shape
carat
color
clarity

First wedding dress shopping trip! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! My mother and I went today to look at some gowns and I fell in love with two.

Dress 1 is a champagne satin Oleg Cassini.

Heres the front of dress 1. I look mad, but I''m not. Mom just caught me off guard.

angweddress1.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 1''s detail

weddress1detail.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Back of dress 1. It was hard to get a good idea of how it would look on me because it was too big.

weddress1back.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 2 is Madeleine by Maggie Sottero. Once again I look made, but I''m not.

angweddress2front.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Back of dress 2

weddress2back.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. Tried to get a detail shot of dress 2.

It''s hard to choose because Dress 1 was too big and I couldnt get a good picture of what it would look like on me. Dress 2 fit me like it was made for me. Not alterations would be needed.

weddress2detail.JPG

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I like the back of dress two!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I like the back of #2, but the front of #1. I love the detailed stitching on #1, too. The issue I''m having with #2 is the pickup skirt (in the front). The quality doesn''t seem to be as nice, but maybe it just needs a crinoline skirt underneath or something? They look beautiful on you! You look fantastic!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
My vote goes to dress 1. It''s beautiful without being overdone.

Dress #2 is just too busy imho.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I like dress 1 better! Now, I could just be a crazy bride, but I think the sash on dress 1 is placed a *little bit* higher, and it''s making a difference because you look taller in it. I don''t think it''s just that you''re on a pedestal either...but I could be wrong! Either way, you look beautiful!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer dress #2! I love it! I may be biased....I saw that Oleg dress a couple weeks ago on a bride - and it was just not very flattering on her....she got it in that goldish color, which is very pretty - I just thought that the dress was dragging her down....if that makes any sense....

But I love love love the Maggie dress :)

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 6:11:03 PM
Author: Sabine
I like dress 1 better! Now, I could just be a crazy bride, but I think the sash on dress 1 is placed a *little bit* higher, and it''s making a difference because you look taller in it. I don''t think it''s just that you''re on a pedestal either...but I could be wrong! Either way, you look beautiful!
I totally agree with Sabine. The sash ends around the smallest part of your waist, emphasizing how tiny it is, whereas dress 2 ends around the hips, which in my opinion doesn''t do your nice figure justice.

I''m also not a fan of the corset-style back (runs and hides).

Love the skirt tho, but i''m biased cause I have the same style.
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 6:11:03 PM
Author: Sabine

ITA with Sabine about the higher sash.

I like #1 better because the pick up skirt seems better constructed, the fabric seems thicker and nicer, and the sash placement looks better.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE #1 on you! The only thing I like better about #2 is the slightly sculpted neckline. If you got #1 though you could have the neckline altered to be like that of #2 (as long as you got alterations at somewhere other than David''s because they won''t change their wedding dress designs).

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #1!
36.gif
It looks so right on you. All the right proportions. #2 looks like it was #1, and then was deflated. Looks like you're missing a part of the dress or something, like it's hanging limp. I also like the back of #1 better.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 5:47:55 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I like the back of #2, but the front of #1. I love the detailed stitching on #1, too. The issue I''m having with #2 is the pickup skirt (in the front). The quality doesn''t seem to be as nice, but maybe it just needs a crinoline skirt underneath or something? They look beautiful on you! You look fantastic!

I agree

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 2:44:45 AM
Author: gtn
Date: 11/3/2007 5:47:55 PM

Author: NewEnglandLady

I agree

I agree with this also

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I really think Dress #1 is more flattering on you - and that''s with it being too big! It just looks like it suits your figure more than Dress #2 - and imagine if it''s sized to fit you! It''s going to be spectacular!

mrsjhughes

Rough_Rock
i love your style! i like #1 the best ''cause i feel like there''s too much going on in the back for #2. both are very pretty though.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for #1. It really flatters you and I agree with what everyone else says about the sash. Beautiful dress and you look fantastic in it. I do like #2 o.k. but #1 looks like a better dress.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your replies! I do appreciate your input.

I was dreaming all night last night about dress number 1. I NEED to go try them on again!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
FYI for all of you who are interested in my dress hunt.

We are going on Wednesday to try on the Maggie again and Thursday to try on the Oleg Cassini one in my size so I can get a better idea of how it fits when it, well, fits!

Wish me luck!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Well, we went yesterday to one bridal store and I found ANOTHER dress I love. It''s an Allure, not sure of the style number. It is in ivory and comes with a champagne sash (the one in the pics is make shift because they lost the champagne one).

Today we went to try on the Oleg Cassini one in my size. And I''m all confuddled. I LOVE them both. So here are some pics of the Allure, as well as the Oleg in my size.

Please help! I''m going to drive myself insane!

Here''s the Oleg one, in my size! I''m kinda drawn to the way the champagne color looks against my skin tone...

angchampagnefront.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the ivory Allure one. Remember, the sash is not the right sash, it will be in champagne and hang about halfway down the back of the dress, not as long as the oleg one does.

angivoryfront.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Detail, with the sash off.

angivorydetail.JPG

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those really look similar! Is one pricier than the other, or do you prefer one fabric over the other?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results