shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the dust, slg! Currently trying my best to not stalk the weather! Nothing is outside, thank goodness, but I was hoping for some outdoor pictures at the Art Museum. If it rains, though, Union Station in KC is a GORGEOUS back up! LOL.

happybear, I think you picked an excellent weekend to get married! I hope the last few days go smoothly for you, and I definitely suggest some Tylenol PM/Unisom! Sleep is SO IMPORTANT right now! I hope your big day is perfect!!! Mucho **DUST** to you!

rosetta, you're freaking GORGEOUS. That is all! :D ;-)

As for me...FI is amazing. We didn't have a container in house large enough to make 18 cups of BBQ rub, so he spent 20 minutes cleaning and bleaching a 3 gallon bucket to make sure it was safe to use for mixing! Now THAT'S love! :love: Favors are filled and ready to be packed. I have a long list of things that need to be picked up in KC, but should prove to be a non-issue (mostly stuff for the rumpus table and the U4 favors, plus food for Anth and myself during the first few days there, and various other odds and ends, like a card box...) and I am getting super super duper excited.

But I still need to write my vows! :errrr:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
rosetta, you look absolutely gorgeous!! Love the dress :love:
I'll give it one more shot tonight without medication. If still unsuccessful, I'll get some sleeping pills tomorrow. I don't think I can last until Friday if this carries on. Thanks for the advice! :wavey:

vc, thanks for the dust! :D Same goes to you too! I am sure your wedding will be fabulous! Wow... fireworks! Cool!! :)) Look forward to seeing your awesome photos!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
VC your FI is just adorable. what a guy! he's a definite keeper.

now get working on those vows young lady!

:appl: <--------- this is me going "chop chop missy!"

:bigsmile:

and thank you for the kind compliments

:oops: <------ this is me blushing all coyly

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
V & SB, I may have FI put my ring away, but I definitely wanted to wear it a little bit just to make sure I don't want to make any changes/have it resized before the big day! V, glad you're getting your favors done and that FI is being so helpful! That makes such a huge difference. I hope you're able to get your photos at the art museum - that would make for some great shots. But Union Station would be gorgeous. If we had infinite time for e-pics, I totally would have wanted some photos in there! Oh and good luck on the vows!

Rosetta, your dress looks amazing! It really flatters you and the jacket is great! I'm looking around for some kind of cover up to go with my dress - I love the option!

Happy bear, hope you got some sleep last night!

VC - your programs are super cute. I love them. Excellent work.

Here's some **dust** for you, and for happybear and Rosetta. Weather dust, sleep dust, looking gorgeous dust, and all the other kinds of dust for which you could wish!

I was at a wedding in Chicago this weekend, and it couldn't have come at a better time. It was definitely fancier than mine will be (held at the downtown Wyndham) but I was able to get a couple of ideas. I paid attention to the "flow of the day," and I am especially happy that there will only be approximately 1 and a half hours from when we get married until cocktail hour starts. I heard lots of gripes by folks attending the ceremony who weren't in the bridal party about what to do for FIVE HOURS in between the ceremony and cocktail hour.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the dust FMS, especially the weather dust! It is raining cats and dogs here right now :errrr:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Argh...PS ate my post from yesterday!

Anyway, it boiled down to "thanks for the dust, everyone, and the kick in the pants to write my vows, rosetta!"

FMS, 5 hours sounds excessive! I was having a hard time justifying 2.5 hours, but with a half hour transfer between the ceremony and reception, I wasn't going to be able to get all the pics I wanted unless we had at least that amount of time.

Can I request a little **dust**??? One of the stops we were planning on making for photos is a coffee shop in FI's hometown that has a super-adorable loft-style interior and a cute and comfy love seat up in the loft area. Well, we just found out they've decided to be closed on Sundays during the summer. ;( FI put in a call yesterday and the barista said she would talk to her boss (the owner) to see if someone could stop by and help us out by opening up the place and pulling a few coffees. So, can you send some "open the coffee shop just for our pictures" dust my way??? Thanks!

You got it!

***^^^+++DUST+++^^^*** for coffee shop. Here's more ~~~DUST~~~ for everything else, too!

I FINALLY got my reply cards and map cards printed last night - HOORAY!!! I had to bite the bullet and buy a printer from Target. Found on that was on sale for $70 and it worked like a dream. Took a while to print, but no big deal. Everything turned out. When I get the invite package all assembled, I'll post pics in the DIY forum.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
FMS, I'm SO glad you got those printed! Hopefully the printer comes in handy for the rest of your wedding as well!

