shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke has questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so FI and I sat down with my dad tonight and asked what he would like to do about the wedding. I asked for a budget...and I didn''t get one. Instead I got a "Let me know about how much you think it will cost..."

Other than that, this is what I''ve got:

Elegant semi-formal evening SMALL (less than 20) wedding at THE Wedding Chapel at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in January 2010 (most likely--not set in stone yet). Dinner to follow at one of the restaurants in Mandalay Bay (Fleur De Lys, Aureole or miX are most likely here.) Maybe an informal-ish rehearsal dinner the night before, and definitely a bachelor/bachelorette party somewhere in there, and perhaps a brunch the day afterward?

Then to follow, a week or so later:

A casual reception for probably 150-200 people. Probably buffet style food. Something fun and laidback that my dad can invite all of his friends to, and we don''t have to stress out as much about. And THAT means, I can limit my actual wedding even more, and invite all of those pushy people that keep inviting themselves to that, and not have to worry about the who gets invited to Vegas because it will only be immediate family and super close friends. I''ll probably make cupcakes for this because I don''t want to spend a week making a formal wedding cake. Maybe something in the afternoon/evening?

I was hoping FOR a budget so I could work under something, but I guess this gives me some leeway.

HOWEVER, now I have a ton of questions. What am I going to do about throwing 2 parties? How do you work invitations for both of those things? FI wants to have them a week apart (wedding in Vegas Jan 9, 2010, and big reception here Jan 16, 2010 for example). Does that mean that I''d have to send out two sets of STDS? And of course that would mean two sets of invites too.

How do you word an invitation for the reception: "Freke and Mr. Freke are to be married Jan 9, 2010 in Las Vegas NV and you''re invited to the reception on January 16, 2010 in Albuquerque NM"?!?!?! I mean I could say, "Freke and Mr. Freke were married Jan 9, 2010 in Las Vegas NV and you''re invited to the reception on January 16, 2010 in Albuquerque NM" but wouldn''t that be weird to get before the wedding has even taken place?

And what do I do about registering? I wanted to register at Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn and maybe another place because there are things that we need that would be nice to have/upgrade to (even with limited storage space). FI wants to register at Amazon OR to somehow suggest donating to the American Cancer Association (his mother died 3 years ago from a combination of pancreatic cancer, diabetes, and heart issues and my mom died this past December from breast cancer) because he thinks we don''t need or have room for any new stuff. So I''m not sure what to do there.

The one thing my dad said: "This is all about what you want. You do what you want. It is your wedding." I wasn''t really expecting that at all! I was expecting him to want a huge party thing and invite everyone he knows! (He kind of gets that anyway, with this reception thing, but still!)

Help please!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Wellllll... I don''t know about the Vegas portion, but there are plenty of ladies who have had Vegas weddings that could offer insight.

With the casual reception: Is it at someone''s house? A hall?? The most affordable buffet-style dinner I found on a Saturday in NR Ohio was $22/pp. Will you be serving alcohol? Need rentals? Do you want flowers/centerpieces/etc for the informal event? Or really just food/drink?

Sorry for all the questions, but any other specifics on what you''d like for the reception would be helpful
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I can''t help you with ideas of budgets sorry, but as for the other stuff.

I would only send out 1 set of save the dates to the formal Vegas affair but if you want to send to both then by all means I wouldn''t see it as weird but since you said the second reception is an informal do it wouldn''t strictly be necessary.

for the invitations to the casual do I would possibly word it as a cute poem something along the lines of...(this is really bad but you get the gist)

Freke and Mr Freke are heading off to Vegas to tie the knot
A small affair with only family and BP is what we plan to do
but we want to share our joy with you and our friends at our
backyard do on -----2010.

As for registering and the donation thing if you are having favours you might be able to do donation favours to the charity and hope it inspires others to follow your footsteps.

I hope that helps some :).

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The wording on the invite for the bigger reception is tough. I''m struggling with suggestions here but I will give it a try.

"You are invited to a celebration of the marriage off Mr and Mrs Freke. After tying the knot at a small intimate ceremony in Las Vegas they will be returning to New Mexico to celebrate their union with friends and family."

I''m hoping that some of the people who have done small DW on PS with a larger reception following will chime in and let you know how their reception invites were worded and also how they were received by those not invited to the main event.

If I received an invite like this, I think that I''d be happy to be included in the larger reception. I don''t think that I''d get the feeling of "Oh darn, I wasn''t invited to the real wedding!?! Then again, I''m fairly laid back about this stuff.

