shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy Wedding Update and life update.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, as usual recently I''ve been MIA.

But I wanted to post an update.

SO FIRST... introducing our new VENUE!! Deer Ridge Vineyards!! The pics on here are nice... but the place is nicer in person, I think.

http://www.hapscatering.blogspot.com/

YAY! I am so glad we switched venues. We just had our tasting for Deer Ridge (Hap''s Catering) and it was really AWESOME. Not even comparable. So far everyone at Deer Ridge and at Haps have been really great (cross your fingers).

We picked our menu today. I have to send the RSVP update to the invite vendor who is anxiously awaiting the information (because we aren''t doing paired entree''s anymore, we we doing single ones so we have to have the guests RSVP for their choice now). The food is going to be really good. WHEW! And their servers speak English and have actually caterered events before and been trained for them!

I changed the floral order as the reception room is much nicer than the one at Garre. I am now doing high and low centerpieces as the venue has lovely candelabra we can use for the center of the low centerpiece tables (which will have the candelabra in the center and three satellite arrangements clustered around with votive candles). I also nixed the floral arrangements on the chairs for the ceremony and replaced them with two large arrangements for either side of the altar as the ceremony site has a lovely view, and no arch thingy like Garre had. The arrangements will be on columns.

I informed all the vendors that the venue had changed.

I went for my first dress fitting a couple of weeks ago, and have my next one in two weeks. I love my gown and I think it''s (finally) the perfect one. I''ve also heard even more raves about my seamstress so I think the design changes I requested are going to be made without any problems (WHEW!).

I have no processional music.
40.gif

I forgot to get our marriage license this week... so I need to figure out what hours they are open and see when we can get that taken care of.

I also forgot to go and get the forms for John''s uncle to fill out and notarize so that he can be our officiant.

(Violet02 if you read this... what was the name of that ceremony planning book you reccommended?)

My mom bought me another hair ornament... it''s lovely and so now I have, count''m folks... FOUR to choose from. LOL.

My BM ordered her dress last week. Didn''t get an ETA or a reciept when she ordered... so I asked her to call and confirm all is well. SO she called them today to find out the dress is due in October (wedding is Sept. 21). Had to rush the order... we''ve had the dress picked out for two years... but what do I know? Fortunately it''s a black cocktail gown... so if something goes wrong there is always Macys. Which is what I actually thought she would do when she found out about the rush... I just figured she''d cancel the order and go out and just buy something... but she didn''t as she was concerned I wouldn''t like the new dress as much as the old. Honestly at this point.... wouldn''t have cared as long as she was happy. She''s my only attendant and its a black dress.

Life update:

Mom''s surgery is a fiasco. I still don''t know if she''s having it done or when.

John injured his back badly... can''t walk or sit... or do much of anything right now and is in a lot of pain.
15.gif

Am adjusting to new job. So far I am happy with the company and my co-workers seem zany and many of them have unique personalities but it''s going okay. The department I work for and the ones they partner with are all a bit chaotic, but they know that and seem to be working hard toward order. The commute is a PITA and we definitely need to move up north. But overall I feel I made the right move and see the possibility of a good future at this company.

Cats are all sick with eye/ upper respiratory infections. Took all three to vet at once. I don''t ever recommend doing this. Especially if one of your carriers is broken so you have to leash one of the cats instead of putting them in a carrier. REALLY don''t reccomend this part. Especially if you forget that the cat is dog PHOBIC and you are going to a vet that has dogs in the a) parking lot b) waiting room and c) hallways.
20.gif
Need to get new carrier this weekend.

One of my favorite cousins is up for the weekend so we have some plans I am looking forward to. That''s about it.

How is everyone?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
YAY gypsy! I was wondering where you were! I come back and you''re like.....gone. haha

So glad you got a new venue and that it is working out for you. It looks and sounds beautiful!

Have you talked to the crazy interviewer lady?

