shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair and Makeup Trials and Final Fitting! Pics inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I had my hair and makeup trials this weekend and I had so much fun! The hair trial was awesome and the only thing I''m going to change is the amount of hairspray we used because the curls and my swoopy bangs fell a bit throughout the day. I had a makeup trial at the salon where I''m getting my hair done as well. The makeup was absolutely awful!!! Seriously, a disaster. I had to go straight from the hair and makeup trial to my final fitting (I was actually late getting there) so my final fitting pics have the hideous makeup
7.gif
, but as soon as we left the final fitting, my awesome maid of honor took me to the mall to the MAC counter to get my makeup fixed and to schedule an appointment there. The MAC counter did a MUCH better job and instead of paying $37 + tip to have my makeup done at the salon, I''m now going to have it done at the MAC counter at the mall and I just have to buy $40 worth of products. So, without further ado, here are the pics!

Here I am pre hair and makeup:

premakeuptrial.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
back of my hair:

robbie3982stephenshair2.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
front with tiara comb and veil. I definitely want my bangs to be up out of my face a bit more. We'll have to work on that the day of:

robbie3982stephenshair1.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And now for the scary pics lol. The eyelashes they used were so awful and she put them on totally different on both eyes! And the eyeliner was like an inch thick! Not to mention that the lipliner is totally uneven and kind of off of my lips...Makeup at the salon:

robbie3982stephensmu2.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I felt like I looked like a drag queen and it sucked walking around looking like this until I had MAC fix it. It was seriously hours. I gave the girl a picture of my makeup from my cousin's wedding and this was her way of reproducing it...You can really see how uneven the lips are here. I'm really dreading calling to cancel because I went to HS w/ this girl and she recognized me. Ugh. I'm going to have to have all of my BMs cancel too:

robbie3982stephensmakeuptri.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Please try to ignore the fact that I still have the hideous makeup on at this point. My dress is done! One whole fitting early!

robbie3982finalfittingfront.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
side

robbie3982finalfittingside.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
the first time I''ve actually seen the train of my dress all arranged perfectly!

robbie3982finalfittingtrain.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
My bustle! I LOVE it!

robbie3982finalfittingbustl.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
MAC counter makeup:

robbie3982macmakeup3.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing the half lashes. Do you think it looks weird that they''re only half?

robbie3982macmakeup1.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Sooo much happier with my makeup now:

robbie3982macmakeup4.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
One of the eye colors she used is called "Phloof." As soon as I saw it I knew I had to wear it because I sometimes call FI "Phloof." Lol. We''re very weird
1.gif

robbie3982macmakeup2.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, the salon completely ''PHLOOFED'' your beautiful face. MAC did a spectacular job though. I don''t think the half lashes look weird at all. I think they''re great. And I love the hair. And the dress. Wow. Kinda makes me all teary. My Bridol all dressed up in her bride gear. It''s perfect. Really wonderful.
35.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Robbie, that makeup from the salon is horrific!! When you said it was bad I thought maybe you just meant it was in poor taste or bad colors or something, but I can''t believe how bad the application was! Almost anyone could do better than that by themselves....with their eyes closed!

The MAC version, however, is lovely!
10.gif
However, I do think I prefer you with the full lashes from your flower girl makeup. I think the lashes just at the outside would work better if they were slightly thinner, but right now the line where they end stands out too strongly for my taste.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
hahahahahaha omg.....seriously......seriously.....that first pic of you with the salon make-up!!! lmfao!!!
You are such a good sport to come on here and show us what they did to your poor beautiful face!

The mac make-up is awesome though...as is your hair and your dress! I''m so excited for you!!!!!!!

Oh, and I don''t think the eye-lashes look bad at all!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hehe thanks IG!

Ladyciel, thanks! I''m thinking I might actually go with 7''s for the wedding. I bought them once and loved them and I think they actually look a bit more natural than the 3''s I had at my cousin''s wedding. Here''s a pic of what they looked like when I put them on myself. I don''t think I have much else on my eyes in this pic:

Thanks Luckystar! That salon makeup was just too bad to not post. It''s just hysterical that a salon (a very upscale nice one mind you) would let a customer walk out the door looking like that!

dressing-up-017.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a closed eye shot of the 7''s:

dressing-up-016.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I like the 7''s best; they brighten your eyes! You have lovely eyes but they look nicer w/7''s; just my 2 cents.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Robbie, I love the MAC makeup! It makes your eyes POP in a sultry kind of way!

And I am so jealous that you know anything about lashes!! Where did you get yours from- they are just awesome!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
robbie,
wow, glad you''re going to MAC!
(i seriously thought you were exaggerating (sp?) when you said how bad it was at the salon. wow)
your dress, veil, hair and everything looks great

36.gif
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Robbie, thank you sooo much for the chuckles!

I cannot believe they actually made you PAY for that makeup disaster, and you are such a good sport for sharing it with us all. Definitely a good reminder for all of us to do a trial run before our wedding day, too...

You look absolutely stunning with the MAC makeup on, and your dress and veil are to die for! I love the #7 lashes, too...where did you get them?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! I think I like the 7''s the best too
1.gif

Shigidigi, the first set of lashes was from the salon, but I''m pretty sure that I saw that they were from Sally Beauty Supply.

The half lashes and the 7''s were from MAC.

Thanks Labbie!

Thanks Harley!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Cow Robbie... its getting sooo close.. and you look fabulous... way to go on the MAC makeup.. WAY better than the first.. sheesh...

and the dress and bustle.. are fabooo!!! lovely.. just lovely!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jaders!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Yay! You look great!!! The MAC makeup definitlly looks much better, but you look so beautiful in your dress!!! Love the bustle too! :D

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Hi Robbie, I haven''t been around lately so I probably missed the last pics you posted of your dress. But all I can say is WOW! You look beautiful! I love, LOVE your dress!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Has your fiance seen it yet? Because if he hasn''t I guarantee his jaws will drop!

P.S. - I like the MAC makeup a lot better too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
MAC does a WAY better job than any salon I''ve ever been to. I have had some hideous makeup at some weddings...hideous, from salons. Big, big, big fan of MAC. It''s the only stuff I use.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your hair and the MAC makeup. And, OMG, that salon makeup
32.gif
! You could tell them that a friend is doing your makeup as a gift or something...or you don''t really need an excuse at all to break the appointment.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks April!

JenStone, thank you! FI saw a pic of the dress when I was searching, but it was the one from the Maggie website and it has black instead of oyster. Blegh. I think the picture on the site makes the dress look really hidous. Even that was more than a year ago though and he has the worst memory of all time so he has no idea what it looks like other than that it''s very poofy.

Firegooddess, one reason I booked this salon was because they use Aveda products and I actually really like Aveda makeup. I had a makeup application with it at the salon where I get my hair cut in Youngstown and I LOVED the way they did my makeup. I seriously can''t believe this girl was using the same products! I really like MAC products too. I love their lipstick that stays on all day. I''m definitely going to be buying that, the lashes obviously and I''m thinking the oil control stuff they use as well as the foundation. I don''t have a good foundation.

Thanks Selkie! I called and cancelled and I was so happy that they didn''t ask why I was cancelling myself and my whole bridal party. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results