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about something like this for the reception invitations?

Mr. (and Mrs.) Bride''s Parents
request the pleasure of your company
at a (dinner) reception in honour of
Mr. and Mrs. Your Married Name
Day, the date of Month
at time o''clock (in the afternoon/evening)
Location Name
City, State

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 11:55:04 PM
Author: Clairitek
The wording on the invite for the bigger reception is tough. I''m struggling with suggestions here but I will give it a try.

''You are invited to a celebration of the marriage off Mr and Mrs Freke. After tying the knot at a small intimate ceremony in Las Vegas they will be returning to New Mexico to celebrate their union with friends and family.''

I''m hoping that some of the people who have done small DW on PS with a larger reception following will chime in and let you know how their reception invites were worded and also how they were received by those not invited to the main event.

If I received an invite like this, I think that I''d be happy to be included in the larger reception. I don''t think that I''d get the feeling of ''Oh darn, I wasn''t invited to the real wedding!?! Then again, I''m fairly laid back about this stuff.
This sounds good to me. I think all of your friends will be thrilled to celebrate your union once you get back. Your Vegas plans sound great. I guess get quotes and tell your Dad what the ball park figure is. He sounds like a great Dad, and am sure he''s been a great comfort to you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 11:38:25 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Wellllll... I don''t know about the Vegas portion, but there are plenty of ladies who have had Vegas weddings that could offer insight.

With the casual reception: Is it at someone''s house? A hall?? The most affordable buffet-style dinner I found on a Saturday in NR Ohio was $22/pp. Will you be serving alcohol? Need rentals? Do you want flowers/centerpieces/etc for the informal event? Or really just food/drink?

Sorry for all the questions, but any other specifics on what you''d like for the reception would be helpful
1.gif
The casual reception would probably be at a hotel ballroom, but possibly my dad''s house (3,500 sq feet) depending on how many people would be there. Being that I''m expecting around 200, the house is probably not an option. Especially in January when the outside space can''t be utilized.

I''m guessing that my dad will want alcohol--but I will probably want to limit it to beer and wine for cost issues. I don''t think I want any rentals or really flowers either. Flowers are not my thing at all. Maybe some kind of interesting centerpieces (to be thought of at a later date). I think food and drink is the main priority. FI''s family owns a restaurant, so we could have them cater it, but then we''d need to find a place to have it that would allow outside food.

As for menu I''m thinking:
Buffalo wings
Veggies
Fruit
Cheese
New Mexican food
Cupcakes (made by me)
And other random stuff I''ll think about later

Feel free to ask more questions! It forces me to think about this stuff and make decisions as well as thinking about it in the first place!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I love the little ditty Deelight came up with! Wish I had seen that before we got married last spring. :)

So, what we did was similar to what you are proposing, but we did the reception a few months after. We only sent out save the dates for our wedding, but you could do it for both.

I used Zazzle.com for both STD cards and it saved me a ton of money. The first STD had a picture of Vegas at night and was for the people invited to the wedding. Then, in our wedding invitations, we had RSVP''s to both the wedding in Vegas and/or the reception at home. The people who were invited to the wedding only got the wedding invite.

Since your reception might happen very soon after your wedding, I think the idea of announcing your wedding would be perfectly acceptable. "Freke and Mr. Freke would like to announce their marriage and celebrate with their friends on family on [date.]"

We sent out the card announcing our wedding shortly after we got back and it was only sent to the people invited to the reception.

As for budget wise, since Mandalay Bay was our second choice, what we got at Paris was comparable. We spent about 3,500 on our ceremony and that included:

room rental
wedding planner
the ceremony
our minister
flowers
our music
photography before, during, after ceremony with family
1 hour of photography on the grounds
photo book
DVD of ceremony
3 nights lodging in a very nice suite

Our reception was held at the Hilton for about 55 people and was 3 hours. My parents paid for it, so I don''t know the exact amount, but I''d say it was about 5k. The restaurants you listed are very nice restaurants, but I''m not sure what a dinner reception would cost there. Our budget was 10k for everything, and well, we went over it by 2-3k when all was said and done. (My dress and alterations were about 1k of that. Our travel arrangements were a little more expensive.) We had an informal rehearsal dinner for about 24 people at a burger place (with plenty of tropical drinks!) and that was about 1,500.

And this is all sounding more expensive when I list it out like that, but it was worth every darn penny.

