shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wooo, 4 month mark is exciting! I think we are around 3 1/2 but now that most the of the big stuff is sorted I do feel a little more excited about it actually happening!

Going well:

Met with florist- wrist corsages are go! I'm having one exactly like the picture above and my BM and the mums will have smaller ones. The flowers tied to the jars is a no go- the florist said it's not worth doing because every flower would have to be wired which is time consuming and thus expensive and she thinks you wouldn't get much impact out of it unless you did it on a lot of the jars which = too expensive. So we are doing a couple of the jars along the table with the same flowers as the corsages just in them...like regular :(sad I'm sure it will still look nice, I was just a bit disappointed.

Did I say that FI told me 2 weeks ago that our celebrant (a friend of his) won't be able to officiate anymore? He has early onset Alzheimer's and has gotten worse this year and really just wouldn't be able to cope with it. He also slipped this into polite conversation while we were out in town having dinner before our movie started, less than 4 months before the wedding! :shock: So we went home right after that so I could look up celebrants who may still be free and generally go crazy.

THEN as we are in the midst of meeting celebrants my mum tells me she's always been meaning to get her celebrants licence and if she did it now could she officiate. Ummm, YES! My mum would be a brilliant celebrant. So now the interviewing of celebrants is on hold while my mum puts her application together.

Invitations are done, waiting for FI to acquire some of his friends postal addresses and then we are good to go- probably won't go out till at least Christmas now unfortunately.

Ordered my shoes! SHOES! Ordered some 4.5" peep toe pumps with a slightly more square (not stiletto) heel with a hidden 1" platform in a dark cream/light nude real snake skin. They are being handmade for me so wont arrive till the end of January but I'm very excited and nervous.

Biggest thing left to do: Book honeymoon and make massive list of activities etc for honeymoon registry. I'm working all the way up to Christmas but FI has a couple of weeks off so I have assigned him this job.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wooo, 4 month mark is exciting! I think we are around 3 1/2 but now that most the of the big stuff is sorted I do feel a little more excited about it actually happening!

Going well:

Met with florist- wrist corsages are go! I'm having one exactly like the picture above and my BM and the mums will have smaller ones. The flowers tied to the jars is a no go- the florist said it's not worth doing because every flower would have to be wired which is time consuming and thus expensive and she thinks you wouldn't get much impact out of it unless you did it on a lot of the jars which = too expensive. So we are doing a couple of the jars along the table with the same flowers as the corsages just in them...like regular :(sad I'm sure it will still look nice, I was just a bit disappointed.

Did I say that FI told me 2 weeks ago that our celebrant (a friend of his) won't be able to officiate anymore because he has early onset Alzheimer's and has gotten worse this year and really just wouldn't be able to cope with it. He also slipped this into polite conversation while we were out in town having dinner before our movie started, less than 4 months before the wedding! :shock: So we went home right after that so I could look up celebrants who may still be free.

THEN as we are in the midst of meeting celebrants my mum tells me she's always been meaning to get her celebrants licence and if she did it now could she officiate. Ummm, YES! My mum would be a brilliant celebrant. So now the interviewing of celebrants is on hold while my mum puts her application together.

Invitations are done, waiting for FI to acquire some of his friends postal addresses and then we are good to go- probably won't go out till at least Christmas now unfortunately.

Ordered my shoes! SHOES! Ordered some 4.5" peep toe pumps with a slightly more square (not stiletto) heel with a hidden 1" platform in a dark cream/light nude real snake skin. They are being handmade for me so wont arrive till the end of January but I'm very excited and nervous.

Biggest thing left to do: Book honeymoon and make massive list of activities etc for honeymoon registry. I'm working all the way up to Christmas but FI has a couple of weeks off so I have assigned him this job.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1324239053|3084102 said:

Going well:

Did I say that FI told me 2 weeks ago that our celebrant (a friend of his) won't be able to officiate anymore because he has early onset Alzheimer's and has gotten worse this year and really just wouldn't be able to cope with it. He also slipped this into polite conversation while we were out in town having dinner before our movie started, less than 4 months before the wedding! :shock: So we went home right after that so I could look up celebrants who may still be free.

4ever-can't wait to see your shoes! and how exciting that your mom can officiate :)

I am planning to do our invitations before the semester starts up again because I will have time...

lots of meetings this week when we are in TX for the holiday...linens, tasting, meeting with officiant, meeting with rehearsal dinner space...

q...do y'all think it is OK to hand out our welcome bags at the rehearsal dinner? it seems like it would be a huge PITA to find out where everyone is staying since we weren't able to block rooms for everyone, plus some places charge $4 for gift bags...I think FI's mom wants us to have them at the hotels but then we would either have to ask everyone or get them to indicate their hotel on the response card...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1324248181|3084168 said:
q...do y'all think it is OK to hand out our welcome bags at the rehearsal dinner? it seems like it would be a huge PITA to find out where everyone is staying since we weren't able to block rooms for everyone, plus some places charge $4 for gift bags...I think FI's mom wants us to have them at the hotels but then we would either have to ask everyone or get them to indicate their hotel on the response card...

