shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful slg! Very classic and elegant - I love the veil! I look forward to seeing more pics!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever-how was your wedding?!?!?!

ETA and thank you!!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg you look so beautiful! Your pics are lovely. :love:

I have to admit that my wedding progress has been slow as of late. We finally ordered his wedding ring, booked our honeymoon and bought a new printer. We plan to DIY our paper stuff and our printer crapped out on us (of course :roll: )....

4ever how was the big day? :D

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pics slg! You look amazing! gem, you sound productive to me! Ring ordered, new printer, honeymoon booked, you're on the ball! I hope I'll get there soon, too!

I'm going dress shopping tomorrow, and I'm so nervous I want to throw up. I'm not even sure why. There's nothing to be nervous about. I just can't help myself. I'm still trying to figure out how to convert all this wedding anxiety into excitement... or at least productivity! For now, just drinking herbal tea and trying to calm myself down.

I am really hoping to get a dress tomorrow. I know everyone says I should go to multiple stores and try on loads of dresses, but... I don't want to? I'm just hoping I'll try on the ones I've seen online and they'll look good and I'll pick one and get the heck out. Such a romantic notion, I know. Time for more tea.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh blacksand I hope you find one!! I heard somewhere that a large percentage of brides buy the first dress they try on (me included!) so maybe you'll be one of those?

I passed my qualifying exam so now time to focus on wedding (and pre-wedding diet...)

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand how did it go? one of my bridemaids is getting married this year and she bought the first dress she tried on.

This week we ordered my FI's ring, booked our ceremony music which I ended up getting the harpist that we wanted originally! Finally! I sobbed for an hour listening to harp music on Friday morning trying to decide on songs. I really hope I can get that out of my system before the big day! :shock: I think I may walk to "Can't Help Falling in Love With You". It really is beautiful on harp.

I'm getting pulled in a ton of different directions right now between work, home, wedding planning and my other activities/hobbies. I should have cut back on the hobbies (i.e. not done a vegetable garden this year), but I felt like I didn't want to give up my normal life just because I was planning my wedding. Hopefully I can keep it together and get everything done. My mom reminded me that we still have over 90 days before the wedding, so hopefully that's enough time. I still have a lot of DIY and I haven't even looked at cakes yet. :-o

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to hear about OUpeargirl's and PrincessNatalie's weddings! We had a great weekend weather-wise here. I hope it was wonderful!

gem, thanks for asking about dress shopping. It went okay. I didn't buy a dress, although I really wanted it over and done. I honestly felt pretty awkward the whole time. It's hardly the magical experience the movies would have you believe. It's just awkwardly stripping down in front of a total stranger and stepping into dresses that don't fit you and feel weird and God knows where they've been, and then you prance around in front of your mother and FMIL and (if you're me) try to read between the lines of what they're saying (i.e. "can we try an A-line next?" means you look ridiculous with your giant hips in that mermaid style dress). Don't get me wrong: both moms were awesome, they really tried to be helpful and supportive and wanted me to find what I wanted, but I still felt weird. It was so awkward I kind of forgot to consider what I thought about the dresses, waiting instead for their opinions. I also tried on the one dress I had pinned all my hopes on, and it sucked. They had two samples: one in a size 4 that I absolutely could not squeeze into, and one in a size...I don't know, but it was enormous on me, and I'm not especially thin. So they clipped and clipped to try to show me what it would look like in my size, but it was still shapeless and horrible. And I'm not sure how much of that was the sample size, and how much of that was that the dress is just unflattering. There was one dress that I did like, and I had really only tried it on for a laugh. It had a giant ballgown skirt with tulle, which is just not my style at all. Except...I really liked it. The bodice was beautiful and the full skirt made it look like I had a nice small waist (which I do not!). It was pretty and made me feel like twirling around. I am thinking about getting it, but I still have reservations about the big pouffy princess skirt. I never wear stuff like that. But then, I never wear wedding dresses, period! So I am going to check out some other stores first and then go back and see if I still like it. I wish I didn't have to, but I guess I do. And I think I'll just go by myself after work one day. The moms can come again later, like for fittings. But I need to focus on what I want and not look for their approval.

