shape
carat
color
clarity

Flowergirl maximum age?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
How old is too old to be a flowergirl?

My MOH''s little sister volunteered to be my flowergirl but she is 14, and kinda tall (as tall as me)... I just have this notion in my head that flower girls are supposed to be toddlers or something, certainly not someone in her teens. Btw, i was never planning on having any flower girls. Its just an extra expense and I''m not exactly swimming in money LOL

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I think 14 is a little bit too old for a flowergirl, but I think it is cute that your MOH''s sister wants to participate! Perhaps you can see if she wants to help pass out programs on the day of the wedding or assist with the guest book. That way, she can still be a part of the big day without the added expense!
1.gif

LittleLovely

Rough_Rock
If you don''t want a flower girl, don''t have a flower girl. Just tell her that she''s so sweet to offer, but you weren''t planning on having one.

That said, I think you can have whoever you want as your flower girl at whatever age. I think traditionally they are 3-6 but I''ve seen pre-teen flower girls and they were adorable. It''s your wedding! Do what makes you happy.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yeah she is waay too old.

My daughter will be a flower girl for us and she is 9 and only a head shorter than i am, and i think that is pushing it a bit!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that''s what I thought....

I am going to make her a ringbearer instead. She is actually really excited. She said "OMG that is like, the MOST important job on your wedding day... " Hahaha she''s too gorgeous!
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ETA: I just saw that you'd already replied and come up with a solution! Never mind!! Glad you figured it out!

I am really of the mind that it's your wedding: whoever you and your fiance want to stand up for you that day should be there, in whatever capacity makes sense. The semantics of flower girl or junior bridesmaid don't really matter all that much. Nor do the "rules."

We're going to have our four collective nieces who will be 2, 8, and 10 be our flower girls--maybe the older girls should be called junior bridesmaids not flower girls. Oh well! The point is that they're our family, we love them, and it's important for them to be there with us.

At the end of the day it's what you and your FI want. If YOU guys want your MOH's sister there, then go for it. If you don't, then you have any number of reasons to gently say "No thank you." There are probably lots of other ways to honor her and involve her if that's what you want.

It's YOUR wedding--do what makes you happy and loved on that day!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My eldest was a flower girl in my SIL''s wedding at age 10, and honestly I thought that was too old. In part because she was almost as tall as the bride!

For me, the ideal flower girl age is about 4-7 or 8.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I know 7 is not too old
29.gif
29.gif

Lol, I''m sorry cindy....you know what I mean from last night''s post.

My research said 10 an under for FG and ring bearers. I think 14 is too old...maybe you can have her do a reading or something. Duh, you posted a solution.....a ring bearer is a great idea!!!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
14 is too old IMO.

I would say the cutoff for flower girl is about 7.

You don't not have to have a flower girl. We didn't have a ring bearer.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
MAX 10, I think. 7 or 8 is more reasonable.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Robbie was a FG in her 20s. She was probably the most obedient FG anyone''s ever had!
9.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:05:37 AM
Author: princessplease
I know 7 is not too old
29.gif
29.gif

Lol, I''m sorry cindy....you know what I mean from last night''s post.

My research said 10 an under for FG and ring bearers. I think 14 is too old...maybe you can have her do a reading or something. Duh, you posted a solution.....a ring bearer is a great idea!!!!!!

LOL u r funny!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
One of our FG''s was 9 and I thought that was pushing it. If you wanted to include her, she should be at least a jr bm, if not even a bm. If you hadn''t planned on including her, and dont want to, I think that is fine too, but maybe give her a job like handing out programs or something and if you are close to her you can include her in the bridesmaidy type things. SHe is probably just excited about the big event and wants to be included .

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
See here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-me-as-the-flower-girl.66881/
Robbie the sexy flower girl!

but anywho, My FSIL's are going to be 7 and 13 when we get married. the youngest will be our flower girl and the oldest will be a Jr. Bridesmaid.
my FBIL will be 7 and he'll be our ring bearer... my two boy cousins who will be 13 and 11 will escourt our jr bm as jr groomsmen... we want the little members of our family to be included! lol.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I feel like 10 is about the maximum age. After that, most girls start to look like young ladies, not children, so "junior bridesmaid" might be a more appropriate title for them. Maybe your MOH's little sister can be a junior BM or greeter? I was a FG for the last time at age 9.

ETA: Just saw your post about her being your ring bearer--great idea!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cutest is probably 4-6. I''d say 7-8 is fine. 8-10 up to the individual kid. (some kids would love to do it and be cute, others understand enough to be upset by it)

My mother''s opinion is that NO ONE is too old to be flower girl. I was 18 for her 2nd wedding and she asked me to be her flower girl.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our flower girl was 7 or 8, I can't remember. She did a great job and looked adorable! I think 9 and under is probably fine.

I wanted a slightly 'older' flower girl because too young and they don't walk down the aisle, they usually just run to their mom!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli,

I don''t want her to be a junior bridesmaid! All my BMs are my best friends from high school, and my FI''s niece. We''re close, but not THAT close, kwim?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:59:40 AM
Author: jaylex
See here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-me-as-the-flower-girl.66881/

Robbie the sexy flower girl!

but anywho, My FSIL''s are going to be 7 and 13 when we get married. the youngest will be our flower girl and the oldest will be a Jr. Bridesmaid.

my FBIL will be 7 and he''ll be our ring bearer... my two boy cousins who will be 13 and 11 will escourt our jr bm as jr groomsmen... we want the little members of our family to be included! lol.

Hehe, I''m famous!
3.gif
I was 24 when I was the flower girl in my cousin''s wedding. It was a month before my own wedding. I should totally be in the Guinness Book of World Records as oldest flower girl, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results