I think it's fine if everyone at the rehearsal dinner is getting one, or else it might be a little weird. And also depends what's in them, as a guest I probably wouldn't want to have to look after and transport back to the hotel anything too bulky or heavy (wines etc would be a pain). As a guest I think I would prefer them to be at the hotel when we arrived, but from a brides POV I can see that it might be too much hassle.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1324259585|3084247 said:
slg47|1324248181|3084168 said:

I think it's fine if everyone at the rehearsal dinner is getting one, or else it might be a little weird. And also depends what's in them, as a guest I probably wouldn't want to have to look after and transport back to the hotel anything too bulky or heavy (wines etc would be a pain). As a guest I think I would prefer them to be at the hotel when we arrived, but from a brides POV I can see that it might be too much hassle.

oh no, no wine! and everyone would get one for sure. I was thinking something really small, like lunch/paper bag sized.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Then nothing wrong with giving them out at the rehearsal IMO.

Can I be nosey and ask what you're thinking of including?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1324263399|3084292 said:
Then nothing wrong with giving them out at the rehearsal IMO.

Can I be nosey and ask what you're thinking of including?

of course! i really haven't put that much thought into it yet...probably a bottle of water, some snacks, welcome note, maybe some bluebonnet seeds? (that is our state flower and I think we can get them for free). i'm trying to think of other TX-themed items...for most of our guests this will be their first trip to TX! we're doing pecan pralines for our wedding favors so maybe some other good snack item?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Are your guests staying just for the wedding or do they have time to do other things too?

If I were a guest at a destination wedding and had some spare time I'd really appreciate a little write up or some brochures of good activities in the area, places to eat and any areas worth exploring etc.

Also I think snacks are great if your guests get back to the hotel and feeling peckish or to pop in a bag and take with them while they wonder about. So thumbs up for lots of snacks!

I think bluebonnet seeds are a neat idea! You could do some little instructions and maybe paint little marker popsicle sticks or something as markers.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Where in TX? I have a few ideas depending on which big city you are near. I can't wait to see your shoes.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1324342796|3084955 said:
Where in TX? I have a few ideas depending on which big city you are near. I can't wait to see your shoes.

Austin!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok going to bring my dress in for alterations tomorrow...NOT anywhere near my goal weight but they have a LOT of hemming to do because my dress is a sample made for a tall person. plus it has a corset back so hopefully if i reach my goal weight we can just cinch it in! i'm excited to try it on again :) :) :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My necklace arrived today :naughty:

It's pretty fantastic. "Pearls" round the back are a bit more yellow than expected and I may borrow some jumprings and pliers from work and mess with it a little bit, and I do really want to see it in the daylight....but I thinks it's a go :appl:
http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/picture/351669

Also I got summonded for jury service for a 12 week trial next year which happens to cover when our wedding is! Urrg! So, I'm sure they'll let me off but what are the chances? I've only been summoned once before for the exact 4 weeks when FI was due to be visiting me from the UK before he moved here. I get the feeling that the NZ justice system hates my relationship. Knowing my luck I'm betting next time they will call me up for a trial scheduled for when I am due to give birth. :nono:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1324447585|3085881 said:
My necklace arrived today :naughty:

It's pretty fantastic. "Pearls" round the back are a bit more yellow than expected and I may borrow some jumprings and pliers from work and mess with it a little bit, and I do really want to see it in the daylight....but I thinks it's a go :appl:
http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/picture/351669

Also I got summonded for jury service for a 12 week trial next year which happens to cover when our wedding is! Urrg! So, I'm sure they'll let me off but what are the chances? I've only been summoned once before for the exact 4 weeks when FI was due to be visiting me from the UK before he moved here. I get the feeling that the NZ justice system hates my relationship. Knowing my luck I'm betting next time they will call me up for a trial scheduled for when I am due to give birth. :nono:

4ever that necklace is fantastic!

as far as jury duty...maybe they won't pick you?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I've been trying it on with some of my pearl ropes wrapped around a couple of times and that looks pretty cool too- different look entirely.

I've applied to complete jury service later in the year. I'm certain they'll accept that. Worst case I don't show up and get finned $1000 *shrugs*

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Six days till my final wedding.

So excited.

But already sad it's all going to be over soon. Waaah! ;(

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta, I guess I'm too late to wish you good luck! I hope everything went wonderfully, and I can't wait to hear about it! 4ever, everything is coming along so nicely for you, except for the jury duty! I hope you can get out of it. It's funny they let you know in advance how long your trial will be. Here, we just show up to the courthouse and find out that day. You never know how long you'll be away from work. The good thing is that sometimes you don't get picked for trial at all, and then you just get to go home. It's a waste of a day, but at least it's just one day, and it fulfills your civic duty.

Our wedding still seems so far off, but I'm happy it's less than a year now!