The harpist sounds fantastic! I can actually imagine "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" on the harp. I think that will be beautiful. Also, I've been wanting to start a vegetable garden for a long time now, ha! I guess this is not the year for that!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that stripping down in front of strangers made me feel really uncomfortable. I went to two bridal shops and one handled that part of it way better than the other. I only took my mom. My FI's mom lives in another state, so luckily I did not have to invite her and likely would not have even if she did live near by. I didn't invite my bridesmaids until I picked a dress and they came with me to see it the day I ordered it. The day was long and exhausting as it was and I think having all those opinions would have made it that much harder. Plus my mom and I got some quality time and went out to lunch and stuff.

It's funny how you try on these beautiful dresses and you feel like people expect you to come up with reason why you do or don't like every single dress. I think my mom liked more dresses than I did. I can't tell you how many beautiful dresses I put on and was like 'meh'. The dress I ended up picking was one that I felt lively and bouncy and yes...princessey in. I didn't see that coming. I didn't want to take it off. When I got my actual dress in the right size and color and tried it on I was sad when I had to take it off and leave it at the shop! blacksand, hopefully you'll feel that way about a dress soon! :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress! It looks so amazing on you. Proof that big pouffy dresses are indeed awesome. I am still thinking about my pouffy princess dress. I even played in Photoshop last night and added accessories and fancy hair to the picture of me in the dress. I'm a little crazy. But it was fun. And I keep thinking about it.

I can't imagine myself really having a "that's MY dress!" moment. I don't think I'm that kind of girl. I've never really felt that way about anything before. I mull things over. Usually, I do extensive research online, where I'm comfortable, decide what I like, and get it. I don't ever like anything when I try it on at a store. Seriously, never. Sometimes I'll decide, a few days after I buy something, that I really like it, but at the store? Never. I always just hate the way I look in those dressing room mirrors. So I wouldn't be surprised if I have the same experience with dress shopping. In fact, I think I may be having that experience now. It's three days later, and I can't stop thinking about that one dress.

I am a little afraid people will think it's too pouffy, too fairy tale, like a little girl playing dress up. On the other hand, dress up is fun! When the heck else do I get an excuse to play dress up? When else can I wear something like this?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I never really did the trying on dresses thing either because I just knew I would feel ridiculous. Like you, I am also not really much of an emotional buyer and didn't really have, or expect an "OMG this is my dress" moment and the idea or trying on hundreds of gowns and deciding between them did not full me with joy. IMO unless you have someone you like to shop with normally who you can take I think you may be on the right track with continuing shopping alone. The least helpful thing is to take people who don't have very different taste in clothing as you or don't understand what looks good on your shape. Also, if you don't love looking in the mirror in store, try and make the experience as painless as possible - do your hair and makeup as best you can before you go, don't eat anything massive before which will make you feel full and sluggish and if you have any massive underpants (ie; spanx) wearing those doesn't hurt either and they have the added bonus of making you not feel quite so much like you are prancing around the store in your undies.

Try and enjoy it!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I totally bought a "waistnipper" after my last shopping experience. Next time, I will pretend I'm a little skinnier! I'm still thinking about my princess dress, but I'll try on some others just to see. I'm going to my cousin's wedding in Savannah this weekend, so maybe I'll be inspired by the bride's style. She's a self-proclaimed "Southern Belle" (I've never met her, my cousin is the groom), so I expect a good dose of style!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
This week I called around for pricing on cakes and finally found one in the price range we are looking it, which happens to be not very much money for the amount of people we are trying to feed. I am going with a semi-professional rather than a pro bakery. I know it is risky, but I honestly couldn't care less about cake and neither could my fiance. We are only going to get one because it's a wedding and you have to have cake. :lol: We spent kind of a lot on the cake topper as we're having it custom made and we wanted it as a keepsake. The actual cake is going to be three round white tiers with a colored ribbon on each tier - teal or yellow not sure. We plan to go with a partial tiered cake and partial sheet cake to get an even less expensive cake without anyone even knowing the difference as it will get cut in the back kitchen. Well we have the tasting this Friday so hopefully the cake is good and I can check this off the list.

We have been talking about doing DIY invitations, but I actually found one online that we both like in the wedding colors, so to save time and hassle we may go with that one.