For registering, I''d register at maybe one place for each of you: William Sonoma and Amazon.com, but also put something on the website (or wherever you''re listing your registry) with a nice note about how you''d both really appreciate support to the ACA in lieu of gifts.

Hope this helped somewhat. I can dig up my budget breakdown from Paris if that''d help!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
May I suggest looking into having your post-wedding Vegas dinner at the Foundation Room? We had dinner up there last week - the service was great, the food even better, and the view was to die for.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. So FI is insisting that going to a fancy restaurant is "wasteful" and "your best friends aren''t going to eat anything because they are so picky and won''t know what anything is." So I''m probably going to try to go with more of a crowd pleaser that''s less expensive. Maybe one of Wolfgang Puck''s restaurants, or the Daniel Boulud restaurant at the Wynn. Depends on my mood I guess.

You know, maybe I''ll think outside of the box on that one. I was always the girl who wanted to go to McDonalds before Prom in all of our high school finery. I wanted to be ironic or something.
2.gif

So I was thinking of a cool postcard for the Vegas wedding guests. I think that a STD is probably needed more for the reception here because I have a lot of out of town family that my dad would want to come out. Also, everyone that would be invited to Vegas is in town, so they are easy to get the point across to. It''s the other STDs that get complicated. I''m going to have to think about that for a while.

We''re going to look into three packages--Opal Shores, Platinum Skies and one other. I''m on orders from FI to show them to my dad and get his opinion on them. I''m hoping he gives me his actual opinion and doesn''t just wave a credit card at me.

So these are the things that we''ve decided on:
Vegas
Mandalay Bay
Evening wedding
January
30 or less guests (I''m going to talk to my dad about some of that too)
My shoes
My earrings
His suit
Dinner reception after wedding (now I need to figure out where)
Reception in NM afterward

These are maybes/something we need but I have no idea what to do:
$2,000 dress budget (for everything-alterations and everything else)
Another photog besides the hotel one
Invitations
Possible road trip to and from LV with those who are less able to easily afford the trip (ie: friends)

Yeah. I have no idea what else and it''s late.

Julabean Just out of curiosity, why did you decide against Mandalay Bay?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We are also doing a ceremony away and then a large reception later, so I feel your pain with all these concerns. Here are some things to think about:

Most reception halls (here at least) have a minimum tab to book, and the cheapest I have heard of is $10K. So, they offer some sort of per person pricing for booze and food, but you have to spend at least the minimum to be able to reserve the space. If that is the direction you want to go, I think you should assume $10-15K even for apps and drinks. 150-200 is a lot of people, and the cost at this type of place will add up quickly. Depending on what kind of decorations you want, this could easily add another $5-10K.

If you want to DIY food or dessert, you will probably have to find some sort of alternative venue. I would fully recommend this, because I am most interested in being able to personalize our reception and being cost effective. But, this requires more research and has a different set of problems. What about your dad''s backyard with a heated tent?

For the ceremony, since I assume you know all those attending really well, I would go with a website or evite STD. For our reception, we are doing postcard style invites and thinking about having the RSVP online instead of via mailed response cards. We chose this because it is most ecofriendly, but it also shaves about $500 off of invite costs, and you could probably do this for $100.

My guess, from reading your post, is that it will probably be anywhere from $10 - $30K for everything. If you are paying for everyone''s expenses to and in Vegas, I would add more. The top end would be if you wanted to have a reception site and hire everything out. The low end would be more DIY. But, of course, it is so variable, it is really hard to tell.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know if this will help you come up with a quick estimate...I based my budget on actual cost estimates from my vendors.

http://www.costofwedding.com/

You can get a good cost estimate for the Vegas wedding, rehearsal dinner and day-after brunch quickly and easily by calling the Mandalay Bay Hotel and asking to talk to whoever helps coordinate weddings. They should be able to get back to you with estimates on ALL your Vegas costs. You don''t have to decide yet to use that one hotel for everything, but you''ll have some ballpark cost estimates to work with. Since it sounds like your Dad is pretty flexible on cost, include the cupcakes; let the pastry chef at the hotel make them.

I would base the reception cost on doing it at a hotel...if you do it at your dad''s home instead, that''s extra money saved, but at least you budgeted for it. Call up a hotel in your area and ask them what their space rental and catering fees are. You can use these as ballpark estimates.

Plan on two sets of STDs and invites. You can get cost estimates on the web, based on styles/vendors you like.