Sorry about your mom.
7.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi lucky... I''ve just been a bit overwelmed and cranky so I decided to stay of the boards in lieu of being cranky on here, LOL.

I am happy with the venue so far. The food presentation was really nice too... so I''m relieved. I think it''s going to work out now.

Crazy interview lady has been suspiciously nice. Took me out to lunch one day. I''m not really sure what to make of her... don''t trust her, but also keeping a mostly open mind and being nice. When I saw her on the first day she seemed concerned and wary about how I was gonna react to her, but I just pretended nothing happened said it was nice to see her again and just shrugged any discomfort off, and she warmed up when she saw I was appeared willing to start over. My cube is right next to hers, so being nice (even if the interview wasn''t an abberation in her personality) is something I''m gonna keep up. No sense in pissing off the natives.

As for mom. Well... I think she''s scared to make a decision. I don''t know how to help her either. Just trying to be supportive.

I just went to see your wedding pics!! HUBBA HUBBA LADY!! You guys are a beautiful couple! I would KILL for your cheek bones! You are so pretty!!! And your wedding just looks like a dream (yes, I still want to elope...lol)-- although it''s too bad it was so meltingly hot. The gazebo, the beach, I love your hubby''s suit and your gown, the flip flops (so cute!) AND your flowers are SO BEAUTIFUL! I love those! ROFLMAO at the dunking! MIL underwear story was disturbing. Seriously. I love your shorter hair (and am admittedly envious!). I am sorry the resort didn''t give you the VIP treatment your cousin got though. I would personally have felt exactly as you did if I knew that they upgraded someone else and overlooked us.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love the new venue! Very nice!!

Here''s the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Wedding-Ceremony-Planner-Essential-Important/dp/1402203438

Sorry to hear about your mom.. and John hurting his back!! Life sounds hectic! Thanks for posting an update I was wondering what happened to you.

I just wrote a really big check for the house we rented and for the day of wedding fee two days ago and had a mini-anxiety attack. It''s one thing to talk money and another thing to write huge checks to pay for stuff! Your date is coming up quick, it''s amazing you''ve been able to get a new venue so close to the day!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Violet. Those big checks are hard. I totally know what you mean. It''s like... why am I doing this again?
23.gif

Thanks for the book link. Will need to buy that this week and I couldn''t remember what thread it was that it was posted in.

Yeah, if our wedding wasn''t on a Sunday we would have been completely SOL with the venue switch. But we got lucky. The only thing that I don''t like about the site is the telephone poll in front of the ceremony site-- stage right... but I''m just gonna point it out to the photographer and see if she can avoid shooting it. But overall, we are very happy with all of it.

Yeah, mom and John... and I am having a rotator cuff issue in my left shoulder as well... so health is not a good thing right now. Especially back/neck/shoulder health. I do wish I could help mom, but... I can''t. I don''t know what to do.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering where you''d got to Gypsy. Delighted to hear that the new venue is fab! It certainly looks beautiful. That''s a shame about your mom''s surgery. I hope that they get a date for her soon or at least figure out what they are going to do.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I''d say that the venue looks gorgeous! What type of flowers are you having?

Wishing you and your family (and cats) good health! Sounds like a bit of a bad run.... hopefully it will all turn around in time for your big day so that everyone can enjoy it in comfort!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy!
Your new venue looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see your wedding pics.
Glad to hear that you like your new job. Sorry you have a long commute.
Sorry about your Mom. Hopefullly that will sort itself out soon.

The cat/vet story cracked me up. I have dogs so I have been on the other side, trying to keep my dogs from scaring the cats. What the cats don''t know is that my Labs are FAR more scared of them! They''re lovers not fighters.
Happy 4th!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang Gypsy, you can't be disappearing like that!! I was wondering where you were.

Now I know. Sheesh, between the new job, the new venue, your Mom, poor John, sick cats. Good lord woman, it's a good thing you are Bionic!!