I also ordered the gifts for my bridesmaids. I got them all jewelry. They won't match, but I wanted them to have something they would wear again. They all got semi-precious (some treated) gemstones in the (wedding) color and shape of their choosing for earrings and a necklace. Although one girl got glass because she asked for green and I couldn't locate any green stones in the price range I was looking at. I'll try to post pics when I get them all in.

The bridesmaids dresses are in too. I was not really happy with the way they turned out. I think some of the girls were recommended to order a size that was incorrect. Most need extensive alterations and I feel bad they already spent a ton on dresses and now had to spend more money. The color is awesome though. Mermaid from David's Bridal is really perfect for our wedding and looks gorgeous on every one of them.

Well from what I posted here I think that I had a very productive week! At this point we are less than three months away with still a lot to do! Thanks for giving me a place to blab as no one in my life wants to hear this 24/7 and it's like a second full time job hahaha.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1335201724|3178541 said:
This week I called around for pricing on cakes and finally found one in the price range we are looking it, which happens to be not very much money for the amount of people we are trying to feed. I am going with a semi-professional rather than a pro bakery. I know it is risky, but I honestly couldn't care less about cake and neither could my fiance. We are only going to get one because it's a wedding and you have to have cake. :lol: We spent kind of a lot on the cake topper as we're having it custom made and we wanted it as a keepsake. The actual cake is going to be three round white tiers with a colored ribbon on each tier - teal or yellow not sure. We plan to go with a partial tiered cake and partial sheet cake to get an even less expensive cake without anyone even knowing the difference as it will get cut in the back kitchen. Well we have the tasting this Friday so hopefully the cake is good and I can check this off the list.

We have been talking about doing DIY invitations, but I actually found one online that we both like in the wedding colors, so to save time and hassle we may go with that one.

I also ordered the gifts for my bridesmaids. I got them all jewelry. They won't match, but I wanted them to have something they would wear again. They all got semi-precious (some treated) gemstones in the (wedding) color and shape of their choosing for earrings and a necklace. Although one girl got glass because she asked for green and I couldn't locate any green stones in the price range I was looking at. I'll try to post pics when I get them all in.

The bridesmaids dresses are in too. I was not really happy with the way they turned out. I think some of the girls were recommended to order a size that was incorrect. Most need extensive alterations and I feel bad they already spent a ton on dresses and now had to spend more money. The color is awesome though. Mermaid from David's Bridal is really perfect for our wedding and looks gorgeous on every one of them.

Well from what I posted here I think that I had a very productive week! At this point we are less than three months away with still a lot to do! Thanks for giving me a place to blab as no one in my life wants to hear this 24/7 and it's like a second full time job hahaha.

gem anemone that is unfortunate but hopefully they'll be able to get the necessary alterations.

and no worries about blabbing here :)

1 month from today! working on welcome bags/ceremony wording/other little details...we are making some little cards instead of having a guestbook, similar to
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&biw=1194&bih=707&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=pb_fLOzYnP4LtM:&imgrefurl=http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/227171/conversation-starter-guestbook&docid=Zdc84tUMOte37M&imgurl=http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/sites/files/marthastewartweddings.com/ecl/images/content/pub/weddings/2009Q4/mwd104873_fall09_gbook_l.jpg&w=225&h=281&ei=PPCaT-ynNMnRiAL31PznDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=308&sig=105862955638988175752&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=109&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:72&tx=51&ty=65

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Those cards are a cute idea!

We ended up going with the cake lady I mentioned. After chatting with her I learned that she used to do it professionally, but now only does 3 or 4 cakes a month at her leisure, so I was lucky that she was able to take on my wedding cake!

This weekend was a slow on wedding productivity otherwise. I did however get part of my garden planted and I hope to get some more seeds in the ground tonight! 8-)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh good I am glad you got your cake sorted out!

today is the 'deadline' for our response cards (although we don't need to tell catering until 3 days before but I would like to know who is coming) and we have a lot fewer people than we were expecting. We were initially expecting 175-180 (we invited 260) but it's looking like we will only have 130.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ugh...my mom told me that she was in my room the other day and my veil has a tear in it :( i am not sure if i should get another one or just wear it :(

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1336366542|3189067 said:
ugh...my mom told me that she was in my room the other day and my veil has a tear in it :( i am not sure if i should get another one or just wear it :(

Oh no! :(( Is it a large tear? Can you fix it or hide it?

