shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Trial and Bridal Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I wasn''t so shy to show my whole face - I''ll hopefully move passed my shyness by the time our wedding rolls around, but I wanted to get a few opinions on the whole shebang. I had my hair trial the same day that I had my bridal pictures last week. I have short hair - think the Katie Holmes bob....so I was very excited at the outcome of my hair - it looks like i have a LOT of hair and LONG hair!

First pic - side view of hair - not very clear, but you can see my feathery flower :)

Side View Flower.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Front view with my flowers - what do you think of the flowers? I''ve not decided if I like those light pink "filler" flowers....

Flower View Front Dress.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Last picture - whole back view of dress and flowers....this is the last picture - I only took FOUR....that''s it! I can''t believe it....not even a good front view of the hair....my mom was slacking....But I''ll post my bridals when I get those in!

Back View Dress and Flowers.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I should mention that my one stipulation about my hair was that it be out of my face! I''m having an August wedding in Louisiana....that''s NEVER a good thing!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Oooh!!! How pretty! Sucha gorgeous dress and I think your hair is darn pretty too! I am also going to be a Louisiana bride (but not until Dec 2009). Where are you getting married?? I might need to borrow some resources!
31.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''m South Louisiana - by Lafayette! December will be a great time to get married! Where are you?????

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think everything looks great. Your flowers are so summery!
36.gif

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:26:22 PM
Author: Cleopatra
I''m South Louisiana - by Lafayette! December will be a great time to get married! Where are you?????
I''m in Baton Rouge! So, were close to each other. I just got engaged about a month ago and am trying to just start thinking about things, like photographer and dress shops, etc. I think we are going to have to ceremony and reception at White Oak Plantation in BR, so that is pretty much taken care of. We just have to go next month and book it. Any advice, good places to go, etc?? Thanks!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:27:26 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Personally, I think everything looks great. Your flowers are so summery!
36.gif

Thanks Sarah! I do love the colors of the flowers.... but I almost want MORE color!

I wanted to go for a fun look - Sort of vintage hair with a modern dress...I think I like the look!

Thanks!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:29:22 PM
Author: kbarro1

I''m in Baton Rouge! So, were close to each other. I just got engaged about a month ago and am trying to just start thinking about things, like photographer and dress shops, etc. I think we are going to have to ceremony and reception at White Oak Plantation in BR, so that is pretty much taken care of. We just have to go next month and book it. Any advice, good places to go, etc?? Thanks!

I live in BR too! GEAUX TIGERS!
I got my dress from Bridal Boutique, but after being on PS for so long and seeing how many ladies have gotten beautiful gowns at AMAZING prices from Pearl''s Place in Metairie, I kind of regret not going there to look! It might be useful to check them out!

White Oak is going to be amazing! If my FI and my family weren''t from Lafayette, I would have definitely booked our wedding there! Lucky girl!

My photographer is out of Baton Rouge and I couldn''t be more happy with him! He''s so creative and great prices! Here''s his website!

If you need any help, just yell out for me! I''d be happy to give you any help I can!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:34:41 PM

Date: 6/2/2008 9:29:22 PM
Author: kbarro1

I live in BR too! GEAUX TIGERS!
I got my dress from Bridal Boutique, but after being on PS for so long and seeing how many ladies have gotten beautiful gowns at AMAZING prices from Pearl''s Place in Metairie, I kind of regret not going there to look! It might be useful to check them out!

White Oak is going to be amazing! If my FI and my family weren''t from Lafayette, I would have definitely booked our wedding there! Lucky girl!

My photographer is out of Baton Rouge and I couldn''t be more happy with him! He''s so creative and great prices! Here''s his website!

If you need any help, just yell out for me! I''d be happy to give you any help I can!
Yay! Geauz Tigers! I had to plan my wedding around football season! I guess that''s how you know your fiance is a true Tiger fan!
2.gif
I had strict instructions not to have it the first weekend in December b/c that would be the playoff game if they go! How funny! I obliged, though, so it will be on the 12th. I just emailed the photographer you have! His pics look like they capture your personality! I am interested to see his price list as I have had sticker shock with some of the ones I have seen! I have emailed a few and have had no responses yet!
40.gif
I wonder if it just takes a while....

I am pretty excited about White Oak! I keep looking at the website thinking how amazing it is going to be! I can''t wait!!!