Gosh, I hope John's back begins to feel better. It's such a bummer to have that kind of pain.
And rotator cuff issues aren't a walk in the park either. I finally went with surgery to fix mine, but the rehab afterwards...
32.gif

I LOVE the venue. It's classy and the vineyard is very pretty. And food is important...very important in my opinion. Did you selct your cake flavors yet, I can't remember if you did that already.

It's crazy how much stress and last minute planning go into weddings, but I guess that is what help makes them so memorable as well. Keep us updated.

ETA: I tried the cat vet thing with three cats and two carriers. Bad idea. I was trying to get my boy cat into one and he lashed out at me and I had a five inch bleeding wound across my upper chest. Then he was so freaked out in the vets office, they had to nab him with what looked like a pool net and then give him his shot through it while they pinned him under it. He was traumatized. Didn't talk to me for a week
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG honey - the new venue looks AMAZING. How gorgeous is that?!!

I''m so excited for you that you''ve finally got that all worked out and it sounds like everything else is settling into place (more or less).

So not excited about everyone''s health troubles, including the poor kitty cats. Sounds like you all could use some serious get-well vibes. I really hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

You DEFINITELY have to move farther North soon - then not only will your commute be less stressful, but who knows what kind of trouble you and I could get up to if we''re both close to San Francisco
31.gif
27.gif

Its good to hear an update, and I''ll keep my fingers crossed that everyone''s health improves soon - you all certainly deserve to be healthy and happy in time for the lead up to the wedding
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the new venue, Gypsy!!! Looks fantastic, and I love that the food is fab! Sounds like it will be great!
36.gif

I''m sorry to hear about your mom''s surgery being up in the air, and John hurting himself as well. Has it been treated by a doctor? I hope everything is being done for it so he is in the least amount of pain possible.
7.gif

As for your processional music, have you thought about it at all? You just going with a recording, or will you have any live musicians?

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy! Your new venue is so incredibly charming!!!1 I LOVE IT! I haven't heard of Deer Ridge before but if I had seen these pics earlier I would have checked it out for my own wedding. It sounds like things are falling into place. I'm so happy for you!

ETA: I'm looking at the pics again and kicking myself in the butt...I'm green with envy. Deer Ridge is 5 minutes away from FILs house (they live off Holmes). I love love love it.
21.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy!

Welcome back. Deer ridge looks amazing...congrats on having that stuff sorted out!

I did a post a few days back with my ring and these gorgeous bright pink peonies:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/single-stone-oec-flower-shots.89015/

And I thought of you! The next day the opened up even more beautifully, and the day after that they were dead =) Oh well...I guess that''s how it is, i didn''t have any of the flower food stuff.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Bee, I''m sorry I dropped off the face of the planet. My mom hasn''t decided to have the surgery. She''s gotten multiple opinions and half of them have told her not to proceed to surgery. But the basic consensus is she''s dam*ed if she does, dam*ed if she doesn''t. So she''s not sure what to do.

Hi Clairebelle my flowers will be orange and white and green. Here is my bouquet.
Gypsy%20Bouquet%20Orange%20and%20Green%2009708089.jpg

My high centerpieces will (hopefully) look like sap''s pictured here, only less full. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-centerpieces.82003/

Thank you for the well wishes, it is a bit of a bumpy run... hopefully it will smooth out soon.

iluvcarats-- thank you dear! The commute is okay for short term, and long term... we''ll move after the wedding. The vet trip was exciting, but we had a lab... and I know you are right. Definitely lovers and not fighters.
2.gif

Hi Miracles. Yeah, I''ve been feeling a little stretched out. I hope John feels better soon too. I''m on prednisone for the cuff injury so maybe that will help.

The vineyard is nice. It''s bright and airy and has a lovely view of rolling vine covered hills. We did select our cake a few months ago. It''s... a citrus cake with ginger orange cream cheese between the layers and white chocolate buttercream. It''s gonna be really different but really good.

