shape
carat
color
clarity

Gwen & J are MARRlED!!!! (w/pics)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry your MIL was being so absurd, but you looked like you had a wonderful time regardless and it''s clear how much you love your new husband! :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay Gwen! I was hoping you''d post pics soon!!!! Everything looked amazing!!! SO glad it all worked out and you guys are happily married now!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congrats. You looked so radiant and happy. It''s your life together now, forget about your monster-in-law and enjoy each other.

Po
x

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Gwennie! Congrats!

And boo on your MIL. What a witch.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet you guys look! Congratulations.

Good for you for not taking on your MIL. She''ll just be miserable by herself.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the pics Gwen and Congrats to the both of YOU
36.gif

You look fantastic and I am sorry to hear about you IL craziness. Your MIL sounds very self-absorbed maybe to the point of being delusional....

On a happier note, did you ever post a picture of your wedding band? Because I would love to see one
35.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Gwen!!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love your dress! You look so beautiful and happy.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on officially becoming husband and wife, Gwen!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your pictures turned out wonderful, and your dress is beautiful! I'm glad your parents were able to celebrate your day with you, and your brother via Skype too! I'm so sorry about the negative things that happened with your MIL and her guests/rest of J's family. But I'm glad J finally stood up to her and was able to see your side of things.

Enjoy being married, and try to focus on your marriage with J, instead of pleasing his side of the family. You and J are ONE now, and need to be a united front against anything that comes up. But I'm sure you already knew that!
41.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I remember when you found your dress and were talking about putting sleeves on---I can''t believe how gorgeous you look in it! The sleeves fit in so beautifully with the romantic lines of the dress. You look so happy in the photos. Hooray for becoming a mrs!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh! Gwennie -- you looked absolutely lovely! Your gown is almost as gorgeous as your smile in all these pics - Congratulations! Sooooo sorry about your MIL - that''s a terrible story, but it sounds like some of the pressure is off you now....

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
gwen!!! congratulations!! you looked gorgeous; positively glowing.

i just have one question though, where''s the shoes shot? you''re shoes were so lovely; i was hoping to see them with the dress & all.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen- You are one classy woman, glad you enjoyed your day despite your horrid mil. Congratulations!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Good to hear that you didn''t let your crazy MIL spoil your special day!
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Without trying to sound condescending, I am PROUD of you for not letting your MIL ruin your day or even dampen it in the slightest! She sounds like my FMIL''s evil British twin sister! (For example, when I asked if any of the guests we had invited from Omaha were invited to the shower she is throwing, she replied "Uha, NO! This is a party for MY friends!") I am glad (sadly) that J was able to see what she was putting you through, and the two of you are able to come together as a team and feel all the more connected now that you are MARRIED!

Enough icky poo!

Your photos are FABULOUS! Your dress is seriously one of my absolute favorites, you looked stunning in it! And it looks as though you were able to make some fabulous loose curls for your big day! The two of you were just glowing with happiness! Congratulations and thank you for sharing the photos!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Well poo poo to your MIL but YEEEEAAAAHHHH to you being MARRIED!! Congratulations!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
congrats Gwen! You looked beautiful!
I remember when you posted about first meeting J. I am so glad your story has such a happy ending. Cheers to a wonderful new beginning.
36.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He, he, he... We had already established the fact that the MIL is a witch
27.gif
Gwen, forget about her now...YOU''RE MARRIED
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Everything looks fab, i''m sooo glad that you had such a lovely day...It is obvious in the photos that you were in Heaven
2.gif
Both you and DH look amazing!!!
1.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Gwen
36.gif
36.gif
. From your photos it''s clear both you and J had a blissfully happy day. I love the photo of you cutting the cake - love how many people appear to be taking your photo and sharing your happiness.

I''m sorry that your MIL behaved/is behaving so appallingly. I know from experience how upsetting it can be when family members create ill feeling about weddings. For what it''s worth it sounds as though you both behaved with grace and empathy and your MIL refusing to accept your gift is seriously over the top
38.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay congratulations Gwen!! You look beautiful. Sorry to hear that your MIL is acting like such a wagon. Hopefully she''ll realise that everything isn''t always about her.

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!

