shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Trial #2 - Is it a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I had my second hair trial on Saturday with my wonderful stylist!
21.gif
I originally wanted a half-up/half-down style for my July wedding (see my original hair/makeup trial thread here), but decided to try an updo since my hair didn''t hold the curl very well after the first trial.

Front view....I am not wearing any makeup like I was at the last trial, so my skin looks HORRIBLE!
7.gif

Oh yeah, she put 7 twists to the back instead of 5 to give it a tighter, more polished look!

Hair Trial 2-1.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Top view of the twisties!
1.gif

Hair Trial 2-2.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Back view....It''s a little frizzy, but she didn''t use too much hairspray since it was just a trial run! I think that I will like not having to worry about my hair drooping or losing curl!
2.gif

Hair Trial 2-3.JPG

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Last one...side view! You can see the tighter twists. My dad actually thought it looked like cornrows since you can see a bit of my scalp! Do any of you think that will be a problem once I have on my tiara and veil?

Hair Trial 2-4.JPG

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I really like it!! It looks very romantic from the back and it will be really nice to have something that will hold through the ceremony, dancing and a whole night of fun!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that once my tiara is put in, my stylist is planning on adding a little bit of height to the curls behind it to add some volume!!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks shidigidi! The 'romantic' look you mentioned is exactly what I was going for! I am planning on taking my veil off for the reception, but still wanted my hair to look bridal!

One more add-on....for Gypsy....can you tell I am trying to grow my eyebrows in? It is such a pain in the you-know-what, but it is getting there! Thanks for all of your input!
1.gif

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Laura,

Your hair looks lovely.

This may be a dumb question but did she do the twists then curl it or curl all of it first? Also what kind of pin did she use to hold the twist in place? I''m only asking because I''m doing my own hair and looking for tips.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Laurie2 -

My stylist put all of my hair up in velcro rollers, then I sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes (kinda boring)! HaHa!

When she took out the rollers, my hair had a lot of volume and curl!
1.gif
For the twists, she used basic bobby pins, but put them in from the back to the front so that the open end would not stick out! She did have to use a curling iron on a few sections to tighten the curl in the back before she pinned it up.

Good luck finding a style you like! What were you looking for...all up/all down/half-up?

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I think I want an updo or half updo. I did one trial with a stylist that was a half updo and here''s the problem. I have tons of hair and when it was all curled I looked like a wild woman. My FI just wants me to wear it how I always do. He says he wants me to look like me. But I thought I''d give a few more styles a try at home and see if he likes it.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
Also I forgot to mention that my hair isn''t near as long as yours. My avitar picture was taken on May 3, so its a tad longer than that now.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Laurie -

My fiance is the same way....he actually liked my 1st hair trial on me better because I ALWAYS wear my hair down. He told me that I should just do my hair by myself and save money! HaHa!

I just figured that I will only be a bride once, so I should do something special with my hair!

You said you have a lot of hair, but maybe a half updo without a bunch of curl would look good on you. That way, it will be off of your face, but still down in the back so that your FI will be happy!
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look lovely especially with your tiara! I love the back especially.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I love the back of your hair, but I''m not totally sold on the side view. Maybe you could have bigger, more loose twists on the sides so your scalp dosen''t show? How do you feel about the side view of it having looked at the pictures? Anyways it only matters if you love it. By the way I love your makeup pictures from your first trial.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
LauraSLP07 - i love love the front and back view of this hairstyle -- so much better than the other one you posted. however, like RLG and your dad, i am not really feeling the side view. i think it will be distracting in pictures with your dress if your scalp is showing like that. can your hairdresser modify the sides so that they don't show any scalp?

and i have to say --- you totally don't need very much makeup. i think in your last makeup trial she put too much color on your lips and shaped then in a not flattering way. i LOVE the way they look in these pics. maybe if she can just put a more natural lip gloss color on your lips cause they look really fabulous as is in these shots!