Figure $500-$1,000 for centerpieces for the reception. If you do it for less, great. Figure a minimum of $2,000 for all your clothes/accessories; you will have several dresses probably (actual wedding dress, rehearsal dress, brunch dress, reception dress), jewelry. And because this is FREKE we''re talking about, I''d add in another grand for shoes!!
31.gif

Will you be doing limos in Vegas? Call up and get a quote.

Then add about $2,000 contingency on top of everything you budget, for things you forgot to include or things that end up being more than you thought they would be, or things you decided you wanted to do differently than you thought.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just set the date! January 9th, 2010! Yay!

Ok.

Katamari I think we're going to have to think outside the box for the big reception. I'm imagining Vegas could be done for $12k. And FI wants to keep the whole thing under $20k. That would be about $8k for the reception. As for decorations--I don't give a poo. I don't want flowers. I don't want anything that can't be DIY. I've already been brainstorming for centerpieces. Other than that...not concerned. FI was already thinking of the campus ballroom, because he could get it for a discount. Dad's backyard is a no go. It's big, but it's an odd shape. There is only one spot suitable for a tent, and it's still very small. Technically the lot is almost 2 acres, but the walled in area mostly encompasses portals. January is too cold for outside period. It snowed the other day. Plus he basically lives in the mountains.

I was thinking since there won't be too many STDs for the wedding, of writing a handwritten note to everyone. I'm going to have to think more about this, because I want to give an accurate idea of the formality of the event, and that will be hard to do without STDs. As for the reception-I want WAY casual. Food and music and a venue. That's all I'm concerned with.

We won't be paying for anyone's expenses to Vegas. And everyone has made it clear that they don't expect us to either.

marchswallowbird

I've already been emailing back and forth with a wedding coordinator at Mandalay Bay, and she's been helping tremendously so far. Because this is a year in the future, hotel room rates are pretty much unknown. In about 3 months I should have a better idea there. As for a dinner afterwards, I still haven't decided where that will be yet. That is my task for tonight.

Rehearsal dinner- probably ESPNZone
Ceremony-Mandalay Bay
Dinner-don't know yet, but probably not in Mandalay
Brunch- Bouchon (keeping fingers crossed)
Reception-TBD

The cupcakes are for the reception here in NM, and I will be making those. I don't want to have any cake cutting in Vegas, and we won't be having a first dance there either.

I talked to a friend that got married about 2 years ago and started brainstorming with her about venues. So I'm going to look into that this weekend probably.

I'm worried about invitations. That never occurred to me to be worried about before, but now I'm stressin' onver it. Does it count if I send out a STD text message?

I'm thinking for clothing and accessories I'll allow $2,500 in the budget. I have about 8 dresses that I bought last spring/summer that I haven't worn yet (was planning on wearing them to a friend's wedding events, but I decided to not go instead) so I'll probably try to utilize those. As for shoes, I already bought wedding shoes! Wohoo!!! And you'll be proud of me to know that while they were originally $325, I only paid $131 for them. Also, I bought earrings. Givenchy crystal rhinestone drop things that I found for 1/2 off at Dillards! Yay! I have pics of the shoes up somewhere, but I haven't taken pictures of the earrings yet, and I can't find them online. I will have to think about accessories, but I'm thinking $2,000 for the dress, and expecting to come in WAY under that mark. However I don't have shoes for all of my fabulous dresses (although I could probably make some that I have already work nicely).

Between FI and I we have enough saved for the rings (probably more than enough for 2 14kt wg bands) plus another $320 or so in change. FI thinks he can save up $2,000 to use for shows and meals just for us, but travel and hotel expenses will probably go to my dad. I might be able to save up some cash, but that's iffy because of my lack of a job and living off of financial aid.

No limos! FI is very thrifty when it comes to travel and there is no way, unless someone gave them to us for free that he'd even think about it.

I'm torn on photography. Some is included in the package, but that's only inside the chapel and maybe on the grounds. That is kind of lame, but I have a feeling that I'm the only one who photography is a priority for...

Meh...I should go take pics of my earrings to cheer me up!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Freke: We decided against Mandalay for a few reasons. When we stopped by, the wedding coordinator wasn''t very interested in us. She showed us around, but she wasn''t very engaging or anything. The other reason we went with Paris is because we''d never stayed at Mandalay, so we were a bit unsure about the lodging, and also the chapel at Paris felt more like a chapel. I loved the Mandalay rooms, but the chapel at Paris is on its own floor and has a very church-like feel that we were after.

