and down but swept up on one side with one of your combs. You should still be able to wear both of your veils with that.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always liked the look of an updo with structured waves, and I think it would go well with a birdcage/vintage look.

I kinda hate this make-up though.

hairstyleohg825.jpg

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I love how Katherine Heigl did her hair for last year's Golden Globe.

ETA: Maybe it was the Emmy's...

Katherine Heigl-64th GGlobe.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Love this one. It''s a little more...romantic than the traditional wedding updos.

updo.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVED Felicity Huffman''s hair at an awards show a few years ago.. Here are two pictures of it. First, from the side:

huffman_030606_238x340.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again hussy (those links are great - i''ll definitely look at the site more later) and everyone else. I am really getting some ideas now! you guys are all great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results