Yeah, the three cats and two carriers thing was fun. Duncan was the one on the leash and he is an absolute love. As long as mommy or daddy is holding him, he''s okay and just cowers a bit. But I got a few claw marks in my shoulder when he gripped me because there was a Saint Bernard in our path with a gleam in his eye. He was terrified. But once we got home, he forgave us instantly. He really is a love.

Hi Amber!!! Yeah, I''m loving the new venue. I really like the reception room. The hardwood floors are so nice, and the whole place is new. I''m glad I won''t have a scuffed up dance floor. I''m very happy that things seem to be settling a bit.

Thank you for the get well vibes.
And honestly, we are looking seriously at moving into the city... so plenty of opportunities for trouble.
27.gif

Hi gwendolyn, Thank you for the compliments on the venue. I''m happy with it. John is being treated and starts physical therapy next week. So hopefully he''ll be better soon.

As for the music, it will be recorded. I need to get on finding something that will work.

Goldenstar-- thank you for the raves. It''s a nice venue... but honestly I think it''s just right for 80-90 people, and if I remember correctly you have more guests than that. Plus I really love your venue.

Hey rockzilla... I have those same peonies in the house right now. I love the pics you took! I''m sorry they died so soon though!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I adore vineyards!! Your wedding is going to be beautiful! It looks like the perfect amount of coziness for your number of guests.

Oo, well wishes for your mom and John (FI?).
What was wrong with your kitties? Carriers can be expensive
14.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing venue. Sounds like you have been so busy!!!!!

Way to go in keeping it all together! I''m just now planning my wedding and I had NO idea what a huge project it is! Stay strong, mama!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Choro! I appreciate the well wishes for us all. I think the venue is going to be just right as well. I actually felt like Goldilocks because initially I didn''t go to this vineyard and I was torn between Garre and Wente. Well, this one has the things I liked about both of those... and with the exception of the one negative (telephone poll) none of the negatives of the other two.

Cat carriers can be pricey, but they do last generally. The one that broke was just a really inexpensive one we bought for the cross country trip, and the cage part wasn''t metal, it was plastic and had cracked. I need a top loading carrier that can carry Frodo plus a little weight. So I''m hoping for one that is for animals up to 18 pounds.

Hi Bliss, It has been a bit hectic
2.gif
. I think its going to slow down a bit though. It''s a very big project though, isn''t it? I was just talking to John (FI) about how to properly address envelopes and he was like... you''ve memorized this stuff? And I''m like... I''ve memorized all SORTS of things I''m never going to use again.
20.gif
Men. They have no idea.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering about you!!!I''m sorry things are crazy, but I''m glad to hear about the reception site and the job that seems to be going well.

Missed you Gyps.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Gypsy!!! All my fingers and toes crossed that this one sticks and you will finally get to have your amazing, wonderful, beautiful day (though it will be that no matter where you have it).

I''m sorry to hear that other things aren''t going equally well, but have faith that it will all even out. ((((BIG HUGS))))

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Just wanted to drop by real quick and say I am so happy that you found a new venue that you like! That is a great thing to get out of the way, and good food goes a LOOOONG way with that!

I''m glad your new job is going well, but I''m sorry to hear about your shoulder, John''s back and your mom''s surgery. I hope your granddad is still tooling along and gearing up for the wedding...from the sounds of it, he might beat the three of you down the aisle on his little scooter! (Maybe he could give John and your mom rides to the front before it''s your turn?
9.gif
)

I am pressed for time myself, but just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you...I hope the rest of the things get themselves sorted out for you.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your rotator cuff, your Mom''s surgery, and John''s back! I''m sending get well wishes your way!

So glad to see the new venue - it looks lovely, lovely, lovely!

And your bouquet is just GORGEOUS! I love it!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 4:42:53 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hi lucky... I've just been a bit overwelmed and cranky so I decided to stay of the boards in lieu of being cranky on here, LOL.