Our best DIY investment was our paper cutter!

I am a wedding packing NINJA!

My little rollerboard is currently holding:
~my wedding dress
~my shoes
~all 3 sashes (I have a backup purple one...the one from DB was too thin, and when my seamstress altered it, she got it to be wider, but it's still thinner than the waistband on the dress...)
~hair flowers for myself and my MOH/sister
~my something old, new, and borrowed (my Michigan garter is coming with one of my 'maids, that's my blue)
~my shawl my friend knitted me
~my jewelry box from my friend from my shower, which is holding all my ceremony and rehearsal jewelry
~my undergarments, including the bridal nightie from my b-pics and my "sexy little bride" undies from my shower
~my day-of tote bag
~garment bags for my dress and veil
~a shoe bag to hold the SWs and keep them safe in the hotel
~the table runners from winelover
and
~FI's card and prezzie :naughty:

WINNING!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling|1308668562|2951011 said:
I FINALLY got my reply cards and map cards printed last night - HOORAY!!! I had to bite the bullet and buy a printer from Target. Found on that was on sale for $70 and it worked like a dream. Took a while to print, but no big deal. Everything turned out. When I get the invite package all assembled, I'll post pics in the DIY forum.

Aww, that sucks that neither of those printers worked!!! :(sad Oh well, we tried...LOL

We did try -- and thank you so much for your help! I bought ink but after putting it in, the darn thing still wouldn't work. The printers ended up in my trash bin.

Check out the DIY forum to see the finished product. I just put all the pics there!

vc10um|1308781008|2952309 said:
I am a wedding packing NINJA!

My little rollerboard is currently holding:
~my wedding dress
~my shoes
~all 3 sashes (I have a backup purple one...the one from DB was too thin, and when my seamstress altered it, she got it to be wider, but it's still thinner than the waistband on the dress...)
~hair flowers for myself and my MOH/sister
~my something old, new, and borrowed (my Michigan garter is coming with one of my 'maids, that's my blue)
~my shawl my friend knitted me
~my jewelry box from my friend from my shower, which is holding all my ceremony and rehearsal jewelry
~my undergarments, including the bridal nightie from my b-pics and my "sexy little bride" undies from my shower
~my day-of tote bag
~garment bags for my dress and veil
~a shoe bag to hold the SWs and keep them safe in the hotel
~the table runners from winelover
and
~FI's card and prezzie :naughty:

WINNING!

Wow, you must give me packing lessons. I always overpack. So, you're all ready??? Are you jumping out of your skin yet?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling|1308796775|2952561 said:
Wow, you must give me packing lessons. I always overpack. So, you're all ready??? Are you jumping out of your skin yet?

Truth is, FMS, when you squish all the air out of crinoline, you can pack that wedding dress is almost no space at all!!! LOL!!! That's really my only secret!

I am just ready to get the SHOW ON THE ROAD. Our flight out is at 1:40. I have some last second things to pack (toiletries and whatnot) and as soon as I finish my tea, my Rembrandt whitening trays are going in!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
OMG Vc, good luck for everything! I hope it all goes to plan, enjoy every second my dear!

A big wedding hug and smooch from me xxooxx

:appl: :appl: :appl:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, rosetta!

We are in "hurry up and wait" mode right now, because there's no sense in leaving for the airport for another 2+ hours but everything is pretty much done! I have a lot of excitement building up now that's replacing the anxious stress that built up before everything was packed and ready to go. All I need to do is throw on some makeup, turn off my computer, and blow dry my hair, and we are D-O-N-E.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if I can help you with anything in KC. :appl: :appl: :appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
vc, I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! by the time you read this, you'll be in KC on your way to GETTING MARRIED!!!

For anyone who remembers me mentioning my grandpa - I have great news!!! He was told by the doctor that he is officially in remission! They are going to check him in 3 months again, very routine, but we are in the clear for now. I am so relieved and happy that he will get to walk me down the aisle.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling|1308885236|2953735 said:
For anyone who remembers me mentioning my grandpa - I have great news!!! He was told by the doctor that he is officially in remission! They are going to check him in 3 months again, very routine, but we are in the clear for now. I am so relieved and happy that he will get to walk me down the aisle.

Fantastic news! :appl: You must be over the moon.