FI and I brought both sets of parents to our venue for dinner on December 22nd, our pre-anniversary, or negative first wedding anniversary, as we called it! It was absolutely exquisite. The Christmas decorations were stunning. Beautiful lights outside, a huge tree in the lobby, gingerbread houses, wreaths, candied fruit and lots of Old World details. But the dining room and atrium where we'll have our cocktail hour was very subtle, just a few discreet wreaths that won't interfere at all with our decorations. Perfect. Our dinner was unbelievable and we got to sample some items from our wedding menu. The service was incredible. My mom is in a wheelchair and they could not have been more accommodating, everything was 100% accessible and they made sure she didn't feel any different from any other guest (they made sure she had everything she needed without making her feel, in her words, "like a cripple"). The food was so delicious and they gave us a significant discount since we had booked our wedding there. It was such a nice little preview of what our wedding will be like! I'm so excited.

We also got our Save the Dates in. I'll be sending them out after New Year's. I know it's early, but people have really been bugging us for details, and since our wedding is during a busy time of year, I want to give people lots of notice! Our Save the Dates are not too exciting. We did magnets, since I always misplace postcards and other things people send. Magnets go up on the fridge and stay there for a year as a constant reminder, so it seemed the most practical way to go. I think they came out great. I'll post a picture soon.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I hope planning is going well for everyone! Can't wait to see pictures of all the little details coming to fruition!

blacksand, just wanted to chime in and say be careful when sending magnets. A friend of mine did magnet save the dates and a bunch of people ended up not getting theirs because they stuck together when they went through the cancelling machine but then got separated at some point! I might suggest having them hand cancelled and taking them in a few separate batches to the post office!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
rosetta I hope everything was just wonderful!

blacksand-sounds exciting! that's awesome that they were so accommodating of your mom, and how cool that you went on your -1 anniversary :) we also just had our tasting...everything was really delicious! we also had our epics...the only day the weather was nice that week!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Good news- my jury service is postponed till later in the year.
Also, invites were posted earlier in the week and one of my friends just messaged me on facebook to say how beautiful they are and she also really loves our wedding website. Yay!

Working on the honeymoon with FI ATM- it is hard work!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous veil

We are thinking somewhere in Australia ATM. A big city or two with lots to do. We will probably do the Gold Coast for 3 days or so to do the theme parks but no clue where else we should go. It's been a LONG time since I've been to AUS and FI has never been.

We would love to go to Hongkong or the US but at the VERY most it would only be 2 weeks and that just doesn't seem like enough time to do everything we'd want to do or to justify the cost of the tickets.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My shoes are done! What do you think?

I'm reserving judgment until I try them on for colour and see if they're a good nude for me. Should arrive later this week.

Nudesnake.JPG

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the shoes!

vc10um, thanks for the warning about the save the dates. We went out and bought cardboard holders to put them in so they don't stick together through the envelopes. I still need to upload a pic, but I haven't had a chance just yet! They are not as impressive as some of the beautiful creations I have seen on here, but I like them, anyway!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks black sand, I love them too but......they are probably going back. They don't fit quite right and the colour is a little to dark for me (and for what I expected) to look neutral. :(sad

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1325739424|3095497 said:
Thanks black sand, I love them too but......they are probably going back. They don't fit quite right and the colour is a little to dark for me (and for what I expected) to look neutral. :(sad

:( that's too bad...but at least you can send back? can we help you find some similar shoes online or do you prefer to shop locally?

in other news...my epics are coming TODAY by the end of the day! I can't wait!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
eep here they are! I think I get the files at some point, so for now they have a logo, but here is a sneak peek...
slg47epic.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
slg- that photo is so gorgeous! I love your faces! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

I'm not sure what to do about the shoes yet. The choice locally is just beyond pitiful but shipping on shoes from the US is always around $60US and the return policys on international shipments seem to be pretty shocking if they don't fit.

Oooh! Also we booked our honeymoon this week! A week in Sydney and 3 days in the gold coast with LOTS of theme parks! Almost done with our honeymoon registry too! Feeling very onto it ATM. I am still looking for really nice/cool/yummy restaurants in central Sydney to add to our registry if anyone has suggestions?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1326057006|3098073 said:
slg- that photo is so gorgeous! I love your faces! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

I'm not sure what to do about the shoes yet. The choice locally is just beyond pitiful but shipping on shoes from the US is always around $60US and the return policys on international shipments seem to be pretty shocking if they don't fit.

Oooh! Also we booked our honeymoon this week! A week in Sydney and 3 days in the gold coast with LOTS of theme parks! Almost done with our honeymoon registry too! Feeling very onto it ATM. I am still looking for really nice/cool/yummy restaurants in central Sydney to add to our registry if anyone has suggestions?

oh wow...that honeymoon sounds fantastic!

are there really no shoes locally? :( you guys need a zappos!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous photo, slg! Almost makes me want to take some belated e-pics myself. Was that part of your wedding photography package?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1326125873|3098491 said:
Gorgeous photo, slg! Almost makes me want to take some belated e-pics myself. Was that part of your wedding photography package?

thanks blacksand! all of the photography packages with our photographer are customizable (so no set packages...you just sort of add the things you want) so we added an engagement session. I am so thrilled with the way the pictures turned out!

I got my bridesmaid gifts today! (or at least part of them)...and they were 33% off! I saw these in a store and they didn't have three...but I called Nordstrom and they were able to order for me with free shipping :)
coachwristlet.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results