shape
carat
color
clarity

Flower in Hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I have a gorgeous veil which love, but I''m thinking that I might also want to wear a flower in my hair. My hairstyle is simple, sort of a low bun and I think that a blossom would look quite nice. however, I proposed a gardenia to the florist and he thought that was a horrible flower. I want to stay away from orchids, because the wedding is in VT, nothing tropical about it...

any suggestions.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
What about gerber daisies? Maybe not the big ones, but the minis? Or... peony? A poppy? They come in lovely colors.. a bit of sweet peas? A violet? Something like this?

fliowerpowerhair2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
What about this one? It''s just feathers... Although feathers do seem a little silly.. I kinda like them too.

featherhair2.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
amber, that is so funny you posted the yellow flower in hair picture. i love that picture and it is the exact same one i showed our florist -- apparently, he doesn''t think that''s a good choice either
14.gif

i don''t think that he understands that i don''t need the flowers to last forever, just for a while...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lulu, I wonder what those flowers are?? You could always try freesia, they smell like heaven
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
If you want something more local, what about irises or some little spray roses with or without the freesia?

hair.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Just got back from my honeymoon and wanted to do a quick "I will give details and pics later" post, but I saw this thread and had to respond. I actually did the simple low bun do with a fake flower in my hair. I bought it off a an ebay vendor and it was beautiful. It is a gardenia, I got lots of compliments and even my photographer asked me if it was real the first time she saw it. It was reasonably priced and if you are interested, I can hunt up the info...and I will see if I can find a good pic of it too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay.. how do you do a search for ONE fake flower on ebay? Inquiring minds want to know. Mine specifically. I want flowers too.. but with a destination wedding, don't want to leave details to chance.

As for real flowers in hair. stephanotis. It's perfect for what you want. It's the flower with the pearl in it in that picture with the roses. They look beautiful and delicate and feminine and last well. Only available in white though.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
gypsy, i think the stephanotis might be a great idea. i could do a little cluster

ky6 Congratulations!!!!!!! hope your day was perfect! and i would definately appreciate a photo or info to the fake gardenia. i love gardenias and thought that since the florist told me they come in orders of three, if the first started to brown, then i could use the extras as fresh replacements...

also, how was PSV??? I''m so wrapped up in final wedding details, that i have given hardly any thought to the fact that we''re going to be relaxing at that lovely place ever so soon. I would love a mini review/advice pics!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey LL-

I think stephanotis is a great idea- they are really pretty and delicate...the only other flower I maybe would have suggested would have been a spray of tea (baby) roses. Those are really lovely too. Either way, it will be just beautiful!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ky6 -- your bio is excellent! you two make such a cute couple.

i love the gardenia, but i think that i might not have enough time to get anything shipped at this point, especially with the holiday. hmmm. maybe i can find something similar in a store. the flower is so pretty.

and hurray for paradise!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu, I bought a sprig of silk flowers and made my own hair flower using one big silk flower, one of those $0.99 combs by Goody (get it at Walmart) and a hot glue gun, and I did a twist and stuck it in the side of the twist. A few bobby pins, some hairspray, and I was good to go! It was a lot easier than fresh flowers, because I never had to worry about how it looked or about it staying in or anything like that. But fresh flowers ARE always very nice. :)

I was gonna wear a veil too, but once I saw the flower in my hair, I decided against it, and I''m totally happy that I did.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m lucky to live right near a paper-source -- they have everything you need for DIY paper projects and we have a few

chuch programs
thank you notes
in-room welcome letter
little map
table numbers
it goes on...

anyway, after work yesterday, i went back (again) for seating cards and they happened to have some fake flowers made out of this beautiful gauzy material. i picked one up and i love it. just hope it''s not too big.

HOUMedGal: thanks for the instructions, i''m going to take the flower i got and glue it to a comb so it will stay -- and again your pictures are fantastic!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 5:18:26 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Lulu, I bought a sprig of silk flowers and made my own hair flower using one big silk flower, one of those $0.99 combs by Goody (get it at Walmart) and a hot glue gun, and I did a twist and stuck it in the side of the twist. A few bobby pins, some hairspray, and I was good to go! It was a lot easier than fresh flowers, because I never had to worry about how it looked or about it staying in or anything like that. But fresh flowers ARE always very nice. :)

I was gonna wear a veil too, but once I saw the flower in my hair, I decided against it, and I''m totally happy that I did.
OH, I was wondering about your flower -- it looked beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the info. Lulu, I also live near a Paper Source -- three actually, lucky me!! -- so I may have to go check out the flowers you mentioned. Oh Paper Source, I love you so ....

I''ve been looking at pretty floral hairpins, but darnit if they aren''t incredibly pricey!! Who knew?!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ellaila: I
emlove.gif
paper source!

here is a website with some beautiful hair pins -- though, i never found out their fee -- thomas knoell

and here is a pic of the flower i got yesterday

luluhairflower.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu, that is lovely
1.gif

I just stopped into PS when I was in town (Boston) today, but they were closing in like two minutes, so I didn''t have time to see everything. I saw some other flower pins they had, but now that I look at your photo, yours is MUCH prettier. Will run to another store tomorrow to look for that one! Is yours white-white?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, Lulu, that flower is gorgeous! Love it!!! That will look fantastic as a hair flower. Just hot glue it to that comb and you''re good to go! :)

Ellaila, thank you very much! I wish I had some better pics of it to post here in this thread, but the pro pics still aren''t in.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Here is another example, maybe a gardenia or peony??

kjfeoirfj.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ellaila, the flower is a creamy ivory color, which is perfect for my dress. they had some others that were colored, but a little too brightly i thought.

HOUMedGal, i can''t believe how crafty this wedding is making me
3.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 11:05:59 AM
Author: lovelylulu

HOUMedGal, i can''t believe how crafty this wedding is making me
3.gif

Hehe, it''s fun, isn''t it? :) We did A LOT of stuff ourselves, and it was so much fun!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back from PS where I bought a white organza flower -- it''s actually a pin, but it''s the perfect size for my hair! I also bought a little pearl and rhinestone spray (I think for scrapbook?) and then some cheap plastic combs. This is it with the comb just literally thru the safety pin on the back of the flower and the spray jammed in there -- love it!! Obviously it''s fake-looking, but that''s why I like it-- I''m going to have a veil for the ceremony but when I take the veil off, I''ll stick this in my hair, and the material still looks kinda veil-y
1.gif

DSCN3193 (Small).JPG

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2006 2:08:04 PM
Author: ellaila
Just came back from PS where I bought a white organza flower -- it''s actually a pin, but it''s the perfect size for my hair! I also bought a little pearl and rhinestone spray (I think for scrapbook?) and then some cheap plastic combs. This is it with the comb just literally thru the safety pin on the back of the flower and the spray jammed in there -- love it!! Obviously it''s fake-looking, but that''s why I like it-- I''m going to have a veil for the ceremony but when I take the veil off, I''ll stick this in my hair, and the material still looks kinda veil-y
1.gif

Oooo! *makes a girlie noise*
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results