carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever said:
I am a DIY bandeau veil making ninja!

No pictures because it's nothing fancy, nice and simple but looks great on and is not too OTT with my necklace. Best of all, hair combs (pack of 6), russian netting (enough for 2 veils), thread and needles = $20. I also got a 3m x.5m piece of tule to play with like the veil pictured above but it's a little bit much with the necklace. However it will be perfect for a hens night veil :bigsmile:
oo I want to see it!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever do you have pics of your veil?

1st batch of invitations went out today!! I found a post office worker who will hand cancel :) she said that she just thinks wedding invitations are so special and even asked to see the inside of one when I bring the next batch.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No Pics yet because I think I need to remake- one is a little too short and the other too long so I'm going to cut that one down a bit.

2 weeks to go!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Remade my veil yesterday with some pearl combes. Not TOTALLY convinced with the combs. They're nicer than the previous plastic numbers but might be a bit much and a too "bitty" with the necklace. However, it is just for the ceremony so does it really matter?

veil comb.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I also took my MOH accessory shopping yesterday and this is what we got. I'm very happy with it, she probably needs a teeny tiny pearl necklace or something to go with it so I am going to keep and eye out for one.

bmoutfit.jpg

BMoutfitcloseup.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love your MOH's ensemble!

I want to screaaaaaaam! 20 days away from the wedding... And our band broke up and won't be playing our reception! We booked them back in October, had a hiccup before the holidays, but we thought it was all sorted.

We'll still get married anyway, but having a good live band was really important to me!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
The MOH stuff is cute!

OSUPear that sucks about your band!

I have made no bookings on my ceremony music since I mentioned it a few weeks ago. I got pricing for classical guitarists and they are not really in the budget. I contacted an acquaintaince who DJ's hoping for him to provide speakers and iPod music on the cheap. My FI doesn't seem happy with that. I think he really wants live music. I don't know how to make it happen. I mean, I could just go over the budget, but FI didn't seem happy with that either when I mentioned it. I would love for him to be happy, but his feedback isn't clueing me in on how to react. Do you guys think I should just book the guitarists? Does anyone think I would I regret spending the money? I somehow don't think I would. Also I am sick of going back and forth on this and would really like to cross it off of my list.

Also MY DRESS IS IN! It came in two months early! I am going with my mom to try it on tonight :D

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever love your MOH ensemble.

OU-oh no! is someone else going to play?

gem anemone-how exciting!!! (about your dress, not about the stress, lol!) I hope it is just perfect! As far as the guitarists...could you maybe only hire one? Or look for a student/non-professional to save $$?

I am having my 1st fitting tomorrow and my bridal portraits on Thursday! I am so excited to try on the dress again :) Plus I got my veil and I love it!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever said:
Remade my veil yesterday with some pearl combes. Not TOTALLY convinced with the combs. They're nicer than the previous plastic numbers but might be a bit much and a too "bitty" with the necklace. However, it is just for the ceremony so does it really matter?
I love it!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUpearlgirl said:
Love your MOH's ensemble!

I want to screaaaaaaam! 20 days away from the wedding... And our band broke up and won't be playing our reception! We booked them back in October, had a hiccup before the holidays, but we thought it was all sorted.

We'll still get married anyway, but having a good live band was really important to me!
oh no!! That stinks!!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1332768204|3156544 said:
gem anemone-how exciting!!! (about your dress, not about the stress, lol!) I hope it is just perfect! As far as the guitarists...could you maybe only hire one? Or look for a student/non-professional to save $$?

I am having my 1st fitting tomorrow and my bridal portraits on Thursday! I am so excited to try on the dress again :) Plus I got my veil and I love it!!

I thought about going with a non-professional, but I just feel like I'll be stressing that something will go wrong if I book an amateur...I think I'm going to end up splurging. Ah well you only get married once, right? :halo:

Have fun with your bridal portraits! I'm sure you're going to look beautiful! I remember when you posted your dress.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
thanks gem_anemone! I'm going in for a fitting tomorrow so I may post pics :)

we got our first response card back...is it weird that I was so excited about it?!?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47 said:
thanks gem_anemone! I'm going in for a fitting tomorrow so I may post pics :)

we got our first response card back...is it weird that I was so excited about it?!?
post pics!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
OU - that SUCKS! Hope you get it sorted out soon. Do you have a plan B?

