shape
carat
color
clarity

Gifts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
We have decided not to registar and are going to ask people not to give us gifts for our wedding. Yet, some people have mentioned that some will want to send gifts anyway.. (or bring gifts) As many of you know.. I am rather cold hearted and I would rather others not donate to charity in my name... (it is a big long explination) So should we registrar anyway and tell people if they feel the need to give a gift then we are registrared or just let people buy what they think we are going to want?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that most people don''t donate in your name to charity unless you ask them specifically for that.

I would never go to a wedding and not bring (or send) a gift, so it''s just my thought that most people are the same (eventhough I know they''re not...). So, if you don''t register, I would be prepared for lots of gifts that you can''t return and don''t want, or lots of gifts that you can return but still don''t want. However, you might get more cash if you don''t register.

Or maybe you can put some sort of card in your invitation stating ''the honor of your presence is enough of a gift for us...'' Don''t know if that''s tacky or not though...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i saw a site where guests could pay for your honeymoon. is this an option for you? it''s http://www.honeyluna.com/

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely register. Regardless of asking people not to bring gifts---they''ll do it anyway. And, they''ll probably bring you goofy things that you don''t want. At least give them a fighting chance of getting you a good present!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
You should definitely register. It makes it much easier for your guests who will want to give you something that YOU want, not something that they think you might want or need! You don''t have to register for lots of things, just stuff that you really need. A lot of stores also offer the option of gift cards so people can just get you a gift card to Williams Sonoma or Crate and Barrel or wherever you choose to register. Also, it''s a lot of fun to go to the store and actually pick out the stuff. My fiance insisted on coming with me to register and he had a blast. He was in charge of the scanning gun and really enjoyed himself. Of course, once we got home and I looked online at all the things he had scanned, I had to do some deleting!
emwink.gif

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t want - or need - any gifts because we were in our forties when we married and we both already had established homes with all the gizmos we could possibly need.

We put "no gifts - your kind thoughts are all we need on our special day" (after much debating about whether it was tacky or not) and of course people still insisted on giving us completely unwanted gifts anyway
20.gif

What really bugged me was that the people who gave us the unwanted gifts then bitched to my husband''s family that we hadn''t sent them thank you notes, while we were still on honeymoon!

You can''t win this one. Register for a few towels and spare bedlinen, maybe wine glasses (I''m always breaking ours).

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
We are not going on a honeymoon... well... not in the traditional sense so we cannot do that. But I think it is a GREAT idea.

We have thought seriously about the "your presence is our gift" thing.. but unwanted gifts.. well that is something to consider as well. We have esatblished homes and households, so towels, sheets, applicances, dishes and such are a waste.

We are not sure where to registrar because we do not want people to spend a lot of money and... well... UGH!!! we jsut do not know..

Curly girl.. that is hilarious!! I can see that.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Well,

we''re registered, although I fought it all the way. We have a tiny house and NO room for anything, plus, well, registering feels weird to me, I had a little panic attack at Williams Sonoma, but that''s another story.

We are requesting that friends NOT buy us gifts, but like everyone else said, if they''re going to get you a gift, it might as well be something you can use. Someone once suggested that ou might want to register for a bunch of little things somewhere, that perhaps you could trade in for a big ticket item (I don''t know, a grill or something) again, I''m not for this kind of thing, it feels a little dishonest to me, but if people are going to insist on getting you something--well, make it something you can use.

Just one of the millions of things about wedding planning that make me uncomfortable!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results