I have bad news too. I had a friend pass away this week that I've known for 20 years. It really puts life and things that are important in to perspective.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
slg, I hope the tear isn't too bad. Veils are so delicate, and so expensive! I hope you'll still be able to wear it, or can fix it somehow.

gem_anemone, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are okay. My condolences to you and your friend's family. How awful. You are right, it really does put things into perspective. How fragile life is. As much fun as it can be getting lost in the details of wedding planning, I hope we can all remember the bigger picture, and most importantly to enjoy life while we can.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1336495360|3190156 said:

I have bad news too. I had a friend pass away this week that I've known for 20 years. It really puts life and things that are important in to perspective.

oh my gosh :( I am so sorry about your loss. **hugs** to you.

I am not sure about fixing it...I haven't seen it yet (only mom has). She said it is at the bottom, so maybe it won't be noticeable? However it might not be "mind-clean" for me?? I might order one and then send it back if I don't like it since I won't see the veil until May 16th and then I think it would be too late to order one :(

the good news is my veil was only $60 (not CHEAP, but not super expensive like some veils can be!). so, it wouldn't be the end of the world to order another one.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1336502691|3190262 said:
gem_anemone|1336495360|3190156 said:

oh my gosh :( I am so sorry about your loss. **hugs** to you.

I am not sure about fixing it...I haven't seen it yet (only mom has). She said it is at the bottom, so maybe it won't be noticeable? However it might not be "mind-clean" for me?? I might order one and then send it back if I don't like it since I won't see the veil until May 16th and then I think it would be too late to order one :(

the good news is my veil was only $60 (not CHEAP, but not super expensive like some veils can be!). so, it wouldn't be the end of the world to order another one.

Thanks. It really sucks. He would have been a guest at our wedding and he was supposed to be the best man in another friend's wedding that is just weeks after ours...

Maybe you can shorten your viel to above the tear? Could you call up the vendor and explain and try to exchange it?

Or you could buy another one. I almost bought a second hair piece ($24) when I had trouble receiving my package. It was lost for a week and I was about to repurchase it when my fiance found the original package in a wooded area around our mailbox. The idiot mail carrier put the package on the ground by the mailbox (instead of IN the mailbox or at our front porch!) and it blew away before I got home. It was out there for a week and a half! It rained and everything, the box was badly weathered, however, when I opened it, the hairpiece was unscathed. PHEW

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1336499018|3190211 said:
slg, I hope the tear isn't too bad. Veils are so delicate, and so expensive! I hope you'll still be able to wear it, or can fix it somehow.

gem_anemone, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are okay. My condolences to you and your friend's family. How awful. You are right, it really does put things into perspective. How fragile life is. As much fun as it can be getting lost in the details of wedding planning, I hope we can all remember the bigger picture, and most importantly to enjoy life while we can.

Thank you. Yes all these details seem so insignificant now that I know a loved one will not be a part of our wedding.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone, how are you doing? Again, I'm so sorry about your friend. Still, I hope you can find some comfort, and maybe even enjoyment, in planning your wedding. It must be hard, but I hope you're doing okay.

Okay. Yesterday I finally understood why brides turn into bridezillas. I think I might even have a little sympathy for them. I think, in a lot of cases, they have no choice. I am SO TIRED of worrying about what everyone else with think about my wedding. I'm so tired of trying to please everyone. I'm so tired of stressing about what my bridesmaids will think, worrying that they don't like what I've picked out for them, worrying that people will think my dress is too big or too showy or that I don't look good in it, worrying that people will be mad I scheduled my wedding in the winter and close to the holidays, worrying that I am spending too much on accessories, worrying that I am not spending enough on my bridesmaids, worrying that our next-day brunch is too early and people will be mad I didn't let them sleep in, worrying that my veil doesn't have lace appliques like my mom wanted....ENOUGH! Enough of what other people want and what other people think! I am so, so, so done with other people. This wedding is mine and FI's and everyone else is going to have to suck it up and enjoy what we have planned and quit whining about everything. Seriously. So this is what I'm doing: I'm going back to the first dress shop I went to, alone. I'm trying on the very first dress I tried on, and if I still like it as much as I think I do, I'm buying it. Everyone keeps telling me to try on more dresses, but I just... really don't want to. I tried to get an appointment at this place my FMIL wanted me to go to. I didn't see anything I really liked on their website, but I tried to make an appointment anyway, to appease the masses. I kept calling and no one would answer. Finally they answered, but the girl on the phone, other than loudly smacking her gum, said nothing to me other than "hold on a sec." She put me on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up. Eff that. Why should I have to put so much effort into something I don't even want to do? Forget it. I'm going back and buying the dress I like, and everyone else will just have to like it too. I'm also buying a veil that isn't the one my mom wants, and she can deal. And I bought my bridesmaids' gifts, because they were on sale, and I'm not going to sit around and worry about whether I spent too much or not enough or whatever gossip might ensure. They are nice gifts. They are going to have to like them. Everyone else can shove it, seriously. I'm doing what I want.