As for a photographer, if I could do anything over again, I would probably have only taken the pictures included in our ceremony and then hired a photographer to do pictures around Vegas before or after the ceremony and do our reception. It would have been the same cost-wise. I don''t know what the protocol is about having an outside photographer taking pictures of you guys in and around Mandalay Bay, but I doubt anyone would really notice. But you may need permission from the hotel. The photography for our package was fairly inexpensive, but purchasing the rights to our pictures was REALLY expensive. So my advice on the photography is to not pay for it directly from the hotel (even though I love our wedding pictures) and find a photographer in the LV area.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julabean

That''s funny! The reason we like Mandalay Bay''s chapel was because it was less church feeling. But we aren''t religious at all, so that was a big thing on FI''s part. He immediately nixed Treasure Island because of that. We didn''t have any problems with the wedding coordinator that we talked to, in fact she''s really nice and has been putting up with all of my silly questions, but the other one that was there when we went was kind of rude.

Photography is my sticking point. I''m going to try to ask everyone to bring their digital cameras so I get lots of those, but I would really like to have a pro photog to go around Vegas with us. I recently got a lovely offer from someone who is semi-pro to do just that, but I''m going to have to think about it and discuss it with FI and my dad. Hey, I figure, the more photographers I can get, the better!

How much were the rights in comparison to the photography package?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Freke- one of the former BWW from 2-3 years ago had a great vegas photog. Does anyone else remember this? Let me see if I can find her, she was from around when Deco got hitched.

ETA: It was MsFlutter and she had two photogs, one day of and one later. She's sometimes in the mommies thread these days.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
As you and I chatted about, photography is my sticking point, too. I was NOT willing to compromise on having an actual photographer. So we''ve got a pro coming the day of the wedding, and now I''m trying to arrange with another photographer to meet us in the area of our honeymoon to take additional photos. I''m hoping that we can find a date when she''ll be in the area and be willing to do a shoot for an hour or two. For the rest of the pre- and post-wedding activities I''ll be handing my faboo camera over to a friend to take pictures. She agreed to work with me for about half an hour to get a feel for the camera, then I''ll turn it over to her...

I also think you might want to plan for more than a week between your ceremony and the reception at home - you may want an additional week to get home and relax after your wedding prior to running around to try and finish last minute details for the party.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Freke,
Just got back from our New Year''s Day wedding in Vegas. We had it at the Wynn and it was beautiful. We went across the street to Maggiano''s for our reception. They have banquet rooms there. They have an incredible catering menu for weddings that includes an open bar, wedding cake, and the biggest amount of food, you could ever imagine. Our guests had never been to a wedding where the food was so delicous and so much. After the wedding we went back to the Wynn to Blush and continued the night with those who still wanted to continue celebrating. (even though we had a DJ at the reception). I''m trying to scan some photos..Wynn''s photo''s came out incredible. Trying to get photos.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I can''t help with Vegas stuff, but I can offer some help with the wedding/reception thing.

A friend of mine got married in Mexico, and all the people who went with (60 folks, btw) were invited via phone/word of mouth. Once they expressed interest in going, I think the family sent out travel details via e-mail. Meals that were provided by the family were outlined in an itinerary. The bride did try to do a rehearsal dinner with family and wedding party only, but it totally got crashed (which would be a problem I suppose when you bring 60 people to Mexico) - so I know that is the one thing she probably would have done differently.

So, for invites, my friend only used one set, sent out to everyone. She did not do STDs - those who were already going to Mexico were planning ahead already, and those who were not were about 400 folks, and if I remember right, it was a Friday night reception starting at 6pm (so the assumption was that since most people were local, they wouldn''t have plans). The first card inside was a wedding announcement rather than invitation. If you search for announcement wording on the knot or any other wedding site, a bunch will come up. Basically, it looked like a regular old invitation without the line of people requesting the honor of your presence. I think it just said something along the lines of "Jane and John will be married on January 1 in Villa Gorgeous, Mexico" Then a separate card was enclosed for the reception that was a clear invitation "Please join us for toasting and tidbits at the Beautiful Center on February 2 to celebrate the union of John and Jane. RVSP" They did RSVPs via e-mail but I would have preferred the little card thingie.

You didn''t ask this, but it''s also interesting - my friend did wear her dress twice, I believe sans veil at the reception. In the lobby, they had the wedding video playing on a loop, and her wedding album out on display (done at Snapfish, btw). It was a really lovely touch.