I am happy with the venue so far. The food presentation was really nice too... so I'm relieved. I think it's going to work out now.

Crazy interview lady has been suspiciously nice. Took me out to lunch one day. I'm not really sure what to make of her... don't trust her, but also keeping a mostly open mind and being nice. When I saw her on the first day she seemed concerned and wary about how I was gonna react to her, but I just pretended nothing happened said it was nice to see her again and just shrugged any discomfort off, and she warmed up when she saw I was appeared willing to start over. My cube is right next to hers, so being nice (even if the interview wasn't an abberation in her personality) is something I'm gonna keep up. No sense in pissing off the natives.

As for mom. Well... I think she's scared to make a decision. I don't know how to help her either. Just trying to be supportive.

I just went to see your wedding pics!! HUBBA HUBBA LADY!! You guys are a beautiful couple! I would KILL for your cheek bones! You are so pretty!!! And your wedding just looks like a dream (yes, I still want to elope...lol)-- although it's too bad it was so meltingly hot. The gazebo, the beach, I love your hubby's suit and your gown, the flip flops (so cute!) AND your flowers are SO BEAUTIFUL! I love those! ROFLMAO at the dunking! MIL underwear story was disturbing. Seriously. I love your shorter hair (and am admittedly envious!). I am sorry the resort didn't give you the VIP treatment your cousin got though. I would personally have felt exactly as you did if I knew that they upgraded someone else and overlooked us.
Thank you for all the sweet compliments Gypsy! Yeah, it was definitely hot...but at least there was water nearby. If we got married here in Houston where it is just as hot I probably would have passed out. lol. Okay flower lady, if you thought those flowers were real I will love you forever because they are total fakies and I was worried that they looked it in all the photos (I begged her to take some non-bouquet shots). hehe.

Good to hear that you and the interviewer lady were able to move past that. It sounds like she was probably really embarrassed afterward! I agree you should keep your eyes open though.

What did your old venue say when you cancelled? Did you lose any money?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
  • UPDATE: We took my parents to see the reception site today. THEY TORE DOWN THE TELEPHONE POLL!! Oh, I am SO happy that will not be marring the ceremony site. YAHOOO. My parents only had two really persnickity negative comments (one each) which for them is a five star review, so I'm thrilled about that too (no I didn't let them see anything before I re-booked. Not worth the discussion. Easier just to do and present the thing as a done deal). Mom said she likes it better than Garre. So that banished the last of any lingering thoughts of the previous venue.
  • Plus, thanks to the medication my shoulder is feeling A TON better. Hopefully the rest will work its way out. I'm worried about John's mobility-- he can barely walk right now so I'm waiting to see what physical therapy does for him.

Hi Freke... I missed you too! How are you? Yeah, I just turn into a crabby b*tch when I'm stressed so I figured I'd spare you all... and myself a lot of regrets and post editting. You think I'm snarky usually. Man I have been a neurotic crazy lady the last few weeks. Plus I have to be SUPER nice at work-- which is taking its toll. And I can't really post from there as big brother is watching... so, all that means limited PS time.

THANK YOU FATA! Speaking of being missed! How the heck are you honey! I have faith... or it's fairer to say I've RECOVERED faith this week. I was honestly just feeling really lost the last couple of weeks. But the last few days have helped me just... even out and re-gain focus which I really needed. (((BUG HUGS)))) right back at'cha!

Harleigh, thank you so much for the check in. I just wish you might have had time for an update on you... but I'll search past posts and see if I missed anything you might have posted. Thank you for the commisseration and the encouragement. Please know I'm thinking about you too, and when you have a moment to breathe... post an update and let us know how things are going, okay?