FI is also doing what he wants, which surprised me a little bit. I was kind of shocked to learn that he does not want the groomsmens' vests to match the bridesmaids' dresses. He informed me unceremoniously that they will wear gray or silver vests with black tuxes, and that's that. I didn't really have any plans to incorporate silver into our color pallette, and had always assumed they would wear the same blue as everyone else, but...okay. FI had a strong opinion about it so I'm going to roll with it! It's his wedding too! So we are both making decisions and everyone else be damned, because we have to start getting stuff done. Bridezilla and groomzilla are coming out! Watch out world!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1337013217|3194902 said:
Okay. Yesterday I finally understood why brides turn into bridezillas. I think I might even have a little sympathy for them. I think, in a lot of cases, they have no choice. I am SO TIRED of worrying about what everyone else with think about my wedding. I'm so tired of trying to please everyone. I'm so tired of stressing about what my bridesmaids will think, worrying that they don't like what I've picked out for them, worrying that people will think my dress is too big or too showy or that I don't look good in it, worrying that people will be mad I scheduled my wedding in the winter and close to the holidays, worrying that I am spending too much on accessories, worrying that I am not spending enough on my bridesmaids, worrying that our next-day brunch is too early and people will be mad I didn't let them sleep in, worrying that my veil doesn't have lace appliques like my mom wanted....ENOUGH! Enough of what other people want and what other people think! I am so, so, so done with other people. This wedding is mine and FI's and everyone else is going to have to suck it up and enjoy what we have planned and quit whining about everything. Seriously. So this is what I'm doing: I'm going back to the first dress shop I went to, alone. I'm trying on the very first dress I tried on, and if I still like it as much as I think I do, I'm buying it. Everyone keeps telling me to try on more dresses, but I just... really don't want to. I tried to get an appointment at this place my FMIL wanted me to go to. I didn't see anything I really liked on their website, but I tried to make an appointment anyway, to appease the masses. I kept calling and no one would answer. Finally they answered, but the girl on the phone, other than loudly smacking her gum, said nothing to me other than "hold on a sec." She put me on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up. Eff that. Why should I have to put so much effort into something I don't even want to do? Forget it. I'm going back and buying the dress I like, and everyone else will just have to like it too. I'm also buying a veil that isn't the one my mom wants, and she can deal. And I bought my bridesmaids' gifts, because they were on sale, and I'm not going to sit around and worry about whether I spent too much or not enough or whatever gossip might ensure. They are nice gifts. They are going to have to like them. Everyone else can shove it, seriously. I'm doing what I want.

FI is also doing what he wants, which surprised me a little bit. I was kind of shocked to learn that he does not want the groomsmens' vests to match the bridesmaids' dresses. He informed me unceremoniously that they will wear gray or silver vests with black tuxes, and that's that. I didn't really have any plans to incorporate silver into our color pallette, and had always assumed they would wear the same blue as everyone else, but...okay. FI had a strong opinion about it so I'm going to roll with it! It's his wedding too! So we are both making decisions and everyone else be damned, because we have to start getting stuff done. Bridezilla and groomzilla are coming out! Watch out world!

You go girl! :bigsmile: :appl:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I'm hanging in there...just trying to get back to a normal routine. Last week was pretty rough. My house is a mess, laundry's piled up and as you can probably guess I didn't progress on anything wedding related. :(( My shower is this coming weekend. I still have to put together shower favors and I told my MOH that I would make an appetizer. I did go shopping for the food, so all I have to do is put them together the night/morning before.