Re: registering - the "proper" thing to do is to spread by word of mouth that you''d rather receive donations rather than include it in any invite. I know that St. Jude used to or maybe still does a thing where the bride and groom could give a donation instead of favors (we did this) and they would provide a poster thing and table with envelopes where guests could give additional donations (we did not do this). That might be an idea, too. I would register though - we had 2 department store registries (due to what was in our respective hometowns), Amazon, a honeymoon registry (that no one used), Bed Bath and Beyond, and Target. I don''t believe in too many registries, clearly :) Depending on the ages/economical situation of your guests, I would consider having an inexpensive registry - also, remember that whatever you add for your registry you can get up to 20% off for completion (so do register for items that you want or need). At the time we registered, we had no idea where we''d be living and we already had two sets of everything (all hand-me downs) because we''d been living on our own for a few years, but fast forward a year and a half, and we''re living in a house that we never figured we''d be owning at this point. I''m SO glad I registered for the things I did, even though a lot of things spent the first year or so in storage. Plus, it was really cool to be able to donate so much to charity when we gave away all our old apartment stuff.

Re: two events - I''m a two-wedding bride, but ours was in reverse - big wedding then small wedding two weeks later. We did do separate invites for this, so some people got two invites to two weddings, while some people only had one. The big wedding was a huge task for DH and me because our parents did the same thing as your dad - "this is your wedding, do what you want." It was extremely generous of them, but it was also really hard because even though the wedding is what you want, every bride is thinking about what her friends and family will want, too. The small wedding was my parents'' thing (big on the church service, cake and punch afterward), and all I had to do was show up in my wedding dress with DH and meet with our priest twice. I think you''ll find that there will be a LOT of stress for two events (and an insane amt of money - it''s definitely more expensive than just dividing a wedding budget in half), but in the end, I think it''s worth getting married the way you want and getting married the way your family wants. I have wonderful memories of both, and neither DH nor I had to sacrifice anything about how we wanted to tie the knot.

Looking forward to reading more about the plans!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Freke.....I''m so glad that you are asking all these questions. I''m trying to figure out the small ceremony with larger reception later concept as well. We haven''t picked a date and because of the bar exam this summer I can''t plan at all during it. I know it''s a reception, but I''ve been thinking about not doing STD for the later party. Plenty of peoplethrow large parties without STD. Your good friends and family will k ow about it. Anyway, just a thought on saving some money....maybe only do STD for out of town guests. Idk....Ive been trying to work this one out as well.

We have the added problem of wanting the wedding to be in the same city as the party and the same weekend! No fun! But FI really wants it....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all of the advice ladies. I haven''t read it all because this is my first time back to my thread since yesterday and it''s 4:30am. And by yesterday I mean Tuesday, seeing as it''s now Thursday.

Here is a brief update on what I''ve been up to:

I think I have come across a reception venue for the big party, but I need to trade emails with them to find out for sure.

I registered at Williams Sonoma. I''m also going to register at Macy''s, but their website is being a ...naughty word... and won''t let me add anything.

Don''t worry El I wouldn''t dream of putting registry info in my invites. No way, no how.

In other news...

The Adult Film Expo is this weekend in Vegas. Guess what this weekend next year is?

I think I''m going to have to change my wedding date.

I''ll be back later, and hopefully more...awake.

...must sleep...

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Freke, if you''re still picking out places to register, have you researched how they''re doing? I heard that Waterford Wedgwood filed for bankruptcy protection and that bummed me out. Granted a lot of places aren''t doing well in this economy and it might be all panic and rumor. I just remember the poor brides who registered at Linens N Things and had their registries pulled out from them. I don''t mean to rain on your parade, but I don''t want the same happening to you.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: the invitations (sorry if I'm repeating anyone, I didn't read all the responses). We had a post-wedding reception in my hometown like you're doing, and this is approximately what it said on those invitations. You know, formatted with line breaks however you like. I think the mention of the wedding date is unneeded, and might confuse people (they'll get both dates in their head and be confused which is the date of the party they were invited to
3.gif
).

Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents request the pleasure of your company at

A Local Reception

to celebrate the marriage of their daughter,

Musey to Musey's Husband.
They will be married on October 4, 2008.

The Springfield Reception will take place on
December 28, 2008
at 1234 Main Street, Springfield, Washington

Dinner and Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results