I had never heard of Pearl''s Place. I will have to go there b/c I know nothing about bridal stores in BR. I didn''t even realize there were as many as there are until I googled it the other day!

Thanks for your suggestions and good luck with your wedding in Lafayette! When will it be? I will certainly look you up if I need any more help!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:44:55 PM

Yay! Geauz Tigers! I had to plan my wedding around football season! I guess that''s how you know your fiance is a true Tiger fan!
2.gif
I had strict instructions not to have it the first weekend in December b/c that would be the playoff game if they go! How funny! I obliged, though, so it will be on the 12th. I just emailed the photographer you have! His pics look like they capture your personality! I am interested to see his price list as I have had sticker shock with some of the ones I have seen! I have emailed a few and have had no responses yet!
40.gif
I wonder if it just takes a while....

I am pretty excited about White Oak! I keep looking at the website thinking how amazing it is going to be! I can''t wait!!!

I had never heard of Pearl''s Place. I will have to go there b/c I know nothing about bridal stores in BR. I didn''t even realize there were as many as there are until I googled it the other day!

Thanks for your suggestions and good luck with your wedding in Lafayette! When will it be? I will certainly look you up if I need any more help!

"I had to plan my wedding around football season! I guess that''s how you know your fiance is a true Tiger fan!"

Hence, my August 2nd wedding! Not a chance of a game! LOL - too funny! I would have had to have a big screen at my reception if the wedding were during football season!

Chris is good at getting back to people very quickly - it may take 24 hours, but he''ll respond!

A few other shops in BR to look for dresses are: Bridal Boutique, Bustle, Jeanine''s and in New Orleans: Pearl''s Place, Town and Country, and a few others (memory is slipping)...GOOD LUCK! You''re the first Baton Rouge PSer that I''ve met! Yay!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i had a la wedding too. if you need any vendor help let me know
9.gif

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Cleopatra-Thanks for all of the suggestions! I cant wait to start shopping! Also, too funny that we LA girls have to plan around football. He doesn''t care that much about planning the wedding except that it isn''t on a football day! Go figure....

jcrow-You may have just given me my honeymoon spot! You posted in my other thread and Ladera is AMAZING! Such good info you have!

Okay, for both of you girls, did you/are you having a DJ or a band at your reception. I need a good one for my crazy dancing family! I would LOVE to have a good band, but know it is often more affordable to have a DJ.

Also, this is sort of random, but how much should I expect to pay for flowers... I am just going to have the basics, bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet, boutenniers (is that how you spell that?!?!) for groomsmen and family. I am doing something different on the tables, so I wont need flowers there. I was trying to write out my budget and I have never had any experience with flower prices, so any help would be great!

Thanks!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Oh and Cleopatra, I forgot to tell you how much I like the flower in your hair! So stylish like Sex and the City...maybe I should call you Carrie!
emteeth.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think you look beautiful!!

BTW, blocking out only your eyes doesn''t give you any privacy!!
31.gif

Your beautiful smile would give you away.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful hair trial!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I love your hair!!! The flowers look great, but I would maybe change the small orange ones (roses?), by either replacing them with something bigger or adding more flowers in other colors that are the same size. The other flowers are all similar in size, so having just a couple small ones seemed a little off.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 6:38:37 AM
Author: Sabine
I love your hair!!! The flowers look great, but I would maybe change the small orange ones (roses?), by either replacing them with something bigger or adding more flowers in other colors that are the same size. The other flowers are all similar in size, so having just a couple small ones seemed a little off.

Sabine - by god I think you''ve got it! There was something bothering me about the bouquet and I couldn''t pinpoint it! And once you said "smaller orange flowers" - it clicked! Great eye!!! THANK YOU!!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:59:57 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I think you look beautiful!!

BTW, blocking out only your eyes doesn''t give you any privacy!!
31.gif

Your beautiful smile would give you away.
9.gif

Ha! Thank you miracle! Yeah I know - you could probably guess what I look like without that black line! hehe....But, hey - I''ve come a long way from chopping my head completely off! Maybe when my bridal pictures come in (in about 2 weeks), I''ll post them completely and I''ll feel liberated!
9.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! I really, really love the hair! I can''t believe that you have short hair! It certainly doesn''t look like it! Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results