We didn't end up purchasing the invitations that I mentioned in an earlier post because my fiance was able to recreate the invitation and RSVP design that I liked in photoshop! We are going to have to print those by Memorial Day weekend. I still have to draw up the maps though to make them match the other inserts. I will have to post a pic of the actual invites and our recreation! It's not exact, but pretty good! We didn't get the exact font, but I ended up liking the one we used anyway. For reference the invitation I like is this:

http://www.zazzle.com/pixdezines_maple_tree_teal_blue_invitation-161752137983229328

blacksand wow that's cute that your fiance has an opinion on the vests, but yeah that's kind of weird that he wants them to be what color he feels like and didn't coordinate with the rest of the bridal party :lol: I would probably let it go too. Although my fiance originally wanted powder blue and we ended up with teal, so maybe I wouldn't have :devil: ;-)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
You have to make favors and an appetizer for your own shower? I guess it's not a surprise party, then! Well don't be too hard on yourself and don't worry if things like laundry aren't getting done. Your well-being is much more important than your laundry, so please take care of yourself. And do try to enjoy your shower, even though it seems hard right now. It's still your wedding shower, and it should be a very special day in your life! I wish you nothing but happy memories.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1337092299|3195611 said:
You have to make favors and an appetizer for your own shower? I guess it's not a surprise party, then! Well don't be too hard on yourself and don't worry if things like laundry aren't getting done. Your well-being is much more important than your laundry, so please take care of yourself. And do try to enjoy your shower, even though it seems hard right now. It's still your wedding shower, and it should be a very special day in your life! I wish you nothing but happy memories.

Thanks! I'm sure it will be great fun! No surprises here. I'm a planner :halo:

I guess I didn't HAVE to make my own favors or bring an appetizer to my own party, but I offered to. Typically my MOH and I are each other's go-to people for party planning and contributing along with two of my other bridesmaids. My MOH is throwing a brunch party and wanted tiny syrup bottle favors which were out of her budget, so I'm making it happen for her. I was able to find plain syrup bottles and decorate with my own labels and ribbon (well the ribbon is not quite done!) Also, I wanted an appetizer with smoked salmon, but she is vegetarian and didn't want to touch fish. It's OK. I don't mind helping out. :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1337105951|3195814 said:
blacksand|1337092299|3195611 said:

Thanks! I'm sure it will be great fun! No surprises here. I'm a planner :halo:

I guess I didn't HAVE to make my own favors or bring an appetizer to my own party, but I offered to. Typically my MOH and I are each other's go-to people for party planning and contributing along with two of my other bridesmaids. My MOH is throwing a brunch party and wanted tiny syrup bottle favors which were out of her budget, so I'm making it happen for her. I was able to find plain syrup bottles and decorate with my own labels and ribbon (well the ribbon is not quite done!) Also, I wanted an appetizer with smoked salmon, but she is vegetarian and didn't want to touch fish. It's OK. I don't mind helping out. :)

enjoy your shower!!!!

I leave tomorrow for TX...just wrapping up the last few details. I am trying to figure out when we should do our cake cutting...our wedding planner suggested after the toasts but I think it makes more sense before the toasts (so that it can be cut and served after the toasts, while the guests are still seated...the toasts will be after dinner).

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone said:
Also, I wanted an appetizer with smoked salmon, but she is vegetarian and didn't want to touch fish. It's OK. I don't mind helping out. :)

Ok, it is worth it for smoked salmon. I LOVE smoked salmon. I would be making those appetizers, too.

slg, have a safe trip!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1337126521|3196123 said:
enjoy your shower!!!!

I leave tomorrow for TX...just wrapping up the last few details. I am trying to figure out when we should do our cake cutting...our wedding planner suggested after the toasts but I think it makes more sense before the toasts (so that it can be cut and served after the toasts, while the guests are still seated...the toasts will be after dinner).

We are doing our toasts after the bridal party entrance, then dinner, then cake. I guess everyone has their own idea of the order of events. I'm sure whatever you pick will be great! :) Good luck!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks gem_anemone! i just think it would be weird to not serve the cake immediately after dinner...

do you guys have your own toasting flutes/cake server? i was just planning on using the ones the venue has!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results