Gem - If I were in your position I would probably contact a music school and see if you find anyone. If you are worried about something going wrong with am amateur I reckon go to a children's music school and see if you book a crazy talented kind to play - benefit being, if they mess up, it's not awkward, it's really cute and endearing.
Also show us the dress!

slg - Nah, be excited, response cards are fun! Yay bridal portraits.

Drama this week; Had the PERFECT seating plan sorted and confirmed and then noticed on facebook that my Uncle (who my mum invited before asking me) just broke up with the random girlfriend he wanted to bring :roll: And that's why you only invite partners who your guests are living together or married to *sigh*. Also we got new stock in store today and I found a style which looks much nicer with my engagment ring than my wedding ring does :angryfire: I'm trying not to think about it. Fi's ring finnally turned up today....and it was wrong. So I planned everything out to get it fixed....and then he decided he liked it after all :roll: And as a grand fanale, looks like it's going to rain the whole week of our wedding - our wedding which is on a beautiful island with beaches and lots of wineries and not much else.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww 4ever! I'm so sorry. Well, even if it's raining, you will still be married! I hope the weather clears up.

Slg, no it's not weird to be excited! I loved getting them in the mail and reading what some people add to them. SO fun!

My parent's are going to hear a band on Wednesday. They're in talks with another one as well-- so all is not lost. I'm just trying to keep from panicking! The florist is sending me sample pictures today, I'm excited to see if she understands what I want! I need something in this wedding to go smoothly! We've hit so many little and big bumps along the way.

18 days!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1332854153|3157247 said:
Awww 4ever! I'm so sorry. Well, even if it's raining, you will still be married! I hope the weather clears up.

Slg, no it's not weird to be excited! I loved getting them in the mail and reading what some people add to them. SO fun!

My parent's are going to hear a band on Wednesday. They're in talks with another one as well-- so all is not lost. I'm just trying to keep from panicking! The florist is sending me sample pictures today, I'm excited to see if she understands what I want! I need something in this wedding to go smoothly! We've hit so many little and big bumps along the way.

18 days!

oh my gosh OU---so soon!!! I hope the band works out!

4ever fingers crossed for good weather for you

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
4ever - OMG I hope it does not rain for you! I'm revisiting my ceremony location on Friday. I am going to work through the planning for if it rains on my day. I need to find out if I can get the harpist that I originally wanted (which is not over budget). She is worried about what will happen if it rains and that's the main reason she hasn't said she would do it yet and why I was looking at other instruments. Thanks for the input on music. I am terrified of booking an amateur. I'll look into children if I cannot get the harpist as that is a good idea!

slg lets see some pics! :)

OU good luck with the new band and sorry for getting your name wrong in my last post! :)

Here is my beautiful dress before alterations! I could not be happier with the way it turned out! I really only need cups sewn in and a small bustle. You can see my blue shoes and the back of the dress in the second pic (with strings instead of the real laces). Thanks for looking!
love%20012.jpg

love%20009.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone, your dress looks fabulous on you!

I have pictures from the florist today! She was throwing together my sample bouquets and wanted my input. I am THRILLED with what she's done! They are sitting in mint julep cups, as they will during the reception. They will actually be tied with striped organza ribbon. Anyway, I know you all like pictures!!

528687_10100689779827587_9619038_51472818_2087133391_n.jpg

544953_10100689777986277_9619038_51472802_491156874_n.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK no pics but I will share some pics from the bridal shower...and of course the actual bridal pics when I get them! I had a hair trial today and LOVE it.

gem_anemone I love your dress!!!! I can't wait to see it all fitted and everything!

OU your bouquets look great!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
gem_anemone, your dress looks amazing! OU, your flowers look beautiful, but I'm so sorry about the band! What a nightmare; I hope you can get it sorted quickly.

