shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowers Flowers Flowers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueberrygirl

Rough_Rock
I recently got engaged
36.gif
! Since I''m still in school, I am doing research on wedding planning now, when I have a break. My mother, sister and I are pretty crafty gals and have decided to take on all of the decorating ourselves!(as this will save mucho dinero) My sister is also a talented seamstress and is going to make my dress as well! I will have the reception (most likely) in an outdoor garden type space. The wedding will be in Jan 07 in Miami, when the weather is perfect. OK, here is my actual question: does anyone know about wholesale flower companies that sell direct to consumer, as opposed to vendors and florists, which are reliable? Also, has anyone heard of brides doing the flower arrangements themselves?

Any input would be appreciated.
28.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh phooey.. which bride was that that did her flowers herself.. They came out beautifully.. I can seeeee her pictures in my head...I believe the flowers were blue? or the dresses were blue? I don''t know.. . I know what her engagement ring looks like.. lol.. It was the girl whose ring I was looking at when FI proposed.. :)

Anyway.. I think AmberGretchen is doing her flowers herself too.. she probably knows of flower places.

I think my 5 year old neice would do a better job doing flower arrangements than I could. I have no crafty-type abilities..

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I'm doing my own flowers and I plan on ordering from www.saveoncrafts.com. They have a great selection and the prices aren't bad. I also got some other flowers off of ebay that turned out really nice for the bridesmaids bouquets.

One thing though, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT order from a website called: www.burlapcreations.com. I had a REALLY BAD experience with them and reported them to the Better Business Bureau. It's not posted yet, but trust me, you don't want to deal with them.
38.gif

ETA: These websites are for artificial and silk flowers. My mother has allergies and I can't have real flowers at my wedding.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2006 11:58:15 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
qtiekiki did her own flowers i believe
I did my own flowers, but I went to the L.A. flower market instead of ordering online. The flowers tend to be slightly cheaper at a local flower market than online, but then you don''t have the convienence of home delivery. If there''s a local flower market close to you, you might want to check it out to compare prices and for inspirations on colors and flowers combo. If you need help on techniques, feel free to PM me.

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
MelissaSue, It was me!
9.gif
Did my own wedding flowers then another friend''s wedding a few months ago. Find out if there is a local Floral Mart in the Miami area where the florists go do their wholesale shopping. I had gone to the Los Angeles Floral Mart like qtiekiki did for my flowers. Saves you money from going online and you get to see the quality of flowers. In addition, the biggest way to save money is keep an open mind. Don''t have your heart set on a particular flower, but on a certain look within the color scheme. My friend had wanted peonies for her November wedding for her bouqet, but at 8 bucks a stem, her bouquet was going to cost more than the rest of the flowers, so instead we went more inexpensive flowers that gave her a similar look and saved a ton of money! We spent about $300 bucks on flowers for her''s and it looked faboulous!

Just remember that it will take at least the day before the wedding to prepare and arrange the flowers and have lots of people who can help around.

Canon158a.jpg
Canon096a.jpg
Canon089a.jpg

Canon099a.jpg
Canon079a.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful Tulip. You are very talented!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can totally do all your own flowers if you have talent (okay, and the wholesale resource and a lot of people around to help you!). I am doing my own bouquets but I''m not doing the table arrangements, that''s a little bit intimidating for me.

Okay, my pics are too big to upload onto this system but I wanted to share my practice shots so you could see the potential. erg. This will take some time...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results