hope this helps

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the back with all those curls. I''m always amazed that hair stylists can do something like that. It looks great!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! I agree that the front and back views are STUNNING.
30.gif
Maybe she can gently pull it all back from your face without the twists?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
RLG - Thanks for your input....I''m glad you liked the makeup from my first post!
21.gif
My scalp showing doesn''t bother me too much. I think it actually makes the twists more noticeable. I still may see if my stylist can try loose twists, but definately don''t want my hair to be taller than my tiara in the front! I am not having another trial, so I will have to put my faith in her on the BIG day!

ringster - I can see how the scalp showing could be a distraction in side-view pictures on the BIG day...like I told RLG, I will definately try some loose twists and see if it looks any better! Thanks for the compliment on my lips! The makeup artist definately used lip liner to fill-in my lips during my trial, which I told her I NEVER wear! Perhaps just a natural lip gloss would be more natural and easier to reapply!

ZoeBartlett - Thanks! My stylist is amazing and had my hair up in less than 25 minutes. It might take a little bit longer the day of because she will be hairspraying more and using twice as many bobby pins to hold everything in place better!

Irish Breakfast - Thank you for the compliment!
1.gif
I think that I am going to keep the twists because I worry that it will look to plain from the front view if it was just pulled back.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
ive got to agree with ur dad..i love the front and the back view, but the side view made the whole hairstyle seem all of a sudden like a teenager typa thing...i dunno...it doesnt have the same ''vibe'' as it did from the back/front..i think thats mostly coz it feels ''tight'' with ur scalp showing rather than loose and flowing?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You have gorgeous skin.

I love the hair from the back, but the twists are a little severe. A similar look could be created without your scalp showing but still keeping it interesting from other angles.

Just browsing briefly I found...

looser look..jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...I love the back but the whole scalp thingy doesn''t really work for me. It isnt'' as flattering as it could be and I think it could be the oen thing you look back on and say ''hmm...maybe that wasn''t the best call."

There is an old poster who had stunning hair that was quite similar - Chellebelle. Check out her picture post. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chellebelles-non-pro-pics.69344/

It has a similar look to what you are going for but the sides/top are softer.

I think you are on to something with the look, but it just needs that one or two tweaks to make it perfect!!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
laura you are lovely!

i want to spread the SLP love and say that i agree your makeup is fantastic, and the back of your hair is beautiful. i have to unfortunately agree about the twists - they were SUPER popular my sophomore year of high school for homecoming, and maybe that''s the reason i can''t get over it, but they seem a bit trendy and/or teenager-y like someone else said. BUT if you love them, and you are POSITIVE that you aren''t going to regret going with that look fifteen years from now, then go for it. do what makes you happy
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My teeny tiny two cents--the twists look dated to me. Like mimzy, that''s ALL anyone wore my freshman and sophomore years of highschool. I like the changes that IWPO suggested.

The back looks lovely.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate everyone''s input! I usually try to address everyone''s post individually, but the overall consensus seems too be that I should think about something different....boo!
3.gif

I, of course, don''t want to look ''dated'' as some of you mentioned, but I personally hate it when it looks like a girl is wearing a ponytail from the front and has it all fancy in the back. I wanted something that flows from the front to the back.

What if I just have my stylist do just 5 twists again (like in trial #1) instead of 7? I know for a fact that they were a bit looser and my scalp wasn''t showing! Maybe it would flow more with the romantic look of the back! What do you all think?

P.S. Mimzy - Thanks for the SLP shout-out! HaHa!
35.gif
How is grad school????

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I understand your concern about the ponytail look in the front. How about a little volume in the front that way i looks like more than just a ponytail in the front? A deep side part?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
BTW - This was my inspiration picture for my 1st trial. What do you ladies think the stylist did different with the twists on this girl''s side view that you can''t see her scalp?

twist front half updoa.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 3:15:25 PM
Author: LauraSLP07

but I personally hate it when it looks like a girl is wearing a ponytail from the front and has it all fancy in the back. I wanted something that flows from the front to the back.

i think with the dress, makeup, shoes, veil, and surrounding decor/groom/bridal party/etc it will not at all look like you are wearing a ponytail from the front. don''t know if that makes you feel better about that look.

there is also something really nice about have that sort of classic look at the front and then the wow when seen from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results