I took all your advice and am finally getting organized about my planning. "Suck it up and do it" is the best advice I've ever received, so I'm doing it! I made an appointment to go try on dresses on the 14th. It's still a little ways off, but with my Dad's birthday this weekend and Easter next weekend, it was the best I could do. My mom and FMIL will be coming with me. I waffled on the whole FSIL issue...I wanted to invite her, then she kind of...flipped out on us, and I was kind of miserable for a while, and now, as of this weekend she's being over-the-top saccharine sweet (frankly, the sweetness is as out of place as the meanness was before) and she keeps saying she wants us to "hang out" like "real sisters." Umm....I do want to have a good relationship with her, and ok, I will hang out with her, but frankly she's a little scary right now, and I have no idea what will set her off next. So ultimately I decided not to bring her dress shopping. I don't need the added stress. She will probably be mad that her mom is invited and she's not, but that's just kind of too bad for her. I'm tired of stressing about other people's drama. I just want dress shopping to be a pleasant experience, if I can manage it!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1332950123|3158212 said:
gem_anemone, your dress looks amazing! OU, your flowers look beautiful, but I'm so sorry about the band! What a nightmare; I hope you can get it sorted quickly.

I took all your advice and am finally getting organized about my planning. "Suck it up and do it" is the best advice I've ever received, so I'm doing it! I made an appointment to go try on dresses on the 14th. It's still a little ways off, but with my Dad's birthday this weekend and Easter next weekend, it was the best I could do. My mom and FMIL will be coming with me. I waffled on the whole FSIL issue...I wanted to invite her, then she kind of...flipped out on us, and I was kind of miserable for a while, and now, as of this weekend she's being over-the-top saccharine sweet (frankly, the sweetness is as out of place as the meanness was before) and she keeps saying she wants us to "hang out" like "real sisters." Umm....I do want to have a good relationship with her, and ok, I will hang out with her, but frankly she's a little scary right now, and I have no idea what will set her off next. So ultimately I decided not to bring her dress shopping. I don't need the added stress. She will probably be mad that her mom is invited and she's not, but that's just kind of too bad for her. I'm tired of stressing about other people's drama. I just want dress shopping to be a pleasant experience, if I can manage it!

blacksand I hope your dress shopping goes well! I would recommend looking at some styles online but keep an open mind when you go in and try different things on-you might be surprised at what you like!

I can't wait to get my bridal portraits back! I think I will be taking a PS break though because I have my qualifying exams coming up soon and I can't seem to make myself study...gaah...

We are struggling to find a non-cheesy parent dance song...any ideas? We e-mailed our DJ. First dance will be You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne-we had a dance lesson last weekend.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone said:
4ever - OMG I hope it does not rain for you! I'm revisiting my ceremony location on Friday. I am going to work through the planning for if it rains on my day. I need to find out if I can get the harpist that I originally wanted (which is not over budget). She is worried about what will happen if it rains and that's the main reason she hasn't said she would do it yet and why I was looking at other instruments. Thanks for the input on music. I am terrified of booking an amateur. I'll look into children if I cannot get the harpist as that is a good idea!

slg lets see some pics! :)

OU good luck with the new band and sorry for getting your name wrong in my last post! :)

Here is my beautiful dress before alterations! I could not be happier with the way it turned out! I really only need cups sewn in and a small bustle. You can see my blue shoes and the back of the dress in the second pic (with strings instead of the real laces). Thanks for looking!
love%20012.jpg

love%20009.jpg
you look stunning!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say a quick goodbye - I'm off to Waiheke island this morning and wedding is tomorrow afternoon. Eeep!

Thank you for for your help ladies! I'll be back, hopefully with a couple of pictures :wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1333483563|3162676 said:
Just wanted to say a quick goodbye - I'm off to Waiheke island this morning and wedding is tomorrow afternoon. Eeep!

Thank you for for your help ladies! I'll be back, hopefully with a couple of pictures :wavey:

congrats 4ever!!! best wishes for your wedding!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1333488141|3162747 said:
4ever|1333483563|3162676 said:

congrats 4ever!!! best wishes for your wedding!

How exciting! Best wishes for a wedding that exceeds your happiest dreams! :appl:

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, 4ever! Hoping you have a wonderful day and wedding! :D

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Have an amazing time, 4ever! Can't wait to hear all about it!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I got my bridal portraits today (online gallery). I'll post a few shots (they have logos-I'll get the ones without logos soonish)

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.05.03%20PM.png
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.08.57%20PM.png
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.09.31%20PM.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1333999080|3166757 said:
I got my bridal portraits today (online gallery). I'll post a few shots (they have logos-I'll get the ones without logos soonish)

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.05.03%20PM.png
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.08.57%20PM.png
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-09%20at%2012.09.31%20PM.png

Beautiful, soft, romantic and feminine! Thanks so much for posting these, they turned out lovely.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I have a lot more-I'll start a thread when I get the non-logo pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results