Lovely pics!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah! *facepalm* Totally forgot to get photos of my gorgeous shoes peeking out from under my dress, or a ring shot (although a friend got a pretty fab one, but my camera is being stupid and won't upload things onto my computer at the mo').

This is just one of the many benefits of having a second wedding, though!
31.gif
We're having more photos taken of us then (me in my dress, J in his suit) because we didn't really have time to do more than 5 minutes this time, since J's mother called everyone in to sit for dinner only a couple of minutes after we went outside to take some photos.

So we'll just have to do a shoe shot and a ring shot at the US wedding! You will have to be patient, though; that one's not until May 30th.
9.gif

And in all seriousness, thank you for your posts about the in-law situation. Because there was a bit of a gap between J and I in relation to his family (most notably his mother), I did not feel like it would have been a good idea to stand firm and tell her (more or less) to stuff it because it might have put a wedge between J and I. But now we are 100% on the same page (as much as it hurts us both), and I can live with myself with my choices, knowing I did absolutely everything in my power to keep the peace and remain respectful of his family. And from now on, it's entirely our choice whether we interact with them or not, and on what terms, and how often. We will not be staying over at their house any longer as I would not feel comfortable under their roof, but we may one day yet go up for a visit, stay at a hotel and meet up with them for a meal or two. Who knows. For now, however, I am very content with lots of space.
2.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww...GWEN I love the pics!!! You guys did look happy despite everything. That cake was sooo cute! And, I just love the sparkly American flag hats...way to represent!!!

I''m so sorry about your MIL this has just been torture for you guys all along, so I guess a scene like this is hardly out of the ordinary - which sucks!!! Well, at least you are married now and you guys can just ignor her antics forever if you like. Don''t let her issues/problems/bad manners/etc. spoil any of your joy! Easier said than done, but what else can ya do with a woman like that!

Cheers to you both!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in to say how gorgeous you looked, I
30.gif
your dress!! So sorry about mil acting like a big piece of poo
38.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Gwen you looked absolutely stunning. I''m sure your second wedding will have a whole separate set of memories and emotions and years from now you can choose to remember or dwell on whichever ones you like.

By the way, and I''ve always thought this, You and James are ridiculously made for each other.

Congratulations!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen, you were gorgeous! I absolutely love the sleeves on your dress. So glad that you had a wonderful time despite the IL situation.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 12:19:29 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Oh yeah! *facepalm* Totally forgot to get photos of my gorgeous shoes peeking out from under my dress, or a ring shot (although a friend got a pretty fab one, but my camera is being stupid and won''t upload things onto my computer at the mo'').

This is just one of the many benefits of having a second wedding, though!
31.gif
We''re having more photos taken of us then (me in my dress, J in his suit) because we didn''t really have time to do more than 5 minutes this time, since J''s mother called everyone in to sit for dinner only a couple of minutes after we went outside to take some photos.

So we''ll just have to do a shoe shot and a ring shot at the US wedding! You will have to be patient, though; that one''s not until May 30th.
9.gif

And in all seriousness, thank you for your posts about the in-law situation. Because there was a bit of a gap between J and I in relation to his family (most notably his mother), I did not feel like it would have been a good idea to stand firm and tell her (more or less) to stuff it because it might have put a wedge between J and I. But now we are 100% on the same page (as much as it hurts us both), and I can live with myself with my choices, knowing I did absolutely everything in my power to keep the peace and remain respectful of his family. And from now on, it''s entirely our choice whether we interact with them or not, and on what terms, and how often. We will not be staying over at their house any longer as I would not feel comfortable under their roof, but we may one day yet go up for a visit, stay at a hotel and meet up with them for a meal or two. Who knows. For now, however, I am very content with lots of space.
2.gif
I can wait! I''m patient!

As for the ILs, again, I am SO GLAD that you and J are now on the same page. As much as it must hurt him, and in turn you, it must be a comfort to know that you are now a united front instead of being divided.

I hope the US wedding is a much more joyous occasion and that you get the rush of becoming Mrs. B all over again (minus the drama)!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Two more pics to share...one is me being dweeby and a tiny bit tipsy, posing with the partially nude woman in the painting behind me (
6.gif
31.gif
2.gif
)

gwenposewnudechck.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS GWEN! I am so happy for you! You looked beautiful in your dress and you look SO HAPPY! Congrats again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results