Hi Lauren!!! The rotator cuff is healing... amazing what steriods will do
    20.gif
    . Can't complain though it's been like an overnight recovery since I started taking the things. The sharp tearing pain in my shoulder is almost gone already. The rest... well that's life. Thank you for the well wishes, I really appreciate them. I'm so glad you like the bouquet. Everyonce in a while I get the urge to change it, but then I am reminded why I chose it and am happy.

Hi Lucky... When I saw your bouquet I was like... where'd she get mini callas and hydrangeas in Jamiaca! I thought they looked amazing in the photos, so no worries about he bouquet. Plus, they matched your gown but because of the different flowers/shades provided some contrast as well... just enough that the bouquet didn't blend with the gown and get lost. I really loved it. I actually have some silk bouquet pics... also all white ones... saved on my harddrive as favorites. I'm gonna add yours to the bunch if you don't mind. Great job!

As for the heat. I admire your retraint in waiting a while to dunk. I would have been like "I do... CANNON BALL!!!" I hate being hot.

Yeah, the interview lady did seemed chagrined, so we'll see. Eyes are open, but for HER sake I'm hoping it was just a bad day or something. She was really unpleasant, I'd hate to think she goes through life like that.

Yes, we lost our deposit with the venue. I'm thinking about things with them... and I'll have to see if there are going to be any next steps, or if I'm just gonna let it go. I'm think I AM going to post negative reviews on Yelp and theknot though. I think people should be warned that 'award winning' means Razzie not Oscar when it comes to the food there.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 4:36:57 AM
  • UPDATE: We took my parents to see the reception site today. THEY TORE DOWN THE TELEPHONE POLL!! Oh, I am SO happy that will not be marring the ceremony site. YAHOOO. My parents only had two really persnickity negative comments (one each) which for them is a five star review, so I''m thrilled about that too (no I didn''t let them see anything before I re-booked. Not worth the discussion. Easier just to do and present the thing as a done deal). Mom said she likes it better than Garre. So that banished the last of any lingering thoughts of the previous venue.

• Plus, thanks to the medication my shoulder is feeling A TON better. Hopefully the rest will work its way out. I''m worried about John''s mobility-- he can barely walk right now so I''m waiting to see what physical therapy does for him.

Hi Gypsy
    35.gif

Glad to hear that your shoulder feels better. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for John.
    Your wedding venue looks beautiful - I love your flowers.
    I think you are forgetting something though - Sleep??? I thought I was up early, and I''m on the East Coast...

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
yummy color scheme and gorgeous bouquet - they''ll look gorgeous in that setting. Looks like everything could be falling into place for you...
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it''s 5:40 am and I''m still awake. With an ambien too. Sad. Like I said... I''ve been feeling off.
7.gif
Oh well. I''ll try and get some sleep in a few. Thank you for the compliments and well wishes iluvcarats, you are always looking out for me. Thank you for being such a good friend. ((HUGS)).

Hi Claireabelle... I''ve got my fingers crossed. At this point, I think I just have to ride it out to see where it ends up going. I think its on the right track though. *fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed*

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 8:43:49 AM
Yeah, it''s 5:40 am and I''m still awake. With an ambien too. Sad. Like I said... I''ve been feeling off.
7.gif
Oh well. I''ll try and get some sleep in a few. Thank you for the compliments and well wishes iluvcarats, you are always looking out for me. Thank you for being such a good friend. ((HUGS)).

Hang in there!
( James Taylor''s You''ve Got a Friend softly playing in the background) LOL
Now if I were actually singing you''d really be laughing.... OMG sooo tone deaf
Sweet dreams - just like that ambien commercial...
35.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey lady! I just got back to town after a week away, but when I saw an update from you, I had to check it out!

I am SO pleased for you that the new venue is a winner. What a relief, right?!

I think thinks are looking up - yay!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Indy... they are!

Awww... that was sweet iluvcarats. Good song. I had forgotten I''d had a huge cup of iced coffee at 9pm. So I was up till 7 am. YIKES.
36.gif

Thank you Krissie~! Thank you for the check in, it is a huge relief!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results