VC - I'm so excited for you! Everything will be gorgeous and you are going to have a blast!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling|1308885236|2953735 said:

FMS, that's AMAZING news!!! I was hoping we'd get an update from you with good news! <3

I'm just not ready to leave you ladies yet!!! We have arrived safely in KC! My flowers from Bridesign.com arrived yesterday and they are AMAZINGLY PERFECT. :love: Now to keep them alive until Sunday...shouldn't be too hard seeing as the flowers come straight from the fields instead of going through distributors first, so they have more days of "life" left in them than standard cut flowers!

Everything appears to have made it safely to KC...but some of our clothes smell a little like BBQ, LOL. Apparently the tins and the plastic they're in just aren't enough to contain the smell of sweet and smoky rub! AND, to add to my packing-ninja-ness...our checked bag clocked in at 48.0 lbs. WOOT. If ANYTHING ELSE had gone in that bag, we were going over the limit.

We're off to the clerk's office to get that little piece of paper that says we can get married, and then running a bunch of errands today! I need U4 favors and rumpus table stuff, a bunch of stuff from Target (cards for the wedding party, gift bags, etc.) and stuff from Michael's (card box for the reception being at the top of that list)...but once we have the license, I will officially RELAX. :D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
He he, I keep thinking in US time VC will be married and probably all conked out some where. Tehehehe :bigsmile:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, I got my studs and settings for WF today ::) I got the 0.25ctw ready set go martinis in white gold and some martini settings only for some gorgeous 0.82ctw which I got from work. So the 0.82ctw stones still need to be set into these settings so no pics yet. In the mean time I'm wearing the 0.25ctw studs in my lobe peircings - they are so cute ::) but I'm glad I went bigger with the main studs as these look really little on my big lobes! Looking forward to my nice blinged out ears! Just one of set of tichy baby diamond studs to get for the last ear piercings and I'll be all sparkled up! :appl:

Yes, this is what I have been doing rather than any form of wedding planning.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Surely bling planing IS wedding planning 4ever!

rosetta|1309169704|2956008 said:
Surely bling planing IS wedding planning 4ever!

+1

VC - I hope everything went off without a hitch! Can't wait to hear how it went, and SEE photos!

It is so great to be able to think about the wedding and not have the thought that my grandpa might not make it playing in the background. It is such a huge relief! Our whole family is so happy. A weight has been lifted off of us all.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I thought I was really on top of booking all the main things and could have a bit of a relax before I put myself through dress shopping BUT yesterday I realised that we never booked accommodation - and considering our wedding is right before a holiday weekend in a popular holiday desination.....eep :-o Have to make my parents pick somewhere asap!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
that is GREAT news about your grandpa FMS! :appl:

get it sorted 4ever, then you can relax a bit. I found dress shopping highly stressful and ended up buying a dress on my own (i'm so glad i did it this way, i got to wear exactly what i want)

my dress is now hanging at home. I'm really happy with the super easy bustle, its just one button and looks like this:

bustle.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
also, for those ladies thinking of getting a manicure, i highly recommend a shellac manicure.

working in healthcare, i use my hands a lot, and wash them many times a day.

i got a shellac 3 and a half weeks ago to test it out.

in the photo you can see that i've kept it even though my nails have grown out a lot, just to see how long it lasts.

it hasn't chipped at all, and only started lifting off a bit a few days ago.

it has been better than any other manicure i've tried.

i'm getting it soaked off, and another manicure tomorrow, which should last through the wedding.

shellac.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look like they lasted really well.

Your ring is just gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

Rosetta - thanks! Your bustle looks perfect and your ring is blinding (in a good way, of course!). I am definitely going for a shellac the week of the wedding.

I got my first RSVPs today! 4 of them! All yes's and 3 of them came with little notes written on them. Yay!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
HI GIRLS!!! :wavey:

I'M MARRIED!!!

I've been super busy since the wedding, but I am happy to report that DH (EEK!) and I had an absolutely AMAZING and wonderful day! Even though things didn't turn out perfectly (which I'll detail later), I didn't let it get to me! I was on cloud 99999999999 all day long, and my family and friends were incredibly helpful and managed to make everything run beyond smoothly!

And to hold you over until our preview goes up on our photographer's blog tomorrow...here's a shot my friend snagged while my photog was doing some Bridal portraits in the bridal room before the ceremony...

vc preview.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results