shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun Bridal Shower Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies. I''m helping my friend''s aunt plan her bridal shower in April. My friend and I were talking, and we both agree that we''ve never been to a bridal shower that we haven''t been bored out of our minds at. That being said, we''d like to make sure that her''s is actually entertaining for the guests. She has asked me to help her aunts up the "fun factor." So from your experience, what can we do to increase guest enjoyment. Are there any games or other activities that you''ve particularly enjoyed? Please share!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Let me preface this by saying that I hate games.

That said, any party has the same ingredients for fun: fun people, yummy things to eat, and appropriate music. So maybe the fun-factor would be upped if it was less shower-y and more party-y?

I guess it depends what your friend likes!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your reply Inday! I'm not a fan of games myself, however the bride specifically mentioned having some "fun" not "cheesy" games. Not sure if those exist for bridal showers. My dilemma is that her aunts are actually throwing the party, and there will be a decent number of older guests expecting a more traditional shower. For that reason, my suggestions to make it less showery have not gone over so well with the aunts. I had suggested a wine tasting and tapas theme- which is something I personally would love for my shower. I think it would get guests talking, and make it a really fun event. It wasn't exactly what the aunts had pictured, so my idea was shot down.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I still remember the bridal showers my mom used to host. We''d spend days before hand making the prizes for the games! They were the kind that seem cheesy, but I was little so I didn''t know any better yet, and everyone had fun. Those were the days... but not really appropriate anymore (though appropriate isn''t really the right word I spose).

Anywho, I think it really depends on the people who are going to be invited. My family and friends (and most of FI''s family too) love to play board/card games at family get togethers, so thats what I would want to do at mine! For me I see no reason why it can''t be pretty much the same as any other party that we have, you know?

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a bridal shower where everybody tried to draw a picture of the bride and groom on their head. It was actually pretty fun to see everybody''s drawings. Alternately, you could have people draw blindfolded (I learned that one from cranium). The nice thing about that is that it is suitable for mature and young audiences. It doesn''t even have to be a bride and groom. I think it would be funny drawing something and having the bride guess what the person intended to draw.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
The last bridal shower I went to was a wine tasting. It was a bit early in the day to drink wine, otherwise it was totally different and fantastic. And I took home some great wine!

And I agree about the stupid games. Ugh. I really hope my MOH doesn''t insist on having those darn things. But - if she does, oh well.
25.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
My MOH is planning a wine tasting trip too! I think it will be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results